Votes: 25 34.2%
  • Seeing games from my new plasma and my home is fine with me

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • Would go to 1-3 a yr but that is it..

Votes: 23 31.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never go to a Patriots game ... too many people, no recliners, no surround sound, no climate control, and no pause button while I take a leak. :)

On the other hand, I still don't have a control that allows me to mute the booth audio track when I want (99.9% of the game), so I really can't crank up the surround sound with the natural noise of the game, which would be phenomenal!

Some day soon, I am sure.

Until then, I'll suffer with the CBS idiots.

Nothing beats going to the games for me.

I go to games ALONE (so I am able to afford a single lower level mid field seat cheaper) and I just make new friends when I get there. :D

I have never seen as many lame, pis poor, candy ass excuses for not going to a game and cheering your team on as I have ever seen, from what is found in this thread.

I do not want to hear anyone in hear complain about how quiet it is there when y'all cannot handle the traffic or would rather stay home all cozy and warm, watching your HD with clicker in one hand and many beers consumed by your other hand as you stuff your faces with popcorn and chips. Of course you have to be close to toilets and sofa's for your viewing comfort.

No wonder it is so quiet at Foxboro now - YOU all quit coming and decided to just whine about it. Deserters all......

I have been to every single game played at Gillette and you have no clue how AWESOME it is. Gillette stadium, no matter where you sit is tremendous place to see a game.

Save your HD for away games and get your ass back to Foxboro - my lungs hurt, I need help.

I've never been much of a yeller at sporting events, what exactly do you guys yell out? I kinda feel stupid when I do it.

I've never been much of a yeller at sporting events, what exactly do you guys yell out? I kinda feel stupid when I do it.

The basic Go Patriots or let's go "D" seems to work out just fine

It's not too hard.

With Tv the way it is now, and how things are getting overpriced on tickets, is it better sometime to watch the game from home. For nothing beats going to a game, though I would never do it every week, unless I lived by the stadium and dont have to fight traffic after the game, for me that is the only negative..

I'm shocked at some of the answers here. Nothing beats the EXPERIENCE of being at the game. You also see 100 times more of what's going on than on television. TV only gives you a fraction of it.

IMO, nothing is better than goinbg to the game. Watching on TV is like seeing 1/5th of the game. Can't see what you want at all like plays develope, what's going on in pass coverage and routes, etc. And bad weather can be the most fun.

One thing I do like about being at the game is like other said, seeing plays develop in the passing game. You can see guys get open, different coverages. It would be nice someday if TV broadcasts had different angles you could choose from, like a coaches tape view if you want.

I have never seen as many lame, pis poor, candy ass excuses for not going to a game and cheering your team on as I have ever seen, from what is found in this thread.

I do not want to hear anyone in hear complain about how quiet it is there when y'all cannot handle the traffic or would rather stay home all cozy and warm, watching your HD with clicker in one hand and many beers consumed by your other hand as you stuff your faces with popcorn and chips. Of course you have to be close to toilets and sofa's for your viewing comfort.

No wonder it is so quiet at Foxboro now - YOU all quit coming and decided to just whine about it. Deserters all......

I have been to every single game played at Gillette and you have no clue how AWESOME it is. Gillette stadium, no matter where you sit is tremendous place to see a game.

Save your HD for away games and get your ass back to Foxboro - my lungs hurt, I need help.

Hey I would love to go to every game, if I could , but the treck from Pa allows maybee 1-3 a yr..

whoa whoa whoa

I live in rural NH...one of my coworkers that went to the game last night and got home at 2 freakin 30 AM...and I live 45 minutes further away...

not to mention the fact that I'm a tad sociopathic and have very little ambition towards being with 68,000 other humans

you should all be thankful for every instance when a f*cker like me stays at home

:singing:

Last edited:
As my handle indicates, I prefer being there. The TV view is lame. This year, I'm watching history unfold as never before, and in the future can say 'I was there', as I can for the tuck game, the fog bowl, the ice bowl, etc. Irreplaceable memories I'll always cherish.

I dislike the traffic, but I plan for it. I enjoy the time I spend in planning & executing my tailgate. Yesterdays was a great time, with perfect weather for a tailgate.

I got home at 2:35am, and i live 20 minutes away. Of course, I was the last one out of the lot. Love my tailgates!

That said, I'm getting old for this stuff. I was hurting for certain this morning. I can see hanging it up someday. Maybe after Brady / Belichick retire?

I've been going to as many games as I can since 1993. Hate it when I have to miss a few each year. Nothing beats being there live.

As my handle indicates, I prefer being there. The TV view is lame. This year, I'm watching history unfold as never before, and in the future can say 'I was there', as I can for the tuck game, the fog bowl, the ice bowl, etc. Irreplaceable memories I'll always cherish.

I dislike the traffic, but I plan for it. I enjoy the time I spend in planning & executing my tailgate. Yesterdays was a great time, with perfect weather for a tailgate.

I got home at 2:35am, and i live 20 minutes away. Of course, I was the last one out of the lot. Love my tailgates!

That said, I'm getting old for this stuff. I was hurting for certain this morning. I can see hanging it up someday. Maybe after Brady / Belichick retire?

I rue the day when the headlines read "Belichik, Brady and Tailgater decide to hang it up" :D

After driving home from the cape yesterday and seeing the miles and miles of backup for the foxboro exit 2hrs before game time, I was happy to be north bound to my new plasma hd tv!

I'll continue to get my live fix at training camp, I've always been a lousy wait-in-line person!!!

Let me sum up why I love going to the games:

BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE PART OF SOMETHING GREAT.

Yes, I know I'm not a player, but screaming my head off and seeing the game in person makes it feel so REAL, and makes me feel even closer to the team.

Not being able to go to many games is one of the hardest parts about being in HK for me.

Im ambivalent, going to a game is an amazing rush.. little difficult, but worth the trip.. do hate the drunks though.

I like being home, with my own bathroom, less expensive snacks in my gym shorts and slippers. With a HD tv that I can put on pause or replay if I want to.

Nothing beats a game at the Razor. At least with seats in the lower bowl. I'm not sure I'd answer the same if I had my brother's seats up in the 300's. That said, the gap is closing. I typically give up my seats for a couple home games every season due to family obligations and have been enjoying watching them on HD more and more. Plus with the new development around the stadium it's gotten to be a downright fiasco getting in and out. In years past I've never had problem or had to wait for more than 15 min. or so to get out of the lot and moving on Rt. 1.

The more inclement the weather, the more I enjoy going to the game though.

Nothing beats going to a game live. I never get tired of the feeling of coming down Route 1 and getting my first glimpse of the stadium.

I have decided that I will not go if the seats are in the 300 level (unless they are free). They are just way too high to get any enjoyment or make it worth the trip down from Maine. I've sat in the club seats and have been spoiled.
Sure the fans aren't very passionate in the red seats, but what a view of the field!

I'm bummed to hear about Patriot Place and the problems it is causing for traffic.
I was glad they finally found a good parking lot set-up, and now we're back to the old days of traffic nightmares.

Like I said, for 40 bucks they should have a better parking system though, the old stadium is not as bad as it is now... The Patriot place took over alot of parking.. but for 40 bucks and the way they say they want you to park in p-10 they should at least pave that lot as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back