PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you rather face SD or IND in AFCCG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the mentality from some of you guys

Wanting San Diego to me is moronic - .

I wouldn't rank that as moronic. I rank the Iraq war as moronic.

I rank wanting SD as just one more opinion.

Agreed. Manning has become that embarrassing cousin from Appalachia who always comes to visit during the holidays and overstays his welcome. ...

Overexposure kills any player in the minds of opposing fans. It's happening with our team and QB too.

Overexposure kills any player in the minds of opposing fans. It's happening with our team and QB too.

Well, the team as a whole is getting overexposed but at least it's on the field. Tom Brady didn't waste his off-season making TV commercials.

no doubt: Indy

No question about it.... The Jacksonville Jaguars The Indianapolis Colts and the Dallas Cowboys. Thus cementing their rightfull place as the best team ever, EVER!!!!!!

The difference is our guys aren't obnoxious.

I believe I am going to have to go with the Chargers. Indy might have a rough time trying to play in Foxboro, but they are still way better than the Chargers.

I do hope SD and Indy face each other in the 2nd round... both teams are going to really beat each other up in that game before coming to Foxboro in the cold.

To me, it doesn't matter who comes here to Gillette for the AFCCG. But if you force me to choose one, it would be the Colts by a slight hair - only to truly avenge last year's AFCCG loss.

I'd definitely go with the Colts only to avenge last year's lost. I think that people are still going to say Manning and Brady are about equal and I think another win over them to go to the Super Bowl would go far in silencing that debate.

Well, the team as a whole is getting overexposed but at least it's on the field. Tom Brady didn't waste his off-season making TV commercials.

Your right. He was too busy making bast--d babies.

Simple question, say we beat whoever we play in the divisional round, and we move on to the AFCCG....who would u like us to meet?

the colts or SD if those are the two options?

SD is the hot team right now, and they do have LT, and it will be in foxboro...

the colts have a similar offense to ours, but their D is relied heavily on speed, which will hurt them in the cold/snow, but they are the Colts...

i dont know, we have to really play both, to show that we can beat SD when they play good, and IND, when they arnt injured (which would be a stupid argument the second time around b/c of injured freeney etc instead of marvin this time)

personally, i think the easier game will be agianst the colts
I would rather face Indy. SD has a major chip on their shoulder from what happened in last year's playoff. Indy won't be as motivated.

hmm...yea

i think the game will be a lot easier with the colts, then with SD....but u never know with SD...

also, i had rather face colts...i want revenge, so make it a run of JAX, COLTS, and then GB (b/c we havnt beaten them yet, but we have beaten the boys...and they are really pretty equal)

SD is both the lesser overall opponent and the one that would have faced the tougher road getting to Foxboro.

That said, it's no big deal, because we have to play the WINNER of the presumed SD/Indy game. We don't have the option of playing the loser instead.

I agree. We play whoever we face, and we beat them.

But think, if people are hoping to face the weakest teams possible, what does that say about their faith in the Patriots?

To me, beating co-MVPs McNair and Manning on the way to the SB was awesome. It left no doubt who was the better team.

Also (different year), hold the best offense in teh league to 3 points and putting 41 on the best defense sure made a statement.

Praying to face a weak team, as so many here are doing, is just sickening.

The Pittsburgh Steelers from 2 years ago slipped your mind, I guess? This is a professional sport, and anything can happen. Asking for the tougher challenge is stupid if you goal is to win.

Last edited:
I don't know. If we really still have problems vs. the run, we are better off facing Indy. The Chargers can obviously run the ball, but Indy can't run the ball anymore. Over the last six weeks, their running game has been horrible and they can't even average over 3 YPC or 80 yards per game during that stretch.

The Colts running game the last 6 weeks has been sub par because they haven't had at least half of their starting offensive line the last 6 weeks. They have actually had to play guards as tackles, tackles in guard positions and some third string linemen in most of those games. Guess what. They all will be healthy and back for the playoffs. Manning will have better protection and Adai will be running to his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes