PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade a first rounder for Deion Branch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually the best argument so far for making the (a) trade back. We can't seem to find/draft/create WR talent. Givens and Branch are the two that come to mind as the lone exceptions. Troy Brown was already here. That bald white guy that went to Iowa State that was on our team last year wasn't too bad but he was down on the depth chart. Since I can't even remember his name, tells you how pathetic our WRs have been. We've had a long list of disappointments. A horribly long list. We just don't have whatever it is we need to evaluate WRs for this system. Mason would have been a great pickup if that signing would have happened. It worked out perfectly for Mason though. Good for Mason. Bad for us.

I wouldn't trade Seattle for a number one for Deion, though. It would have to be a lower pick. Maybe a two and a lower round swap. Maybe. It's not gonna happen though. His contract, Seattle admitting they messed up, and the bad blood prevent this from being anything more than a mildly amusing thread. I can't think of a situation that has ever occurred like this. The closest thing I can think of is the Coles/Moss trade in Washington/NYJ.

I'd take Deion back, but not for a first rounder since he wasn't worth the one Seattle gave us in the first place.

Seriously, do you wear a helmet on a daily basis to prevent self inflicted injury? You are so laughable it makes the ribs hurt. So basically a team that was in the Super Bowl last year sold its soul to get Deion Branch figuring he'd help, when, in three years? Give me a break. I'd like to see what "facts" you have to prove otherwise.

ps- having no "chemistry" with his QC is a "fact"? Does this mean they have trouble adding chlorine to hydrogen in the locker room or something? Please let me know what other "facts" you can come up with.

I love playing with slow folks such as yourself.

Why can't you discuss football? Do you just not have the ability? You are not worth anyones time on this board. you are just a cancer who belongs in the NEMClown forum. I am done with your trash.

I'd take Deion back, but not for a first rounder since he wasn't worth the one Seattle gave us in the first place.

Again, if you are basing that assessment on this season you fail to account for two things - the QB situation in Seattle due to Hasselback's injury and Belichicks belief that what you do for another team is immaterial, it's what you could do in this system that matters.

And while Walker was had for a 2nd round pick, he was coming off a devastating knee injury that cost him all of 2005 and that most experts believed would limit him at least in the first half of this season. And he was being traded in April prior to the 2006 draft. He would certainly command more prior to the 2007 draft given the way he and his knee responded. Not to mention if you traded for him now the cap cost would be substantially more than Branch (roughly $7M per or $2M more) - his new deal with Denver doesn't commence until 2007 with $15M in option bonuses due in 2007-2008 on a 6 year $40M+ contract - which would all be the responsibility of the receiving team.

Again, if you are basing that assessment on this season you fail to account for two things - the QB situation in Seattle due to Hasselback's injury and Belichicks belief that what you do for another team is immaterial, it's what you could do in this system that matters.

And while Walker was had for a 2nd round pick, he was coming off a devastating knee injury that cost him all of 2005 and that most experts believed would limit him at least in the first half of this season. And he was being traded in April prior to the 2006 draft. He would certainly command more prior to the 2007 draft given the way he and his knee responded. Not to mention if you traded for him now the cap cost would be substantially more than Branch (roughly $7M per or $2M more) - his new deal with Denver doesn't commence until 2007 with $15M in option bonuses due in 2007-2008 on a 6 year $40M+ contract - which would all be the responsibility of the receiving team.

Exactly Mo. I posted both these facts above, but its just not worth wasting time on explaining any further by drawing cartoons.

Why can't you discuss football? Do you just not have the ability? You are not worth anyones time on this board. you are just a cancer who belongs in the NEMClown forum. I am done with your trash.

So is a player's "chemistry" a fact or not? Just following up on your point above regarding facts. Feel free to answer at your convenience.

I can't imagine Belichick giving up a first round draft pick for any wide receiver, to be honest. I'm still surprised he took Maroney with the first this year.

So is a player's "chemistry" a fact or not? Just following up on your point above regarding facts. Feel free to answer at your convenience.

No thanks trash.

No thanks trash

Not talking, huh? Thats too bad. I was really looking forward to you offering factual proof of "chemistry" as you stated above. See, if you're going to ask me to prove facts, I expect you to do the same. I guess I win (as usual).

I can't imagine Belichick giving up a first round draft pick for any wide receiver, to be honest. I'm still surprised he took Maroney with the first this year.

You don't imagine very hard or you undervalue BB's imagination.

Not talking, huh? Thats too bad. I was really looking forward to you offering factual proof of "chemistry" as you stated above. See, if you're going to ask me to prove facts, I expect you to do the same. I guess I win (as usual).

No thanks trash.

You don't imagine very hard or you undervalue BB's imagination.

Good point. He strikes me as a guy who would rather die than grab a WR with a first or trade a first for one. Almost Tuna-like in that regard (Terry Glenn redux).

Sounds kind of like Jeremiah Trotter who left Philly for the big money with the skins to only fall on his face and go back to the Eagles where he's been great in their system.

No way. I never want Branch back ever again. Last summer was almost hell on these forums with the way everyone was going nuts and saying Belichick was making the wrong move, we're doomed and all that crap. Its priceless when our leading reciever(who mind you, isnt and never will be a world beater) is 7 receptions up on Branch, and the fact that Reche is about 5 million dollars cheaper than Branch.

And I assume most of you have seen the Branch snippet from Reiss's blog about Deion dropping four passes in Seattles last game. Heres Branch's quote...

"I feel I let everybody down. My teammates. Friends. Family," Branch said. "I never want to have that feeling again."

Ha! Let's all point and laugh at Deion, than laugh harder at the Seahawks. :rocker:

Huh?

They took Maroney because they wanted him and felt he was the best player left at the point of our pick. Just like when they chose all those other first rounders like Seymour, Wilfork, Watson etc. They felt they were the best players left that they wanted or needed. Believe me, in say...the 2005 draft, if we actually needed a running back(not knowing about Dillon's upcoming mediocore season) and there was a really good one left at #32, we would have taken him, just like how we took Maroney this year.

I mean cmon, were you expecting Belichick to take a TE in the first round or something? It was fairly obvious that some of the holes we needed to fill in were RBs, CBs and WRs(I wont say LBs because Belichick got Seau and look how much he helped). Getting a WR in the first round isnt a great idea especially when you need a running back, a much more important position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes