PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade Bruschi for Zach Thomas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomdomb

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I had this argument with a few buddies of mine that are dolphag fans. Make no mistake about it, Zach has staggering stats. He is relentless and is a fierce tackler. Bruschi's stats are good but are pedestrian compared to Zach. Yet, I would still not make that trade. Bruschi is perfect in the 3-4 and has the size to take on lineman and still make tackles. Zach has almost always been in the 4-3 defense which means that he didn't run into as many lineman in his role in the defense. Bruschi captained 3 super bowl winning defenses and did what he had to. I think both are a product of the system they work in. I just don't think that Zach would be as good in our system as Bruschi has been. Anyone else have any comments?

Simply put: No, I wouldn't.

would I trade? no. Do I have the upmost respect for both players yes.

Agreed, both are great players, but Tedy is the #54 I want on the patriots.

Having said that, I'd probably take Zach Thomas lining up to Bruschi as the run stuffing ILB on first and second in a heartbeat. He'd have to wear a different # though.

Only if they throw in Jason Taylor and Channing Crowder.

:;):

Bruschi's value in the Patriots locker room as well as Zach's in the Dolphin's locker room are near impossible to replace...even a desperate team would be dumb to trade either player.

One word no end of discussion.

Bruschi's value in the Patriots locker room as well as Zach's in the Dolphin's locker room are near impossible to replace...even a desperate team would be dumb to trade either player.

Not to worry. Ain't going to happen.

Who started this thread, anyway??

No. While Zach Thomas is a fantastic football player that I would love to have on my team any day, Bruschi thorugh the years has come up with one clutch play after another. It all started in the 2001 season when Bruschi became one of the leaders on defense and he hasn't looked back since. Zach Thomas may wow you with his stats of leading the league in tackles almost every year, yet you never hear of him changing the game like Bruschi constantly does. Bruschi was great at intercepting passes over the middle of the field and run them back for td's. Although Bruschi isn't getting any faster, he is still a great player.

No. Bruschi is proven in this system even though he has arguably lost a step in the past few years. Zach is a great player though.

Negative....................No

Put down the crack pipe son. NO DEAL!

Are you FREAKEN NUTS!!!!!!!:snob:

Zach Thomas is a great, great player I have tremendous respect and admiration for. But Bruschi is the definition of the Patriots, he is what any other player is compared to, as a teammate and as a human being. Bruschi IS the Patriots, so my answer is definitely no. I would not trade him for any other player in the league.

As a pats fan, I would not trade bruschi for thomas. If I was a dolphins fan, I wouldnt trade thomas for bruschi. I'd say each player is very close in terms of talent, but mean a whole lot to their respective teams.

I know we're a business minded team, but we'd be crossing a rather thick line by trading/releasing/whatever Bruschi. I think I'd personally send a 'go to hell' letter to the organization if that ever happened. We owe Tedi a lot, which goes far deeper than stats.

Hi Homers!

Kind of a stupid question. Phins wouldn't trade him.

But if your point is about who is better? Zach Thomas by a MILE. Bruschi is all but done. Either that or his injured wrist is affecting him.

Get real, kool-aid drinkers. Some of you probably wouldn't trade Hill for Jason Taylor either. Damn homers.

Hi Homers!

Kind of a stupid question. Phins wouldn't trade him.

But if your point is about who is better? Zach Thomas by a MILE. Bruschi is all but done. Either that or his injured wrist is affecting him.

Get real, kool-aid drinkers. Some of you probably wouldn't trade Hill for Jason Taylor either. Damn homers.

Not sure how you measure a mile better than Bruschi... but disagree, while Thomas may be a better player statistically, Bruschi is a better player for this team. His play is a signature of this team, he leaves it all on the field and when he slows down enough he will walk away. Bruschi is intelligent, a playmaker and is a field general out there directing some of the less experienced players.

I like both players, their skills and passion for the game, but for this team give me Bruschi any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes