PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade up for Suh?

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I know I am dreaming but could we do it if we wanted.

Trade this years # 1 and a #2, next years Raiders # 1 and Vince. Is that enough in value and take Suh.

Rams get a all-pro, two #1's, and a #2.

It will never happen but would you do it?

Trade this years # 1 and a #2, next years Raiders # 1 and Vince. Is that enough in value and take Suh.

Why in god's name would the Patriots do that? Is Suh going to mow my lawn too?

NEVER! Thats giving up way too much for an unproven player who would still need to be paid probably MORE than re-signing Big Vince. I like the idea of trading up, but more to an area like 10-12 where it would cost much less in salary and draft picks and you may be able to snag up a player like McClain. If the new cba fixes the major draft pick salary issues, that #1 pick from the Raiders could be like GOLD.

From what I read Suh is the most dominating defensive player to come around in years. I guess not from what you are telling me.

From what I read Suh is the most dominating defensive player to come around in years. I guess not from what you are telling me.

unproven in NFL. I would still re-sign vince though, so we don't need him. I would trade up to draft C.J. Spiller. We would never have to give up that much though.

Thats the thing, you NEVER know. He could be amazing or he could suck. Its not worth the chance. We all already know how good vince is. Whatever we do, the future of our franchise WOULD be good if we can get these picks we have to pan out.

unproven in NFL. I would still re-sign vince though, so we don't need him. I would trade up to draft C.J. Spiller. We would never have to give up that much though.

I hope we sign Vince as well. Just tossing this out there.
He has said he doesn't want to be franchised after todays game. He deserves better and we don't need a unhappy player on the team next year imo.

I hope we sign Vince as well. Just tossing this out there.
He has said he doesn't want to be franchised after todays game. He deserves better and we don't need a unhappy player on the team next year imo.

Sorry but the New England Patriots need to do whats best for the New England Patriots, not Vince Wilfork. And if hes not going to sign long term, the best thing would be to franchise him and get as much back as possible if he signs with another team.

It would take our top four picks to trade up for Suh, so no I wouldn't. I might consider trading 2 of our top picks to trade up for McLain or Cody.

Kenneth Sims also was the best DL propsect EVAH. I love Suh but no way on this.

Tony - you be 'effing' crazy dude!

As much as I want Suh on this team, even I wouldn't trade up for him. Is he a difference maker? I think he will be, but if the scouts do their job, the Pats should have a playmaker every time they make a pick. I'm all about the best player being picked at the spot the Pats pick.

I'm hoping Terrance Cody drops. I know the Pats have Ron Brace, but Cody could really pug the middle with his size along. I'm also growing to like Jared Odrick of Penn State. His technique seems sold and seems to be coached in the errors that have been a problem for him... like his tendency to over pursue in the pass rush. And lock my vote in for Greg Hardy... he has some intensity bottled up inside of him that makes him a high motor, hard nosed player.

Trading everything for a 3-4 lineman is not a good idea, ever. For him to be worth it he'd have to get to the QB like Warren Sapp, and thats just impossible.

Why not just offer the Rams our entire 53 man roster plus this year's and next year's draft choices?

What are you smoking? That's absurd.

Hell No. That's a ridiculous trade..

That's pretty much like pulling a Ditka and trading away a whole draft for 1 player.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back