PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you want Brian Schottenheimer if he is available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There are rumblings that the Jets are going to scapegoat Schottenheimer to commit themselves to the Sanchez lie for another year. I've seen a lot of Jets games over the last few years, and I'll tell you that this guy is a very, very good offensive coordinator. The bottom line is that if your quarterback is garbage, there's isn't much you can do. When your QB can't hit easy passes, doesn't see wide open receivers, and has a 55% completion pct mostly on checkdowns, you are in trouble. Looking at guys like Mike Martz, Charlie Weis, and Josh McDaniels should tell you that these coordinators can only be successful with great quarterbacks.

If the Jets do let go of Schottenheimer, I wonder if the Patriots would be aggressive in trying to recruit him either to replace BOB or work in another role with the team; we all know how appealing it is to join the Pats staff because you become in high demand fast under Belichick.

For once, I'd like to see the Pats really stick it to the Jets; Schottenheimer obviously has that team's offense figured out, ala Eric Mangini had our team figured out. Then maybe we could make him captain for the coin toss before we destroy those clowns again.

And for anyone who thinks that Schottenheimer is a "run-first" coach, I disagree. That is just the hand he is dealt in NY in needing to gameplan with one of the worst NFL QBs in the league.

He might make a decent tackling dummy for the first hour or so of training camp.

Schottenheimer will reportedly be looking at head coaching opportunities. Since I don't see any reason to get rid of BOB, the only jobs available in New England would seem to be downgrades, so I don't see Schottenheimer coming to the Patriots.

This thread is an insult to BOB.

I would take Dad Marty for DC but not son Brian

My God, he's awful. YETS fans identify him, (correctly IMO), as a major problem. He's called some terrible games for them this year. I realize he's not the only issue but he is, as I said, a major problem. I don't care where he goes as long as it's not here.

No, why would we want to replace BOB when Brady and the offense are playing great?

He only has a job because of his dad's name. The guy is a terrible play caller.

Is the Jets anemic offense more of the inabilities of Sanchez? or the play calling of Schottenheimer?

That can be debated

Thanks for the offer but I'll pass

I think he gets far too much blame for Sanchez's mediocrity, but he isn't a very good OC and Marty Ball does conflict with giving Brady the best chance of doing what he does best. I would pass.

Now if Pettine is fired, I might consider him for the defensive side of the ball.

No, Nada, Nein.. McDaniels may be available if BOB moves on.

Rather bring McDaniels back, but only if BOB has another disastrous playoff outing. Shotty may be better than what we've seen from NYJ but I'm not sold on him being any kind of significant upgrade right now.

There are rumblings that the Jets are going to scapegoat Schottenheimer to commit themselves to the Sanchez lie for another year. I've seen a lot of Jets games over the last few years, and I'll tell you that this guy is a very, very good offensive coordinator. The bottom line is that if your quarterback is garbage, there's isn't much you can do. When your QB can't hit easy passes, doesn't see wide open receivers, and has a 55% completion pct mostly on checkdowns, you are in trouble. Looking at guys like Mike Martz, Charlie Weis, and Josh McDaniels should tell you that these coordinators can only be successful with great quarterbacks.

If the Jets do let go of Schottenheimer, I wonder if the Patriots would be aggressive in trying to recruit him either to replace BOB or work in another role with the team; we all know how appealing it is to join the Pats staff because you become in high demand fast under Belichick.

For once, I'd like to see the Pats really stick it to the Jets; Schottenheimer obviously has that team's offense figured out, ala Eric Mangini had our team figured out. Then maybe we could make him captain for the coin toss before we destroy those clowns again.

And for anyone who thinks that Schottenheimer is a "run-first" coach, I disagree. That is just the hand he is dealt in NY in needing to gameplan with one of the worst NFL QBs in the league.

Scapegoat? He deserves all the hate he's getting. Any OC who is stupid enough to abandon the run (at five yards per carry) and have Mark Sanchez throw it 59 times is obviously a moron. No thanks to bad trash. Yuck. He's awful.

god no... he's awful.

What, our water boys are retiring???

Last edited:
Scapegoat? He deserves all the hate he's getting. Any OC who is stupid enough to abandon the run (at five yards per carry) and have Mark Sanchez throw it 59 times is obviously a moron. No thanks to bad trash. Yuck. He's awful.

You do know that the Giants secondary sucks, right?

Yeah, I want an OC who calls 1 WR routes out of our own endzone. Can we practice squad this thread? Worst idea I've ever heard. This guy abandons the run with his ****ty QB more the BOB does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back