PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade up to the 6 spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a top heavy draft so there really isn't any point in moving up that high. If a player they really like falls to the 10-16 area then i could see using a 2nd or 3rd to go get them but right now moving up that high wouyld ruin their ability to move around later and wouldn't make sense from a talent standpoint. For a team that played this well the Patriots have some real needs at DL, OL, WR, and LB and they need another really good draft to solidify themselves going forward. I like many of the players they already have at these positions but they could still upgrade and try to bring in more dominant players. Right now interior OL and a pass rusher are their greatest needs but they still need more at WR and another dominant DL imo.

Give up 17 and 28 to a team and move to 6

Would you do it?....is it time this team makes a change and takes a top pass rusher or OL?

last time we picked up high at 10,it worked out well for us (mayo)

With Brady's career getting closer to ending year after year and playoff losses mounting,is it time to find the next Joe Thomas?

I am sick and tired of moving down and trading low although last years moves worked out well so far,it's not always the best way as we saw years ago.

I say give up a pick to move up instead of gaining a late pick to move down....before Brady gets too long in the tooth.

No. There is only one player in this draft worth trading Pats 2 first round picks = Da'Quan Bowers.

If the Pats trade up it will not be far. I could see possibly trading up a few spots from 17 to grab someone that has fallen or that they really like.

However, [you will hate this] I think it more likely they trade out of the first round all together. After top 10-12 players next 30+ are all about the same.

Pats don't need to draft 10-12 players this year since there may be a lockout or at least off-season programs would be lost and it would be lost season for rookies. 5-6 picks should be good though.

No. There is only one player in this draft worth trading Pats 2 first round picks = Da'Quan Bowers.

If the Pats trade up it will not be far. I could see possibly trading up a few spots from 17 to grab someone that has fallen or that they really like.

However, [you will hate this] I think it more likely they trade out of the first round all together. After top 10-12 players next 30+ are all about the same.

Pats don't need to draft 10-12 players this year since there may be a lockout or at least off-season programs would be lost and it would be lost season for rookies. 5-6 picks should be good though.

Pretty much how I see it as well, the questions will be who drops and who do they really like, if both happen to coincide i can see them moving up a few spots to take that player, otherwise moving down in the first and back up in the second and third is more likely. The other thing to keep in mind is the value of that 1st pick in the second round, which is greatly enhanced by the new draft structure. There is a really good chance imo that they trade it for a first in the following draft and hope that pick ends up in the first 15.

Trading up 11 spots in the first round into the top six is very expensive. This year, we have a large number of juniors coming out. The better strategy is to let the draft come to you. In 2004, who could have imagined Wilfork falling to the Pats in the twenties. I would let the desperation and need of others on QBs and such, let other talents drop to us. There will be someone good on the DL, OLB, OL of high quality available at # 17 & # 28 and 33.

Give up 17 and 28 to a team and move to 6

Would you do it?....is it time this team makes a change and takes a top pass rusher or OL?

last time we picked up high at 10,it worked out well for us (mayo)

With Brady's career getting closer to ending year after year and playoff losses mounting,is it time to find the next Joe Thomas?

I am sick and tired of moving down and trading low although last years moves worked out well so far,it's not always the best way as we saw years ago.

I say give up a pick to move up instead of gaining a late pick to move down....before Brady gets too long in the tooth.

No. The value is just not there. Why get 1 very good player who might bust when you can get 2 good-very good players who have a better chance that at least one of them will work out?

Ehhh, I'd much rather just keep the 2 1st rounders. I'd rather get 2 really good players instead of just 1 good player.

Vince Wilfork was the 21st overall pick. Clay Matthews was the 26th overall. There's great players all over the 1st round, 2nd round, and on and on... Go look at the 2008 NFL draft. Or 2009. Or any other draft ever. Great players fall down the board in every single draft. It's just a matter of picking em.

Come away with JJ Watt and Ryan Kerrigan after day 1 and I'll be a happy camper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey