• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Which would you rather do:

(A) Trade a pick for Marshall, who is younger, and potentially a #1 a couple years from now, or
(B) Sign TO, who is older, and use one of the 2011 firsts on a potential #1?

Great, a poll that lacks a viable third option like stick a hot poker in my eye...

Great, a poll that lacks a viable third option like stick a hot poker in my eye...
LMAO - that would be my pick too but given the choice I'd take Owens who I could cut any time over investing a #1 in Marshall.

I am happy with either situation.

Either situation increases our Superbowl chances dramatically.

My preference would be Marshall over TO if I had to choose.

LMAO - that would be my pick too but given the choice I'd take Owens who I could cut any time over investing a #1 in Marshall.

TBH, that's my thought, too. :bricks:

We're all set to get Owens, btw - with Watson's departure, Moss could go back to his Minnestota #84 leaving #81 for . . .

If I have to choose, Marshall because he is younger.

Last edited:
TO and use the first elsewhere. Before next year's draft we will know the status of both Moss and Welker, and also how much we can count on Edelman and Tate.

Now, where is the BOTH option ?? As long as TO is not going to cost much, sign'em both !

Last edited:
Marshall easy, hes better than any receiver in FA or in the draft, and what he does after the catching is simply amazing

Which would you rather do:

(A) Trade a pick for Marshall, who is younger, and potentially a #1 a couple years from now, or
(B) Sign TO, who is older, and use one of the 2011 firsts on a potential #1?
Is this like one of those psychological tests:

If you were going to have a video on utube of you wearing only a feather boa dancing with a naked man, would you prefer:

A) A waltz
B) the chicken dance

TO is much cheaper, I'm sure salary wise too. And if it's just a 1 year deal, it's of no cost. Marshall is a more expensive investment and will affect us for years capwise(if the cap is brought back of course, which is how you need to approach this offseason IMO). And that 1st is very much needed.

Last edited:
Brandon Marshall is a far higher risk to end up in jail, suspended, or embarrassing the franchise. He has been arrested numerous times. He has been suspended by the league, and by the team for conduct detrimental to the team -- for not practicing hard. He's been benched as well - and for the final game of the 2009 season for not showing up for physical therapy. He was involved in the tragic shooting death of teammate Darrent Williams following an altercation in a night club. He's been ordered to undergo anger management counseling as a result of domestic assault charges. He does not appear to be an easy player to manage.

While clearly kooky, Owens passes the football-is-important-to-me test. He plays hurt. He trains hard. He tends to burn his way out of town, but at this point in his career he probably isn't looking at a five-year deal, and he might have matured.

Both players appear unstable. Owens is a question mark, and probably needs a strong support system after football. Marshall is a huge red flag, and given his team suspensions, clearly has other priorities than football. Belichick seems to have an issue with players who do not show up on time or practice hard.

I would not want Brandon Marshall on my team.
I would not want to give up a high draft pick for Marshall.
I would not want to carry the salary cap charge for Marshall.

TO and use the first elsewhere. Before next year's draft we will know the status of both Moss and Welker, and also how much we can count on Edelman and Tate.

This, for the reasons stated above.

There needs to be a None of the Above option. :p

Greetings,
There are pros and cons with both players. With TO, you know he is going to work hard and not get arrested, but you have to consider his age. Marshall , well I don't think I need to go through a rundown about him.
Shalom,
Celticboy04

TO comes cheaper and is at the point in his career where winning and playing with a good quarterback should be all that matters.

T.O. without a doubt. If they were both UFA then this is a no-brainer, you pick up Marshall, but tragically this isn't the case. I've always hated him as a player and a person(too many dropped passes, very questionable locker room presence, the sit ups in his driveway) but he looks more and more like a smart pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots