PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade for Titans Bullock??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Now that the preseason is almost finished and it is painfully obvious to even the most die hard Titans fan that the Titans are going no where this season, wouldn't it make a ton of sense for the Titans to unload a guy like Bulllock for some draft choices so they can continue to rebuild????????

Should the Patriots pursue this option?????? If so what should they be prepared to give up for him????

Bullock is the heart and soul of Titans football right now with McNair gone..theyd be asking for a very high price and he doesnt really have experience in a 3-4 so i wouldnt risk it and im sure Titans wouldnt wanna unload him

It wont happen so forget about it...............The Patriots have yet to trade for a high profile player since Belichick has been in charge. Colvin came in Free Agency and Corey Dillon's circumstances were a lot different as well. He bascially was on the market for cheap. The Patriots tend to go for the bargain priced guys who play "smart" football and don't really need to be "highly" athletic so I'd say no to any high profile LB thats out there now.

I recall there was talk of Bullock being waived this offseason, but the team decided to release McNair instead. Give you any idea how important Bullock is to the team?

Just because we would do it doesn't mean th Pats would. In the unlikely event that they trade for him, good. He's a good player. If they don't, that's ok too, because it means they are happy with the current inebackers on the roster. I haven't heard any talk that he's on the trade block, so I don't think a trade with anyone will happen. And as others have said, the Pats dn't like to trade for high profile players.

Last edited:
Ochmed Jones said:
Now that the preseason is almost finished and it is painfully obvious to even the most die hard Titans fan that the Titans are going no where this season, wouldn't it make a ton of sense for the Titans to unload a guy like Bulllock for some draft choices so they can continue to rebuild????????

Should the Patriots pursue this option?????? If so what should they be prepared to give up for him????

In a f'ing heartbeat. Best LB in the NFL, IMO. However, they've let go of Kearse and now McNair so they could keep him, so I doubt it's even a consideration.

Last edited:
MrTibbs said:
It wont happen so forget about it...............The Patriots have yet to trade for a high profile player since Belichick has been in charge. Colvin came in Free Agency and Corey Dillon's circumstances were a lot different as well. He bascially was on the market for cheap. The Patriots tend to go for the bargain priced guys who play "smart" football and don't really need to be "highly" athletic so I'd say no to any high profile LB thats out there now.

Dillon cost us a second round pick and an extension the next year. That's not bargain priced by any stretch.

Yes, I would take Bullock for the #32 pick in round one of next year's draft. I'm sure he would do just fine starting ahead of Banta-Cain at OLB in a 3-4.

upstater1 said:
Yes, I would take Bullock for the #32 pick in round one of next year's draft. I'm sure he would do just fine starting ahead of Banta-Cain at OLB in a 3-4.

Isn't he an ILB?

I live in Nashville. He is the best player on the team. There has been no indication that he is on the trade block, and I don't remember any talk of him being waived either. It's not a possibility. The Titans fans would scream bloody murder if the team traded Bullock away.

But if the Pats were interested in him and there was any chance of making this trade, they should do it without hesitation. And while they are at it, they should trade for Chad Johnson, Shawn Merriman, and Champ Bailey.

Last edited:
Lol and Urlacher and Ray Lewis just to be on the safe side. :p Can we post with some kind of basis of fact here? Random speculation doesn't really bring anything to the table.

A 3rd rounder for Larry Fitzgerald. We'll throw in Beisel.

patsox23 said:
A 3rd rounder for Larry Fitzgerald. We'll throw in Beisel.

I would offer a sixth that conditionally could become as high as a third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back