PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade 2 low firsts for a top NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. This is the guy who gave up the 83 yard run that sank our season.

Take a 1st and pick Dan Williams of Tennessee. 6'3" 320 and he'd be as good as Wilfork after about 1/2 a season....or play more 4-3, which I think we should do anyway.

Wilfork wants top $, sorry Charlie.

how about we re sign Wilfork, and then with our #1 we pick a NT/DT...then swith to a 4-3. Wilfork and Mt. Cody at DT and nobody would be running up the middle on us

Some guy (name escapes me) was ripping Cody in a report yesterday for him looking fatter, unfit and how he may drop down the board as a result.

Seen as though a top NT is the lynchpin of any 34 defence, you would expect it to be considered. Would I do it? If he was the perfect guy for my team and system I think I would, especially somebody still relatively young who carries experience like Wilfork.

Definitely. This is the guy who gave up the 83 yard run that sank our season.

Take a 1st and pick Dan Williams of Tennessee. 6'3" 320 and he'd be as good as Wilfork after about 1/2 a season....or play more 4-3, which I think we should do anyway.

Wilfork wants top $, sorry Charlie.

It wasnt Wilfork it was Mayo who didnt fill the gap. That wasnt Wilfork's play to make. His job was to tie up the LG and C which he did.

I'd rather have Mt. Cody than Williams...

Last edited:
how about we re sign Wilfork, and then with our #1 we pick a NT/DT...then swith to a 4-3. Wilfork and Mt. Cody at DT and nobody would be running up the middle on us

$$$$$ :confused:

Now THIS idea i really like. But what are the chances Mt. Cody is available to us @ 22?

Now THIS idea i really like. But what are the chances Mt. Cody is available to us @ 22?

I'd rather take Dan Williams at 22 than Cody. You can play him at 4-3DT next to Wilfork, at 3-4 DE, or at NT. 50-50 right now that he lasts to 22.

Dan Williams weighed in at 300 lbs at the Sr Bowl, not the 320-325 that has been listed on the draft sights.

Dan Williams weighed in at 300 lbs at the Sr Bowl, not the 320-325 that has been listed on the draft sights.

No, he measured in at 6' 2 1/4" and 329#.

no one is giveing two #1's for a 2 down run stoper and then have to pay him 10 million a year. its not going to happen

Ryan Pickett, and Casey Hampton are all so FA and can pretty much give a team what wilfork can give them with out haveing to gave up picks

no one is giveing two #1's for a 2 down run stoper and then have to pay him 10 million a year. its not going to happen

Ryan Pickett, and Casey Hampton are all so FA and can pretty much give a team what wilfork can give them with out haveing to gave up picks

Hampton is older (33 in September), has an offseason laziness issue which leads to weight and conditioning problems, and wants to stay in Pittsburgh. Pickett isn't even in the same universe as Wilfork.

Wilfork won't turn 30 until almost the end of 2011 and is the best 3-4 NT in the game. Teams running the 3-4 would be foolish not to think about signing him, picks or no picks.

Cody the DT from Alabama. I read He weighed in this morning at 370,and growing.

The post that you responded to was about Dan Williams, not Cody.

Hampton is older (33 in September), has an offseason laziness issue which leads to weight and conditioning problems, and wants to stay in Pittsburgh. Pickett isn't even in the same universe as Wilfork.

Wilfork won't turn 30 until almost the end of 2011 and is the best 3-4 NT in the game. Teams running the 3-4 would be foolish not to think about signing him, picks or no picks.

Absolutely correct.

i agree with everything you said he is by far the best 3-4 NT and if ithere is no CAP is worth 15 million a year. i just don't see any one giveing the pats two #1's

To answer the original question. I would not trade 2 firsts for a nose tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back