Welcome to PatsFans.com

Would you shake hands with a jew?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

2. PATRIOTS-80

PATRIOTS-80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Why did Nazi Germany and Hitler hate the jews?
  3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +793 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

Part of it was an issue of political control, the other part was Hitler's desire to engineer a genetically "pure" German race.
  4. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +123 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Very well and succinctly put.
  5. Patjew

Ratings:
    +123 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

6. PATRIOTS-80

PATRIOTS-80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

it is very sad.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +279 / 10 / -26

This is precisely why we do not do well in this area, we try to apply a western "mindset" and cannot comprehend the deep seated bad blood, we discount historical issues and long time divisions for "quick fixes", many of the issues will exist ad infinitum and no matter what we do will not get better. But there are some who believe we can make it better.
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +203 / 5 / -6

On a brighter note, much of the U.S. had the same attitude towards the blacks until the 1960s, but I would say in took only one generation to turn things around. As many have said, peace between Israel and the Palestinians is key to peace in the region.

Of course, the scary thing is that that clip came from Saudi Arabia, one of our allies and a major owner of our debt.
  9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I think that they'd always dislike each other; but if the climate there was better there would be much less hate. Its too hot and there's not enough water. Human nature is such that when you're miserable, you're faster to lash out and you lash out more violently. There's also the tendency of people to absolve themselves of guilt (for not walking out of the region thousands of years ago) but to pin the blame on someone else.

What we need to do is invent a weather machine and shoot it at the ME thereby converting their climate to something like Seattle's. Where its never more than a few degrees from 70F [21C] and it rains 4 days out of 5. If we did that two things would happen: 1) 'grunge' music would make a huge comeback, and 2) all the Arabs would sit around coffee houses all day long b!tching about the Jews; but never actually do anything about them.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +203 / 5 / -6

I think the majority of people want peace and security and have no particular motivation for hate. There are some liberal Jews who work with the Palestinians, and some progressive Palestinians who recognize Israel's right to exist. But, like anywhere, a small part of the population is bitter and hate filled. Most people just want to get on with their daily lives, and don't have much time to hate.

Perhaps a general question is in order. Does anyone here actually know any Arabs and have you found them to be virulently anti-Jewish?
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

The Liberal Democrat Jews in America are feeling sorry for this little creep, they say the Bad Bad Hated Bush is picking on him.

Streisand and Jon Stewart should be handcuffed then dropped off in Iran or Palestine, I bet the scumbags would be glad to see Bush's Troops with their ladies underwear and dog leashes then.

Wake up you Bush Hating whacko's, these bastards want you all dead and carved up into little pieces.

Ratings:
    +203 / 5 / -6

Harry, if someone destroyed your home and killed your family, would like them more or less than if they came to you and said, "Let's try to find a way to work out our differences"? That's the difference between neo-cons and liberals.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

I would love to see that, how do we get them to see that?
  14. Patjew

Ratings:
    +123 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Sure have, more than a few. But I've also had Arab friends that didn't care about Jews one way or another.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

Most in here are pretty understanding of the reality, but some don't understand why a "peace" can't be brokered. When one side only wants to destroy the other, even at the cost of their own lives, peace is not an easy task.
  16. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

All of the many that I've met never seem to express it. I wouldn't know if they're hiding it to fit in here since I've never been outside the USA and therefore I've never met one who hasn't departed that area more or less permanently. It seems to me that they leave the hatred behind. Which points to my weather theory bein' accurate. Then again you never hear of Nevadans going on Jihad against New Mexicans. So perhaps I'm full of sh!t:D
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

The deep rooted hatred, combined with the oppressive regimes that run these societies with an iron fist, make reform, or tolerance, virtually non existent. It's the key reason regime change in Iraq, for the purpose of geopolitical change, was saught post 9/11. The idea is that through choice and self governance, i.e. democracy, the people of the greater ME will have a chance to mature in ways that have been repressed before. Of course, the question is, do you force democracy onto people? Do you invade in the name of future peace? Are you causing more disdain through this course of action? Can it succeed, or will it fail? All that aside, this was the intention with Iraq. To me it was anyway.
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

Yeah, I sat on the bus next to an Arab once. He hated ice cream. I think removing all ice cream from the greater ME is the path to peace. :p
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

If this little "Rat Faced" king or whatever the hell they call him isn't kept in line he will be more trouble than old Saddam ever thought of being and we KNOW FOR A FACT HE WILL HAVE THE WMD's that you Bush Haters are always squawking about, he has NUKES and the creepy little piece of sh!t will use them.

The biggest weapon that the Radical Religion Crazed Muslim has is something very few other people have "THEY ENJOY DYING" that is what makes them so dangerous and they HATE YOU.
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

The problem with the world is people like yourself who view things in one light, and are never able to give credit, or validity, to any alterior view. You think that walking into Palestine, or Israel, and singing kumbaya will get the job done. Sorry, but the world doesn't work that way. You sometimes need dimplomacy, you sometimes need an iron fist. That's reality. When Anwar Saddat signed that peace deal, and recognized Israel, he was assasinated. When Ytizak Rabin signed the Oslo Accords in 1994 he too was assasinated. Sure, some people want peace, ultimately though, lots don't. Trying to sing Kumbaya with those who don't is futile. Life is black, white, and lots of grey. The hard part is trying to figure out who needs a slap, and who needs a word on encouragement.