PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade Maroney for Marshawn Lynch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Maroney won't be a Pat in 2011... because someone who can better utilize his talent will pay more for him than we're willing to. Because he's a good football player. Dunno how that proves anything about the topic at hand.

Oh I was thinking he was saying 2010. I still wouldn't rule out the possibility of him being here in 2011 but I do agree that he will be much sought after.

Oh I was thinking he was saying 2010. I still wouldn't rule out the possibility of him being here in 2011 but I do agree that he will be much sought after.

Yeah, I thought so too. I'll definitely take the bet for 2010, not for 2011 though.

Of course Maroney won't be a Pat in 2011... because someone who can better utilize his talent will pay more for him than we're willing to. Because he's a good football player. Dunno how that proves anything about the topic at hand.

Just not the Patriots, because the Patriots do not need a good RB for the future. Nope. The guy is so talented that NE doesnt want him.

Makes perfect sense.

BTW, THIS season - 2010/ NEXT season - 2011

He said 2+ you just named 2 in both seasons. The 2 right now are Maroney and Faulk. Belichick wants more than 2 but two is the very minimum.
Do you not understand that our system now is RB by committee, thats why Belichick wants 4 quality backs.

So they decided to fix the problem while he had a year left? Knowledgeable fans would know that a team will fix that problem if/when it arises.

You say he showed a lot of promise in 2008, he played good in 2 games.
His stats were as follows Att. 74 Yds. 275 YPG. 3.7 TD 0
Those are jag numbers plain and simple. And those numbers are padded by his 5 ypg average in the 41-7 demolition of a pathetic Denver defense in a game where Sammy Morris looked like Chris Johnson running 16 times for 138 yards and a touchdown.
And get this, you say he was better in 2008 but his stats say he was better in 2009.

Just to clarify I like the guy but he is nothing more than decent for depth at the position.

Show me proof that he was benched when healthy.
On his fumbles can you name for me good the RBs who don't ever fumble the ball?
Can you name for me 10 starting backs in the league right now who have less fumbles to carries than Laurence Maroney.

How much do you want to put on this? I'm willing to bet on that but the money would have to escrowed.

Please stop owning me over there? Its too much.

Seroiusly, I dont have time to go through this right now.

Did someone say Maroney will be much sought after in 2011? :rofl: :rofl:

Thats ridiculously ******ed,IF someone decides to throw him in a roster spot next season he will be some other teams BJGE,hanging on for dear life.

A starting labeled RB who is often injured and had the worst YPC of the geritol pack at RB last season with 3.9?

...yeah he will be sought after,31 of the other teams will be lining up in 2011 to get this stud of a back.....puhlease :rolleyes:

I really can't wait for new RB blood in this draft

Last edited:
I would take Lynch over Maroney is split second, but I think the real question is would the Bills TAKE Maroney for Lynch?

Just not the Patriots, because the Patriots do not need a good RB for the future. Nope. The guy is so talented that NE doesnt want him.

Makes perfect sense.

BTW, THIS season - 2010/ NEXT season - 2011

You are the sort of fan who would see it strictly as talented/not talented, with no understanding of different requirements in different systems. Doesn't surprise me that that flies completely over your head.

By your bulletproof logic, I guess Law, Asante, Givens, and Patten were all failures too.

Did someone say Maroney will be much sought after in 2011? :rofl: :rofl:

Thats ridiculously ******ed,IF someone decides to throw him in a roster spot next season he will be some other teams BJGE,hanging on for dear life.

A starting labeled RB who is often injured and had the worst YPC of the geritol pack at RB last season with 3.9?

...yeah he will be sought after,31 of the other teams will be lining up in 2011 to get this stud of a back.....puhlease :rolleyes:

I really can't wait for new RB blood in this draft

Pretty sure you were saying the same thing about Watson last year, and he's making $4M per year as someone else's starter now. It's pretty clear at this point that you have no understanding of how any of this works. Maroney isn't exactly what the Pats want him to be, and would find much more success in a role that put him in open space with greater frequency and/or allowed him more time to get into a rhythm. If I had to start taking bets right now, I'd put the best odds on the Redskins signing him for low-level starter money. You, predictably, will freak out over it.

Last edited:
Pretty sure you were saying the same thing about Watson last year, and he's making $4M per year as someone else's starter now. It's pretty clear at this point that you have no understanding of how any of this works.

I know how it works....If Maroney is getting 4 Million next season then he is a member of Crazy Al's Raiders - No one else is paying Maroney 4 Million and certainly no one is signing Maroney as a starter...thats just pure stupidity,
of course this can all change if Maroney has a breakout year,but we have been saying that since 2006,better off buying a pick six lottery ticket.

Teams take chances on a TE to work in thier system,look at David Thomas who played well at times for the Saints who used him in passing more.

Watson has a chance to make it with a team who will utilize him more in pass catching .. different scenerio

Taking a chance on Maroney as a starter with something even near 4 Million is like playing russian roulette with six bullets,I guess you think they will not retain Parker or Portis and grab Maroney...Snyder is a spending freak but hes not ******ed.

Last edited:
Ben Watson got lucky there was no competition in the FA market.

KFFL - 2011 NFL Free Agents

1. Steven Jackson
2. DeAngelo Williams
3. Cedric Benson
4. Joseph Addai
5. Michael Bush
6. Laurence Maroney

:D

Really?

Stop being pedantic, that was an obvious rhetorical statement.

Aside from your personal opinion, can you back up your claim that Addai would be more a desirable FA pickup than Maroney?

Aside from your personal opinion, can you back up your claim that Addai would be more a desirable FA pickup than Maroney?

Because he's younger and has ~300 fewer carries under his belt. He's in a system that should be one of the most run-friendly in the NFL, but has been pretty pedestrian the past two seasons.

He's put up better receiving numbers than Maroney, but we've seen how good Maroney is in the open field. It's all a matter of how teams plan on using him.

Last edited:
Because he's younger and has ~300 fewer carries under his belt. He's in a system that should be one of the most run-friendly in the NFL, but has been pretty pedestrian the past two seasons.

He's put up better receiving numbers than Maroney, but we've seen how good Maroney is in the open field. It's all a matter of how teams plan on using him.

While I agree that Maroney is underutilized here and can be a more effective player if utilized properly, I can't certify;) your guarantee that more teams would be interested in Maroney.

Besides, I was just busting your chops....

While I agree that Maroney is underutilized here and can be a more effective player if utilized properly, I can't certify;) your guarantee that more teams would be interested in Maroney.

Besides, I was just busting your chops....

It's okay, it's largely my opinion, anyway.

:)

The point is, Addai and Maroney will probably get small deals, to be a Kevin Faulk type back.

RB is the shortest lifespan in the NFL. One of the best young backs I've ever seen (Adrian Peterson) could ALREADY be breaking down because of the carries, and he's what,25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back