PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade Adalius Thomas for Quentin Groves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor is the Jags are going to cut Groves. They made the mistake of drafting a guy that was clearly a 3-4 OLB and trying to play him at 4-3DE. I still really wish we had drafted Groves instead of Crable, we certainly had the ability to go up and get him.

So yes, I would trade Adalius Thomas for Groves - but if Groves is flat-out released, then I hope we look into him.

:bricks: Jags' Tebucky Jones

I would trade Adalius Thomas for a bag of oranges.

I would trade Adalius Thomas for the chance to flip him off while he was packing up his **** to move to Jax.

How much is Groves making?

No one wants Thomas. The only trade partner we will find is another team with a player who is overpaid and does not fit into their system. The key is finding a player who has tanked in someone else's system but may be better on our team. We won't find anyone who will give us draft picks for a liability; it needs to be a liability for a liability. They still might not want him; in addition to his diminishing skills is his obvious attitude problem in a locker room that is well-known for not having these problems.

The best strategy with Thomas is to keep until after the draft, and possibly into training camp. That's when a team will get an injury or two and start to get desperate.

Last edited:
Id trade him for a stick of gum at this point.

I'd laugh my a&^ off if we traded him for a punter. Talk about humiliation on the way out the door. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey