PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you rather see an OLB or a WR drafted in round one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to trade pick 22 for a top 2nd rounder and a top 3rd rounder. 5 picks in the top 65 or so. Tebow is going to end up being picked right around 22-28 anyway, so I hope we benefit from that.

I really like Dunlap, who just barely turned 21. He wasn't even legal to drink when he got his dwi. He's younger than a lot of red shirt sophmores.

Getting Dunlap or Griffen at the top of round 2 would be sweet, if either were there. Otherwise, Thomas would be my pick.

At 22, Brandon Graham would be my choice unless Bryant or Spiller were available.

I really like Dunlap, who just barely turned 21. He wasn't even legal to drink when he got his dwi. He's younger than a lot of red shirt sophmores.

Why does the fact that he was an UNDERAGE DRINKER when he got his DUI make that even BETTER? *obviously* It made his drinking even more illegal, therefore, he's a PERFECT CHARACTER FIT? Right?? :bricks:

All I was saying is that he's still very young, and it would be a shame to write off as bad character what might have been mostly immaturity, from which Dunlap likely learned a lot.

If you were to draw up the perfect Belichick elephant, you'd get something similar to Dunlap, who is two years younger than Suh. How much will Dunlap improve with two years of mental and physical growth?

At the top of the 2nd round, or even at 22, the upside is incredible.

All I was saying is that he's still very young, and it would be a shame to write off as bad character what might have been mostly immaturity, from which Dunlap likely learned a lot.

If you were to draw up the perfect Belichick elephant, you'd get something similar to Dunlap, who is two years younger than Suh. How much will Dunlap improve with two years of mental and physical growth?

At the top of the 2nd round, or even at 22, the upside is incredible.
Dunlap will be a bust. Everytime I watch him play he barley ever tries.

Last edited:
I'd love to trade pick 22 for a top 2nd rounder and a top 3rd rounder. 5 picks in the top 65 or so. Tebow is going to end up being picked right around 22-28 anyway, so I hope we benefit from that.

Getting Dunlap or Griffen at the top of round 2 would be sweet, if either were there. Otherwise, Thomas would be my pick.

At 22, Brandon Graham would be my choice unless Bryant or Spiller were available.

If Brandon Graham, Jared Odrick, and Rolando Mcclain are unavailable at 22 I really hope we trade down. I want to pick up a later first rd pick/early 2nd and a 3rd. Then we can draft our RB in the third while addressing DE, WR, OLB, AND TE with these 5 picks.

If BB takes the DE, WR or OLB that he has rated as worthy of a 1st round pick I will be %100 on board with that selection............

Having said that he probably goes TE!

This is an impossible question to answer without knowing who will be on the board when the Patriots pick in round 1. The only receiver I would have interest in is Dez Bryant and that is if he works out well. If the Patriots draft him, I will trust them on the character issues. At olb, I'd be interested in Kindle and possibly Jerry Hughes at 22. I don't like Graham for the Pats defense and the lingering questions about Sapp's knee make me unwilling to take the risk in round 1 (but I'd take him in round 2).

My feeling is that Kindle and Bryant will likely be gone, the Patriots won't like Dunlap and the best talent on the board will not match either of our two greatest needs. The best player on the board will either be a 3-4 DE like Odrick a possible NT like Dan Williams or an OT like Anthony Davis. The wildcard to me is Rolando McClain who I could see dropping to 22 and would fill a need, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Patriots passed on him to either trade down or take someone like Odrick.

Neither....

Neither....

ditto that. Odrick, Spiller, Best or trade for multiple picks. BTW, I see Spiller getting 15-20 touches a game; PR, KR, WR, Slot, screens etc.

Last edited:
At this point, I would be happy if they took the highest rated WR, DE, or OLB...whichever they think is the best. We could use someone who can make an immediate impact at all 3 of those positions.

I would prefer outside LB, because they NEED 1, and have needed 1 for about 2- seasons now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back