PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you rather face SD or IND in AFCCG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, a response is necessary. The whole issue with LT and Rivers was discredited long ago. Why dont we talk about Spygate? I know you'd love to talk about that crap. Some of the Pats fans on this forum are so blinded. You only see LT "whining" or Merriman using roids. Yet you totally pretend like your own team has had no issues, like Spygate and Harrison's substance issues. In your eyes, the Pats are infalible....ridiculous. Again, let it go and talk football for a change. Why do you guys constantly dwell on this stupid garbage?

We wont win a Championship based on what? Because we have recently done poorly in the playoffs? Well, I thought that was because of Schottenheimer? Now we have a new coaching staff, so how can you judge? Because you dont care for Norv? Your post makes no sense, and they've become cumbersome. Last time I checked, the Pats didnt fair too well in the playoffs last year, so I guess they wont win a championship either by your logic.

See, this is the problem people like you have when you go trolling on other teams’ message boards. MY post was to other Pats’ fans, giving my impression of the kind of team San Diego is. I had no interest in debating that impression with Charger fans. But then here you are, getting increasingly hysterical about things. Tedious. I actually sympathize with you—it’s the worst to be a fan of a team that does well during regular seasons and then chokes so badly in the playoffs. It must be frustrating.

No, there’s no “proof” that the Chargers will fail yet again in the playoffs. So, please feel free to come in here after the Chargers win a Super Bowl and talk as much trash as you’d like. Really, go crazy. You’re gonna have a LONG wait.

See, this is the problem people like you have when you go trolling on other teams’ message boards. MY post was to other Pats’ fans, giving my impression of the kind of team San Diego is. I had no interest in debating that impression with Charger fans. But then here you are, getting increasingly hysterical about things. Tedious. I actually sympathize with you—it’s the worst to be a fan of a team that does well during regular seasons and then chokes so badly in the playoffs. It must be frustrating.

No, there’s no “proof” that the Chargers will fail yet again in the playoffs. So, please feel free to come in here after the Chargers win a Super Bowl and talk as much trash as you’d like. Really, go crazy. You’re gonna have a LONG wait.

Actually, I wouldnt do that. Because there's nothing worse than having other fans come in and rub your faces in it. I should know, we had PLENTY of Pats fans doing it on our forum after the playoff game last year. I come to this forum to discuss the game....not to slander. But I have found it's nearly impossible without just about everyone saying the same tired lines...."whiner, class, blah, blah blah." As noted in a previous post, if NE wins the whole enchilada, nobody will really care or be too surprised. If SD upsets NE in a Championship game, it would be huge. You guys have everything to lose and we have everything to gain. Now, if I were a Pats fan, I would probably rather face SD (over Indy) too. It's a more advantageous matchup for you. However, if I was Indy, it would probably be a toss up. SD plays Indy pretty well.

Actually, I wouldnt do that. Because there's nothing worse than having other fans come in and rub your faces in it. I should know, we had PLENTY of Pats fans doing it on our forum after the playoff game last year. I come to this forum to discuss the game....not to slander. But I have found it's nearly impossible without just about everyone saying the same tired lines...."whiner, class, blah, blah blah." As noted in a previous post, if NE wins the whole enchilada, nobody will really care or be too surprised. If SD upsets NE in a Championship game, it would be huge. You guys have everything to lose and we have everything to gain. Now, if I were a Pats fan, I would probably rather face SD (over Indy) too. It's a more advantageous matchup for you. However, if I was Indy, it would probably be a toss up. SD plays Indy pretty well.

Good--discussing football is always encouraged. I agree that SD would be a much better match-up for the Pats. Disagree, though, that if the Pats win it all "nobody will really care."

I would like to play the jags and then a re-match with Indy. I would then like to play GB in the SB to end our perfect season. We would then have beaten all the strong teams, and had a chance to pay back a debt to GB.

Besides, I'd like to see a SB between two of the top QB's of all-time.

Last edited:
I would lioke to play the jags and then a re-match with Indy. I would then like to play GB in the SB to end our perfect season. We would then have beated all the strong teams, and had a chance to pay back a debt to GB.

LOL, you're more of a man than I am. I'd like to play Miami in the AFCCG and SF in the SB if we could - I just want to win :bricks:

I agree that winning is by far the most important issue. I would just hate to play say Cleveland, San Diego, and Minny. Of course, with those teams, we migh have a huge point differential and be considered the best of all time. So, maybe the weaker the better! :)

LOL, you're more of a man than I am. I'd like to play Miami in the AFCCG and SF in the SB if we could - I just want to win :bricks:

Last edited:
If I were you guys, SD would be no problem-three words, "Norvo the Clown".

I agree that winning is by far the most important issue. I would just hate to play say Cleveland, San Diego, and Minny. Of course, with those teams, we migh have a huge point differential and be considered the best of all time. So, maybe the weaker the better! :)

Or, there could be an upset and NE would be laughed upon. Wouldn't that just be a kick in the crotch. :eek:

I would like to play the jags and then a re-match with Indy. I would then like to play GB in the SB to end our perfect season. We would then have beaten all the strong teams, and had a chance to pay back a debt to GB.

Ugh, I don't think I could take two weeks of the media washing Favre's undercarriage. Not to mention the biggest batch of good vs. evil stories ever created.

Or, there could be an upset and NE would be laughed upon. Wouldn't that just be a kick in the crotch.

if anyone would know about horrific, emabarassing upsets, it would be YOU, Dead Battery Fan.

Last edited:
Or, there could be an upset and NE would be laughed upon. Wouldn't that just be a kick in the crotch.

if anyone would know about horrific, emabarassing upsets, it would be YOU, Dead Battery Fan.

Dead battery fan? Are we reaching for new and more asanine names? You should also know about upsets. But I'm sure you've forgotten about when SD marched into Gillette (when no other team had won there in an eternity) and we kicked your teeth in. Remember that? Probably not. :rolleyes:

wow...the defining Churgler moment,eh?

you must have gotten drunk on your azz on 2 bucks in Tijuana that night...is that how you got pregnant?

wow...the defining Churgler moment,eh?

you must have gotten drunk on your azz on 2 bucks in Tijuana that night...is that how you got pregnant?[/QUOTE]

....>crickets chirping<........

Worst post ever.

I would prefer to see SD.

But I would prefer Pitt even more.

I don't understand the mentality from some of you guys

In order for this season to be the ABSOLUTE best,Not only do you want to face Indy which is the 2nd best team in the conference but you want the Patriots to get to the big dance by beating the DEFENDING Super Bowl champions.

Wanting San Diego to me is moronic - If you want this team to be known as the absolute best then beating the defending SB champion in the AFCCG is really a heavy stamp to greatness.

Bypassing Indy to me would be an absolute dissapointment.

I don't understand the mentality from some of you guys

In order for this season to be the ABSOLUTE best,Not only do you want to face Indy which is the 2nd best team in the conference but you want the Patriots to get to the big dance by beating the DEFENDING Super Bowl champions.

Wanting San Diego to me is moronic - If you want this team to be known as the absolute best then beating the defending SB champion in the AFCCG is really a heavy stamp to greatness.

Bypassing Indy to me would be an absolute dissapointment.

If I had my druthers, I'd choose the Titans and then the Steelers, because those are the two weakest teams in the field. Hoping to play tougher teams is just nuts.

If I had my druthers, I'd choose the Titans and then the Steelers, because those are the two weakest teams in the field. Hoping to play tougher teams is just nuts.

It may definately be harder to win against the Colts,but to truly say this team is the best of all times would mean it would almost have to be a must to beat the defending Super Bowl champions if the chances arise.

To quote WWEs Rick Flair "If you want to be the man you have to beat the man"

19-0 to me would be a complete perfect season if ousting the Colts in the playoffs is one of the accomplishments

It may definately be harder to win against the Colts,but to truly say this team is the best of all times would mean it would almost have to be a must to beat the defending Super Bowl champions if the chances arise.

To quote WWEs Rick Flair "If you want to be the man you have to beat the man"

19-0 to me would be a complete perfect season if ousting the Colts in the playoffs is one of the accomplishments

Under your theory, the '85 Bears weren't really that good because they beat the Patriots instead of the Dolphins in the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
Under your theory, the '85 Bears weren't really that good because they beat the Patriots instead of the Dolphins in the Super Bowl.

That makes ABSOLUTELY no sense at all - The Dolphins beat the Bears during the regular season,but the Dolphins were NOT the defending Super Bowl champions the year before,It was the Redskins,I believe that won it the year before.

Get your facts straight dude - This is not even comparable to that.

I think it puts a cherry on top of any Super Bowl champion when they beat the defending SB champ in the playoffs on thier way to the SB.

Unless the previous years SB champion was in the other conference to which it would mean it would have to have the previous champion get there again.

Beating Indy in the regular season was big but nothing compared to the playoffs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back