Welcome to PatsFans.com

Would you want Bin Laden trial in the United States

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

With all the flip flopping on how effective our justice system will be with KSM, I was wondering if we somehow got Bin laden, would you want him to stand trial in the United States for 9-11 (assuming there is evidence of course).
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Yes, absolutely. Treat him as a common criminal and killer. He does not desrve to be glorified as a captured military man. He's simply a nutcase, and I think a trial would make that all the more evident.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I know this is not a direct answer to the question but If he's captured abroad chances are he would not be turned over to us because we would seek the death penalty.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I dreamed of the day he'd stand trial after 9-11. I had it all planned out in my head. From the two or three barely old enough to drink Marines who'd drag him out of his spider hole to the Orange Jumpsuit he'd wear w/Kevlar vest/helmet and on to the number of Federal Marshals and black government SUV's that would pull up to the front of the courthouse each morning (it was the one Charlie Sheen walked into at the end of Wall Street.) I pictured the judge (an old, grumpy looking guy with piercing, stern eyes) and a lead prosecutor with a reputation for going after witnesses the way Susan Dey did on LA Law 20 years ago. (I imagined a female prosecutor would really, really piss him off.)

It was so satisfying to play that scenario out in my mind over and over again and I was just about salivating when Tora Bora came along, yet it wasn't meant to be.
  5. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No Trial

Shot and beheaded while attempting escape
  6. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -2

This is a great question and to be honest, the idea of it scares the hell out
    me.

Who would be on that jury?

A jury of his peers?

Yikes.....

Does that mean he will get a retrial if we do not allow a Muslim on his
    jury?

It only takes 1 not guilty from a fanatic Muslim to get a mistrial.
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

This is what I would LIKE to see happen, sadly it would never happen.

If captured (add in Zawahiri here) I wouldn't want him tried at all. I would not want their capture disclosed at all. I would like to see them interrogated for any useful information they could provide. Especially who is in the chain of command (who took KSM's place for example). Use whatever methods elicits the information most accurately.

After we have obtained all useful information they can put death, sans trial. They have bragged about their acts of war against the US and in particular the intentional murder of US citizens there is nothing to prove.

There deaths should use suitable methods. Muslims will not eat pork as it is unclean and eating pork is reason to not be admitted to paradise (from what I understand). I would only offer them pork for food, they could decide to eat the pork or starve. After the eat the pork, or are close to death from starvation Take them to a pigstye (ever see how they disposed of bodies on the HBO show Deadwood?), let them see you dip a couple of bullets in bacon fat, stuff a sausage in their mouth and tape it shut, shoot them so they will die in a hour or so dump them in the pigstye and elave the pigs to dispose of them, walk away let them die, dealing with the knowledge they will never get their 72 virgins.
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

What a choice for moderator.

Did you apply for the job, or did someone actually recommend you?

:rolleyes:
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

No reason why he cannot be tried in the US, we have the world's greatest judicial system.. justice will ensue, it usually does..
  10. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -2

Did the Cops that beat Rodney King use excessive force?
    Innocent.... verdict...

Did OJ commit a double murder ?
    Innocent... verdict

Did Robert Blake commit murder ?
    Innocent... verdict

Darryl I have zero faith in the judicial system.
    Money & fame can work wonders in the courts.

One Muslim in the jury and we are in trouble.

I will never forget witnessing a juror throw a black power salute to OJ
    as he left the courtroom.
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Way to add to your reputation time and time again.

And after each example, the same indignance... "What? Me? Racist? You obviously don't know me."

Riiight... :rolleyes:

Thanks for adding another link to save for your ever-blossoming file of examples.
  12. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Nope......................... I say beat the sh!t out him for whatever useful information we could get, then take him out back and put a bullet in the back of his head. Bury him in an unmarked grave in the middle of nowhere. Perhaps lop off a finger to use for DNA to prove to the world we got him.

Nothing fancy.............. just justice. Of course, if that was not palatible for this crowd, we could turn him over to the Paki's and they could do it for us. Extraordinary rendition I think it's called.
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

He's dead.

Anyhow, then there's that BBC report declaring UBL was a patsy guilty of nothing but being a paid CIA asset -- a story no one challenged.

In fact, no one ever acknowledges the FACT that the man faces no official charges by the FBI regarding 9/11. Why is that, exactly?

Osama bin Laden Responsible for the 9/11 Attacks? Where is the Evidence?

"The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden's Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11." -- Rex Tomb, FBI's chief of investigative publicity, 2006​
  14. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Muslims aren't a race they are members of a religion. :rolleyes::singing:
  15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 1 / -9

I will never forget the Students standing on cafeteria tables in Howard Univ "cheering" when they heard the OJ verdict.
  16. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Sarcastic Alert!

Good questions! It's all been a frame job. Lets all start a foundation to restore his good name. We need more people in the world like bin Laden. I wish he was still alive. He'd make a great leader and roll model. Bill Clinton should be arrested and charged with attempted murder.:rolleyes:
  17. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Totally.....
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

You miss the point entirely. No one is claiming the man is a good person.

What's telling is that your crowd pins 9/11 on him when no evidence exists that he was ever involved. Then again, your crowd continues to insist a man on dialysis in 2001 is somehow still alive despite allegedly running from cave to cave.

If you guys could ever solidify what you're trying to charge, perhaps we'd listen. But after 8 years of crap, exaggeration and fear card hysterics, no one is listening any longer.
  19. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Well it's a pretty big crowd I'm in then that cuts across many political aisles. Evidence? I recall one video he released where he was bragging about his engineering background while describing the falling of the towers. You’ve always used the Bush 21 pecenters figure to ridicule them because of the small number but I’m afraid you’re on the short side of this stick this time……..though I’m more apt to agree with you that’s he’s likely dead now
  20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Wait... did you just point to a "video" "he" "released" as your evidence?

Suddenly, you understand Arabic and can rationalize how the man looked 20 years younger in a grainy stretched video where his lips do NOT match his speech pattern?

I rest my case. The Federal Bureau of Investigation admits they have zero evidence, but you guys "know better." :rolleyes:

By the way, it's 28 percenters, referring to Boy King's median poll numbers in his second disaster term. And it's the only factual thing I'm allowed to call people in favor of pre-emption before diplomacy without them acting indignant and complaining to moderators. Your "group" has left nothing else to call you all.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009