PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you want back Crennel back next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think RAC or Charlie would turn turtle like the Pats 4th quarter schemes have consistantly done when leading late.
Very passive and lacking any form of imagination.

With all due respect.....BB needs help during the game and these stiffs are not it.

RAC and Charlie would do whatever Bill told them to, they always did. Which is probably why neither experienced much success absent him or amounted to HC material elsewhere. Might they have been more influential in swaying the way Bill chose to approach situations? Maybe. But people here have in hindsight romanticized that into more than it ever was. Neither got job offers until the third championship in part because it was assumed, correctly, that Bill was the true genius and they were just running his system. Neither was able to convert even that to success at the next level.

Bill brought in veteran coaching help in Dom Capers and the fans expected that would alter everything on defense. Didn't alter anything... they play prevent because Bill believes that's the percentage play. Maybe it is league wide, but it hasn't worked here in a while. Once upon a time we could bend without breaking. Can't seem to muster that capacity of late... Seems to be a lack of playmakers, but that is Bill's pervue, too.

RAC and Charlie would do whatever Bill told them to, they always did. Which is probably why neither experienced much success absent him or amounted to HC material elsewhere. Might they have been more influential in swaying the way Bill chose to approach situations? Maybe. But people here have in hindsight romanticized that into more than it ever was. Neither got job offers until the third championship in part because it was assumed, correctly, that Bill was the true genius and they were just running his system. Neither was able to convert even that to success at the next level.

Bill brought in veteran coaching help in Dom Capers and the fans expected that would alter everything on defense. Didn't alter anything... they play prevent because Bill believes that's the percentage play. Maybe it is league wide, but it hasn't worked here in a while. Once upon a time we could bend without breaking. Can't seem to muster that capacity of late... Seems to be a lack of playmakers, but that is Bill's pervue, too.

Well then
BB is dead wrong playing prevent defense as early and as often as he has chosen to do. Not just in this game but other losses this year as well.
If he is calling the formations on every offensive and defensive play then that man is oversubscribed and it shows.

Perhaps BB needs to adjust to the changing times.
Blasphemy I know but as constituted right now....
That dog won't hunt
IMHO

How bout giving Bruschi a shot at defensive coordinator? I think the Pats need a guy who can get in BB's face and challenge him, yet control him. Bruschi was one of those guys that did that in film room and locker room. Plus he's one of the few people in this sporting world who doesn't care about money so much.

Sorry, but Pees sucks.

The fact that BB has ZERO confidence in our defense also implies that Pees has got to go.

I'd like to see Crennel here this week.

How bout giving Bruschi a shot at defensive coordinator? I think the Pats need a guy who can get in BB's face and challenge him, yet control him. Bruschi was one of those guys that did that in film room and locker room. Plus he's one of the few people in this sporting world who doesn't care about money so much.
You want to make a guy who has never coached a single down in his life a coordinator?

Sorry, but Pees sucks.

The fact that BB has ZERO confidence in our defense also implies that Pees has got to go.

I'd like to see Crennel here this week.

I believe you said what we all think!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure about RAC coming back. It had a lot to do with personnel and the way the league was designed at the time. There has been a much higher demand for fast as hell pass rushers since we and the colts started shredding people with the pass. BB is taking time to adjust.

I just hope the "we win because BB says so" mentality starts to dwindle within the fan base. He's a great coach. He cannot make Pierre Woods and TBC turn them into Mario Williams and Lamar Woodley because he's smarter than most other coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back