PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you rather...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJPatsfan26

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Have made it into the playoff's and loose in the first round or not make it at all?

Playoffs? Playoffs? Pfft, Playoffs!

It is less painful to not make playoffs than to lose in playoffs, but at least you made the playoffs and had a shot......Not sure if we really need new threads like this and the other hypothetical thread "If Cassel nets us two pro bowlers, was it worth Brady blowing out his knee"....I guess I need to head to the draft forum.......

ill tell you this, the last few years following playoff losses have been progressively harder to take. not making it this year sucked, but at least i wont have bad dreams about losing to inferior teams for months

It is less painful to not make playoffs than to lose in playoffs, but at least you made the playoffs and had a shot......Not sure if we really need new threads like this and the other hypothetical thread "If Cassel nets us two pro bowlers, was it worth Brady blowing out his knee"....I guess I need to head to the draft forum.......

It depends.

Right now, for me, one-and-done on the road > no playoffs > one-and-done at home.

Why?

History.

The Patriots have not lost a home playoff game in over 30 years, and I don't want that to change anytime soon.

My brain says 'make the playoffs' but they way that last Sunday played out, it didn't hurt at all - unlike the previous playoff losses.

Thing is, we're not as upset about missing the playoffs because of the way the season unfolded. After Brady went on IR the expectations were quite low. The team improved and finished on a high note, so there was less of a sting.

Compare that to say, the Bucs, who went from 9-3 and 2nd seed in the NFC to losing the last four games, the last two at home, including a season ending loss to the Raiders. Making the playoffs or not would have meant a lot to their fans - as well as the HC and GM who lost their jobs over it. Conversely if they had started out 5-7 but won their last four games, their fans would have felt better about the team and Gruden and Allen might still have jobs.

I hate not having a chance. It really makes me sick knowing that we destroyed the team representing the NFC in the SB with a half-assed squad this year.

I just got over last year's SB 1 minute ago.

I'd rather be in bed with Anne Hatheway.

It would have been nice to watch a playoff game this season featuring the Pat's since most of the games have been either boring, one sided, or both but let's move past this year and focus on the offseason and next year.

"It is better to have loved and gotten VD than to never have loved at all."

Oscar Wilde (I think!)​

What's up with all these "what if" threads lately. What if I could come to this board and not see so many pointless threads... that would be the day.

This was a great year to miss the playoffs. Cassel looks like a monster, keeping his value high, whereas if we were in the playoffs and lost their would be question marks again. It also gives the players and coaches and extra month to regroup for FA, draft, and into TC next year.

**** the mediocre teams in the playoffs... this NFL season was a joke. I am glad we get to sit out and prepare for a REAL season with TB back.

I wish we had gotten to the playoffs, even if we had then lost. Right now it feels like we could have gotten on a hot streak and won some games, or maybe not. I don't know what the limit was for this team, because they didn't really get a chance to prove it, as the weird tie-breakers stole that chance from them. So they could have been one and done, or they could have been heading to a SB now. It would have been better to know the real cap on this team, than always wondering how we would have done.

Wouldn't have mattered either way, we get the same draft pick which is all you have to look forward to in either circumstance.

ok, my turn.....

Would you rather........eat a dog. or spend a year in prison? *

* From Zoey 101, a game played between Chase ( Sean Flynn) and Zoey ( Jamie Lynn Spears) to pass the time as they pretend they are just "friends" when its OBVIOUS they are boyfriend and girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots