PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade a first rounder for Deion Branch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Football Outsiders has Caldwell's performance ranked ahead of Twig's.

Per play they have Caldwell ranked 4.3% over the average WR and Twig 3.3% below the average WR.

Catch% (% of balls thrown to him that were caught, not the same as 1-drop%), Caldwell is at 60%, Twig at 53%.

Seattle's best ? Hackett who is 29.3% better than the average WR and who has a Catch % of 67%. Then Jackson at 8.7% and 56% respectively.

Ha ha ha.

Please not another stupid stats review. Stats don't catch a pass...

I wonder if Brady would like to have him back. I think that the answer is yes.

Huh?

They took Maroney because they wanted him and felt he was the best player left at the point of our pick. Just like when they chose all those other first rounders like Seymour, Wilfork, Watson etc. They felt they were the best players left that they wanted or needed. Believe me, in say...the 2005 draft, if we actually needed a running back(not knowing about Dillon's upcoming mediocore season) and there was a really good one left at #32, we would have taken him, just like how we took Maroney this year.

I mean cmon, were you expecting Belichick to take a TE in the first round or something? It was fairly obvious that some of the holes we needed to fill in were RBs, CBs and WRs(I wont say LBs because Belichick got Seau and look how much he helped). Getting a WR in the first round isnt a great idea especially when you need a running back, a much more important position.

I thought BB would take a LB or DE last spring. I'm thrilled he took Maroney, but I was surprised when he did. I liked the Jackson pick at the time, but I think he'll prove to be a bust when its all said and done.

Please not another stupid stats review. Stats don't catch a pass...

I wonder if Brady would like to have him back. I think that the answer is yes.

Stats don't drop passes, either, which is something that Branch has apparently become quite familiar with this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes