PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you sign Incognito?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocHoliday

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He'll be a talented FA, has an attitude problem, but has more or less been shown to not be the bully Martin made him to be.

Should he come relatively cheap, would you take him at RG? A guard tandem of Mankins and Incognito would be far and away one of the nastiest in the league.

Ya..only to have wilfork and the crew beat his ass and then drop him :D

This isn't the Michael Vick story, so it is not like the Pats couldn't deal with it and the press. The Pats also have leaders, so he would not create a similar problem as Miami claimed.

In the end, if he is a value added over the current cast, in both ability and attitude, bring him in. I just don't have a sense of how good he really is right now.

no thanks.

Only if we draft Michael Sam :eek:

I want to know the results of the investigations before giving that a definite yes or no. The pairing of him and Mankins at guard definitely intrigues me, though.

Depends on how he is as a player now. I'll be honest, I have not focused on him.

All I know about him is what other people say about him. From that, I'd pass, but I do not trust the talking heads. Then again, where there is smoke...

I would not want him as a leader - and if he gets out of line I assume Mankins would beat the crap out of him:).
Anyway, I'd rather have the guy his teammates supported if I have to get one.

I just don't care what type of a person someone is if they play for our team. Unless he's committed a crime then I'm open to it.

I used to care but then I got let down and I realized it is stupid to care about the character of a person who plays a child's game. All that matters if if he's good enough to be worth his contract and doesn't disrupt the locker room.

I would never sign Incognito I'd rather have the same defence from last year then Incognito.

Incognito did apologize "to all the women out there that I offended with my text messages to my close personal friend." Those text messages, although filled with friendly banter, are disturbing at times. "U good dude?" Incognito wrote last May. "Did u get some chick pregnant? I'll help u off her if that's the case." That comment, when coupled with Incognito's behavior at a Dolphins golf outing, in which he was accused of sexually harassing a female volunteer, is a window into the lack of respect Incognito shows to those who aren't his boys. That's also what we saw in this Twitter rant.

I'd be very disappointed in the Pats if they picked up Incognito.

Imagine if we sign him and Riley Cooper, what they're gonna say behind the enemy lines.

Yes.

IMO, the reactionary media and the experts as usual went on overdrive casting him as a racist villain without bothering to get the true story and overreacting on words/phrases without considering the context.

I'd ask DeGuglielmo and Daboll if he's worth it and do exactly what they suggest.

If I were to say 'yes' just because he has a 'mean streak' (like Mankins) that the Patriots could use right now on their OL; then I would be untrue to myself.

I dont post a lot, but I have complained (vocally) in the past about Incognito's cheap and dirty hits (before and after the whistle).

The baggage is WAY TOO MUCH on that side. And his talent aint all that much greater than average. NO THANKS!!

Incognito did apologize "to all the women out there that I offended with my text messages to my close personal friend." Those text messages, although filled with friendly banter, are disturbing at times. "U good dude?" Incognito wrote last May. "Did u get some chick pregnant? I'll help u off her if that's the case." That comment, when coupled with Incognito's behavior at a Dolphins golf outing, in which he was accused of sexually harassing a female volunteer, is a window into the lack of respect Incognito shows to those who aren't his boys. That's also what we saw in this Twitter rant.

Weak. You'd have to browbeat half of that age range of men if you looked into their text conversations with their best friends. Guarantee you the Pats young guys do just as bad, if not worse.

I think Incognito is talented, has a decent several years left, and would be willing to come by on a one year prove it deal to rehab his image. Slide Connolly back to center, jettison Wendell, and draft replacements for both position this year and next.

Gumby said:
I dont post a lot, but I have complained (vocally) in the past about Incognito's cheap and dirty hits (before and after the whistle).
The baggage is WAY TOO MUCH on that side. And his talent aint all that much greater than average. NO THANKS!!

Maybe I'm in the minority, but cheap and dirty (so long as it isn't resulting in penalties) is exactly what I want. That's the mentality you want for a bulldozing power O-line.

My god if you people saw the text messages I share with my friends and my wife you'd assume I was worse than Hitler or something.

Intent matters. I'm not gonna defend Incognito, per se, but that was clearly a dark humor joke. The only alternative is to assume Incognito wanted to assist a teammate in killing a woman in which case you shouldn't be debating him being on the team you should be posting that he needs to go to prison for conspiracy to commit murder.

Otherwise it was a joke. Maybe not to your taste but intent matters.

The text was what's known throughout most of the world as a "joke". It may be a window into what Incognito finds funny, but that's about it.

I say we should sign him.

Then find the highest bridge in Boston and push him off of it. The guy is the definition of scum.

Pioli already said he was completely off the Patriots' draft board in 2005 so he will never be a Patriot. Thankfully. After his latest twitter tirade it's confirmed that he is a douche of the highest order and slow in the head to boot.

irregardlerss of all the bullying stuff, he is not that good, and is a drive killing 15 yards for unsportsman like conduct penalty, waiting to happen!

I doubt he would be an upgrade of anyone the Pats have now, and then considering the baggage and his age, just not worth it. I would be shocked if anyone even gave him a look (now that Mr. Burns is dead).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes