PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you rather have Merriman or Wilfork on defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
meriman with out wilfork up front to get the push would just suck so ill take wilfork

Wilfork, no question about it.

That would depend on what position I needed to fill. I mean I know Vince can play safety, but...

Lets says the young patriots defense plays well against the pass and the run with out wilfork. The patriots let wilfork test FA.

Trade and signs Merriman to a big deal contract. Would you do it?

What was your motive for posting this thread?

Merriman always sucked in coverage, doesn't set the edge well, and now he apparently can't rush the passer either. In short: not a chance. Wilfork is much, much better, and it's not even close. And I actually think Wilfork is kinda overrated.

Wilfork all day. Can't stand Merriman.

*Whether Wilfork walks or not, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Pats make a big play for Peppers.

Peppers despite getting the huge franchise tag bucks has pretty much shyt the bed this year... maybe he is not motivated enough:rolleyes:

Would not trade Wilfork for Merriman, Merriman is a shell of what he used to be and just another roadside attraction...

No brainer. Wilfork.

Are you serious ? Merriman will end up with the Redskins, and Wilfork will retire with the Pats.

Remember the patriots young defense plays well against the pass and the run without wilfork. So the option is to keep wilfork or sign for a cheaper merriman and add depth.

Maybe even sign merriman and extend moss for a few more years.

Last edited:
How about we expand the conversation a little, since this thread is clearly flourishing. Which would you rather have on OFFENSE? Hmmm

Big Bad and Nasty in the middle is worth 4 million a year. He is an honorable man by playing up to contract this season and not becoming a drama queen by holding out. Roidboy with bad haircut can stay out West.

Remember the patriots young defense plays well against the pass and the run without wilfork. So the option is to keep wilfork or sign for a cheaper merriman and add depth.

Maybe even sign merriman and extend moss for a few more years.

No way.
No how.
No merr'man.

V. Wilfork

I think a better example would be Dansby, Ware (not that Jones would let him go), or someone like that. Someone whose body has not been exposed to steroids and doesn't have the injury history. Then I think it would be debatable whether or not we should keep Wilfork. No way do we choose Merriman over Wilfork.

Last edited:
Wilfork no question at this point in their careers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back