PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade for another Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamFirst

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Quinn that is. The Bowns won't trade him, but if they did and knowing that Quinn has spent time with Charlie Weiss would he fit our system?

Would you trade for him if he was available?

No link just hypothetical.

No. He doesn't know our offense. He knows some concepts but that's about it. Not to mention, I'm not sure how good he is.

Quinn that is. The Bowns won't trade him, but if they did and knowing that Quinn has spent time with Charlie Weiss would he fit our system?

Would you trade for him if he was available?

No link just hypothetical.

They'd probably want a first rounder, so no. Plus, he's got just as much starting experience in the NFL as Matt Cassel, and has been in the league fewer years, and does not know the Patriots' system. It's not arguable that he's more talented than Cassel, but would he give the Patriots a better chance to win in '08? I think not.

Not for a first rounder. And he probably wouldn't help us this year anyways, so no. Quinn might have good upside for the future, but I'd rather see what KO can do. Also, Derek Anderson didn't look so hot in the opener, so the Browns might want to hold onto their insurance policy.

I threw this idea out there yesterday.....

I added in my thread that I have faith in Cassell and I think he should be the choice. But that I think this would be worth consideration, He has familarity and that is a start even if our system has changed a lot since Charlie was here the wording would be the same and that is key becuase I imagine most guys know the basics of the plays and stuff but learning the language that goes with it can be tough and that would be a huge head start for Quinn.

As far as the pick I think the Browns would be interested in a trade as the longer they wait the less likely they are to get value back and they have their guy in DA they will get something but right now maybe they could get a 1 from us a year or 2 it may be a 2 or worse from someone else. We wouldn't lose to much as we could trade him in the offseason for something and whatever the difference is would be worth it IMO.

Potential problem the Browns may want more knowing the pinch we are in and there is no guarantee he can do it with us in such a short time.

As I said I have faith in Cassell and I think he has earned his chance to sink or swim but I wouldn't mind Quinn as option 2.

Also I doubt it ever happens

Not for a first rounder. And he probably wouldn't help us this year anyways, so no. Quinn might have good upside for the future, but I'd rather see what KO can do. Also, Derek Anderson didn't look so hot in the opener, so the Browns might want to hold onto their insurance policy.

I am one of those that hope and pray I am wrong about Cassel. I want to cheer for him and hope he succeeds, but this is not the Tom Brady type of guy with the confidence and a swagger from day one when Tom met Kraft. Cassel reminds me more of a Tony Eason clone.

I just don't get it why everyone thinks he will be able to step up his game. I hope I am wrong. Let"s just plug anyone in there and see if he can be close to TB? You have to have some talent. I have not seen any yet.

Yes, the street pickings are awful. But how about this guy, Jake Plummer. He used to kill us. What's he like 33 years old? He had a decent arm and is not beat up right now with a couple years off. He was smart, could move well and I believe he won a few playoff games. We would have to give the Bucs something, but not a Brady Quinn type payment.
DW Toys

No for 2 reasons. The first is that Brady Quinn is guaranteed a ton of money and the second is the fact that our Brady will be back next year (if anybody is motivated to recover it's TB).

Plummer is a snake

I am one of those that hope and pray I am wrong about Cassel. I want to cheer for him and hope he succeeds, but this is not the Tom Brady type of guy with the confidence and a swagger from day one when Tom met Kraft. Cassel reminds me more of a Tony Eason clone.

I just don't get it why everyone thinks he will be able to step up his game. I hope I am wrong. Let"s just plug anyone in there and see if he can be close to TB? You have to have some talent. I have not seen any yet.

Yes, the street pickings are awful. But how about this guy, Jake Plummer. He used to kill us. What's he like 33 years old? He had a decent arm and is not beat up right now with a couple years off. He was smart, could move well and I believe he won a few playoff games. We would have to give the Bucs something, but not a Brady Quinn type payment.
DW Toys

What don't you get about Jake was a management headache who simply wasn't worth the effort in Shanny's estimation. And he didn't want to play for Gruden because he's an offensive control freak who doesn't tolerate freelancers. He calls the play, you damn well better execute it. Much like Drew and all the other gunslingers, sometimes when their career is on the on the line they can do what they are told for brief periods, but then they revert to form. Those guys can't run this offense. Let alone off a two year stint on the couch.

And for the record, you don't know Cassel from Adam. You have no idea what he's like off the field and in practice. And you don't get recruited by Pette Carroll to play at USC and hang around there or here unless you have some talent.

Last edited:
What don't you get about Jake was a management headache who simply wasn't worth the effort in Shanny's estimation. And he didn't want to play for Gruden because he's an offensive control freak who doesn't tolerate freelancers. He calls the play, you damn well better execute it. Much like Drew and all the other gunslingers, sometimes when their career is on the on the line they can do what they are told for brief periods, but then they revert to form. Those guys can't run this offense. Let alone off a two year stint on the couch.

And for the record, you don't know Cassel from Adam. You have no idea what he's like off the field and in practice. And you don't get recruited by Pette Carroll to play at USC and hang around there or here unless you have some talent.
I thank you for your opinion and don't see Lienhart for all the hype, setting the world on fire, whom Cassel played behind. Remember, BB was wrong about Jackson. Not every USC kid makes it. Also, I can see Cassel on the field just like you. His eyes look like one of those "Felix The Cat" clocks only bigger, when he sees snarling and saliva from the enemy.
Mr.MoLewis dude cousin, I hope I am wrong I said.
Still prefer Jake to anything out there now as I suggested. Maybe two years on the couch did him good. There are people asking for Drew here too.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back