PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade #22 for Miles Austin or Vincent Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a passing league with rules designed by Bill Polian to help passing teams. I would absolutely investigate a contract for Vincent Jackson provided it was a 4-5 year deal. I'd investigate a contract for Lance Moore provided it was a 3 year contract.

The Patriots are now a passing team. The Patriots have been a passing team for a while. If Tom Brady is our greatest asset, you don't put mud around him. You put quality around him.

And we have a remarkable run of 1 straight of SB winners who's QB was their best player and passing game was their biggest strength. Oh, and it should be noted, that team was medicore until its running game and defense improved.
Just because teams throw more often does not mean the difference between winning and losing is a moderately better pass offense. Actually quite the contrary seems to be what is supported by the facts.

Besides, WR production is very much a chicken-egg argument. 90% of the production comes from running routine routes, and running them somewhat effectively. Production from WRs is as much a function of being the guy who gets picked to run the route as it is talent, which is why you see tremendous production differences when players change teams and situations.

Three things

1. Jerry Jones has stated that he will match any offer anyone would make regardless of poison pills.
  2. Jackson has a DUI, he is set to be suspended, and should he make another arrest a longer ban would follow.
  3. Both players are not as good as Brandon Marshall, who can be had cheaper.

Three things

1. Jerry Jones has stated that he will match any offer anyone would make regardless of poison pills.
  2. Jackson has a DUI, he is set to be suspended, and should he make another arrest a longer ban would follow.

Brandon Marshall is bad breath from Suspension

And we have a remarkable run of 1 straight of SB winners who's QB was their best player and passing game was their biggest strength. Oh, and it should be noted, that team was medicore until its running game and defense improved.
Just because teams throw more often does not mean the difference between winning and losing is a moderately better pass offense. Actually quite the contrary seems to be what is supported by the facts.

Besides, WR production is very much a chicken-egg argument. 90% of the production comes from running routine routes, and running them somewhat effectively. Production from WRs is as much a function of being the guy who gets picked to run the route as it is talent, which is why you see tremendous production differences when players change teams and situations.
So now you'd like to whinge about team balance? Having an establishing passing game helps the running game. Having an establishing running game helps the passing game. This isn't new age science, it's old school fact.

I'd rather the Patriots loaded receiver, as our backs have shown they can run when given the scheme and opportunity too.

Last edited:
Three things

Marshall is better than VJax?

Ridiculous.

Marshall is better than VJax?

Ridiculous.

Of course it is :rolleyes:

Please though remember when looking at these stats. Marshall is one of five WRs to have EVER had three seasons back to back with 100 receptions and also remember which team has Kyle Orton and the other Phillip Rivers!

jacksonvmarshall.jpg

Last edited:
Brandon Marshall is bad breath from Suspension

I didn't say he wasn't, just making the point that those who don't want Marshall because of off field stuff cannot be calling for another that is in danger of missing time also.

No. I want BB to have an epic draft using ALL of the first four picks on players who will start and be with the Patriots for years to come.

I didn't say he wasn't, just making the point that those who don't want Marshall because of off field stuff cannot be calling for another that is in danger of missing time also.

10-4 Bud

Listen I'd LOVE to have Frezh YOUNG stud WR in fold........
so would Josh McDaniels.

You would be correct. How bout NE giving up Brady for a top ten pick? No, Im not comparing Brady to VJ, but it's just as absurd.

Giving up Brady would be much more absurd.

and miles would accept a 6-7 mill/ yr contact, and Jackson a 7-8 mill/ yr which is expensive but not if ur a num 1 wr and next yr well have two of those if this were to happen

I am always intrigued when message board posters make these statements. What is it based on?

And if they are willing to sign for the numbers in the post above (Austin 6/7, Jax 7/8) then those teams will just sign them long term.

Both coming off great years and going to demand the moon I'd imagine. I'd rather build a deeper set of WR's without another superstar that Brady might focus on too much.

I'd trade our #1 for Miles Austin but not Jackson.

Yes I would trade #22 for Vincent Jackson. With that kind of offensive firepower it will also help the defense because teams will always be playing catchup and thus limiting their offensive gameplan just like 2007.

Giving up Brady would be much more absurd.

I actually came to these messageboards to ask Patriot fans this question. With many reasons for doing so.

Does Tom Brady really want to be the QB of this team? It's a serious question. It's plain as day the Patriots are rebuilding, rightfully so. Lucky enough for the Patriots they will still be very competitive regardless. But I don't feel I am being too ignorant to suggest the team has no chance for the Superbowl. What they are doing is amazing with how many picks they have got stockpiled in a stacked draft. But the benefits from this are still a few years off. So does Brady really want to play for this team? His career is closer to the end than the beginning. And I figure he would want no part of this.

I have wondered for a while whether Patriot fans would trade Brady given the trade makes them much better for the future, and the next few years don't look extremely promising.

Oh. And Brady is going to break the bank. Not only that but his commitment to the team is going to be tested with his new child. I can see where Brady tries to spend as much time in LA as possible. Point being I wonder if Brady would be more interested in playing for a team closer to home. I wonder if he would welcome playing for a team that is on the upswing... not reloading. And getting paid fat cash.

And I can see where New England would welcome all the value they get in return for Brady. Would a trade with Denver make sense? Would the fans get behind it?

BTW, the Chargers and Cowboys can match any offer for Jackson or Austin. So not only would a team have to pony up the RFA compensation, but they will have to make an offer that teams couldn't match.

I'd trade our #1 for Miles Austin but not Jackson.

Seriously? What has Austin done?

He had big numbers against poor teams.

He done virtually nothing against the Eagles in 2 games.

VJax is beastly in every sense of the word.

No. We need defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back