PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you rather face SD or IND in AFCCG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back it up? Sure. First, "run away" doesn't mean that the Chargers went racing back up the tunnel at the beginning of the game, although it wouldn't surprise me. There is no team that yaps more than the Chargers; when things get tough, their signature player whines, cries, and throws his qb under the bus by stalking away from him like a pouting little girl; they win plenty of regular season games then wilt in the playoffs; they'll beat Detroit by 90, and if they play the Pats again, they'll lose by 90, then complain afterwards. They're a hollow, heartless, soulless team, backed up by an equally whining fanbase.

Anything else?

Yeah. Your arguement is the equivalent of me talking about Spygate with the Patriots. I mean, get over it. I dont talk about that crap in any of my posts (even on the Chargers forum), because it's old hat. I've never known a fan base that holds on to more trivial things. Still, you haven't explained the lack of heart. It's easy to point at team and/or players when they do or say things when things arent going well for them. Especially when your own team is undefeated. Are you trying to suggest that the Pats never had any interteam turmoil in their history, during a rough stretch? Again, it's this holier than thou perspective that some how entitles you to judge players when they're struggling. Absolute nonsense. The fact is, SD has played many hard fought games this year and have persevered for the most part. I could argue that (if anything), the Pats lack heart, because nearly every game is a blow out and they havent really been tested much in regard to the team's character.

And if you want to talk about whiny fans, I can go on and on about how the fans in this very forum act like little girls when the Pats dont obliterate the Jets....yet still won! Now, if that's not being whiners, I dont know what is. Take some time to enjoy your team's awesome season and stop pointing out every flaw of other teams that you see exagerated on Sports Center.

The coaching issues were entirely their creation, though. They fired Schottenheimer, and waited to do so until after both coordinators left.

They're the same team that went 14-2 last year, the same "best collection of talent in the NFL." They've lost 5 games this year, most of which they shouldn't have lost.

As for their defeat of the reigning NFL champs, you're welcome. NE beat up the Colts and SD benefitted.
Well then Indy should thank the Bolts for last season. :cool:

Seriously, the Bolts should have dominated Indy this year. That game should not have been close.

The coaching issues were entirely their creation, though. They fired Schottenheimer, and waited to do so until after both coordinators left.

They're the same team that went 14-2 last year, the same "best collection of talent in the NFL." They've lost 5 games this year, most of which they shouldn't have lost.
As for their defeat of the reigning NFL champs, you're welcome. NE beat up the Colts and SD benefitted.

What does that matter? The point is, the team worked through it.

We shouldnt have lost to NE?....Green Bay?.....Jacksonville? All of whom are in the playoffs and all of which were on the road? That's some crazy math you have.

And now we're supposed to "thank you" for playing the Colts the week before us? Then I guess you should be thanking us to for a game by that logic.

They're a hollow, heartless, soulless team, backed up by an equally whining fanbase.

Wait, I thought you were talking about the Chargers, not the Patriots. Now I'm confused.

Last edited:
Indy. Knocking off the defending champ after last year's epic AFCCG would be awesome.

Regards,
Chris

Wait, I thought you were talking about the Chargers, not the Patriots. Now I'm confused.

You are right. The original poster should have said "Chargers are a hollow, heartless, soulless team, backed up by an equally whining and confused fanbase".

We already beat the colts , and chargers , it would be nice if we meet the jaguars and beat them .

so none of u believe the whole SD is a hot team right now stuff?

Who have they beat other than the Colts(btw Manning looked like his rookie year that game)?

I'd rather see the Chargers, and it's not even close. I'm still not convinced that they're even really that good, not to mention that they're a bunch of emotional whackjobs who would all turn on each other the moment they were down in the playoffs.

San Diego.

EASILY.

Yeah. Your arguement is the equivalent of me talking about Spygate with the Patriots. I mean, get over it. I dont talk about that crap in any of my posts (even on the Chargers forum), because it's old hat. I've never known a fan base that holds on to more trivial things. Still, you haven't explained the lack of heart. It's easy to point at team and/or players when they do or say things when things arent going well for them. Especially when your own team is undefeated. Are you trying to suggest that the Pats never had any interteam turmoil in their history, during a rough stretch? Again, it's this holier than thou perspective that some how entitles you to judge players when they're struggling. Absolute nonsense. The fact is, SD has played many hard fought games this year and have persevered for the most part. I could argue that (if anything), the Pats lack heart, because nearly every game is a blow out and they havent really been tested much in regard to the team's character.

And if you want to talk about whiny fans, I can go on and on about how the fans in this very forum act like little girls when the Pats dont obliterate the Jets....yet still won! Now, if that's not being whiners, I dont know what is. Take some time to enjoy your team's awesome season and stop pointing out every flaw of other teams that you see exagerated on Sports Center.

They're whining about us whining, we're whining about them whining. Will it ever end?

OK Pats fans, you are the best, most dominant team in the NFL - nobody, including me, is going to argue with that. The Chargers have been inconsistent most of the year and are just now starting to gel.

Should we have the opportunity to face the Pats in the playoffs, nobody will be giving us much of a chance. We will be the underdog, and that's exactly the way we want it.

So please continue calling us losers, whiners, unclassy or whatever may come to mind, as you are the Mighty Patriots, and we are the lowly Chargers.

Does anyone see the irony here? Have the rolls been reversed (Chargers 14-2 last year, favorite for the SB, and then losing an embarrasing playoff game to the Pats)?

Keep in mind, should Chargers lose to the Pats, it won't really matter as nobody would have expected us to win - we have nothing to lose. YOU, on the other hand, have EVERYTHING to lose if the Chargers upset the Pats. All the smack talk, name calling, bashing will certainly not be forgotten.

So keep it up Pats fans, we're loving it!!!! :rocker:

Last edited:
OK Pats fans, you are the best, most dominant team in the NFL - nobody, including me, is going to argue with that. The Chargers have been inconsistent most of the year and are just now starting to gel.

Should we have the opportunity to face the Pats in the playoffs, nobody will be giving us much of a chance. We will be the underdog, and that's exactly the way we want it.

So please continue calling us losers, whiners, unclassy or whatever may come to mind, as you are the Mighty Patriots, and we are the lowly Chargers.

Does anyone see the irony here? Have the rolls been reversed (Chargers 14-2 last year, favorite for the SB, and then losing an embarrasing playoff game to the Pats)?

Keep in mind, should Chargers lose to the Pats, it won't really matter as nobody would have expected us to win - we have nothing to lose. YOU, on the other hand, have EVERYTHING to lose if the Chargers upset the Pats. All the smack talk, name calling, bashing will certainly not be forgotten.

So keep it up Pats fans, we're loving it!!!! :rocker:

Exactly. Last year the Pats loved being the underdog. This year, we've got the honor. That target on the Pats back will be a bright, shining beacon in the playoffs. Should be fun!

From another thread earlier.

No offense JC but your boys are 2-4 vs teams with winning records and they were lucky to get both of those.

I love it when i see a guy cry like a girl in his signature. Cry on missy.:(

Chargers
Why?
Because I'm bored with Manning's 'Home Alone" look of dejection after a big loss but I still find LT's extreme meltdowns entertaining.
That's my pick.

Thats Funny. Patsies fans really do have a short memory. Three out of the last four times you have played the colts, your Q B left the field with Mannings horseshoe print on his forehead. Its a good look for tom. It matches his perty pink panties.

I don't know. If we really still have problems vs. the run, we are better off facing Indy. The Chargers can obviously run the ball, but Indy can't run the ball anymore. Over the last six weeks, their running game has been horrible and they can't even average over 3 YPC or 80 yards per game during that stretch.

They haven't run the ball well lately because of the make shift offensive lines they have had to use. Com playoff time, all the regulars will be back in their regular position. They will be able to run the ball.

I'd rather face the Colts. I'm sick of hearing LT's whining after he loses a ballgame. What histrionics will he level next against the Pats?
Besides, it ALWAYS feels good to stick it to the Colts! It's a nobrainer imo.

Simple question, say we beat whoever we play in the divisional round, and we move on to the AFCCG....who would u like us to meet?

the colts or SD if those are the two options?

SD is the hot team right now, and they do have LT, and it will be in foxboro...

the colts have a similar offense to ours, but their D is relied heavily on speed, which will hurt them in the cold/snow, but they are the Colts...

i dont know, we have to really play both, to show that we can beat SD when they play good, and IND, when they arnt injured (which would be a stupid argument the second time around b/c of injured freeney etc instead of marvin this time)

personally, i think the easier game will be agianst the colts

There's not a lot that makes sense here, so not sure I can respond. "Get over it." Get over what? I was responding to the OP about a preference wih Colts vs. SD, and gave my opinion......this SD team is gutless.

And thanks, I am enjoying the Pats' awesome season. Again.

There's not a lot that makes sense here, so not sure I can respond. "Get over it." Get over what? I was responding to the OP about a preference wih Colts vs. SD, and gave my opinion......this SD team is gutless.

Gutless? That's a bit harsh and in point of fact, baseless. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the 01 pats started 1-3 did they not? What's so gutless about this SD team? Any team down 14 on the road with 7-8 minutes left that comes back to win is not a team any reasonable fan would call gutless.

I guess I should type sloooower for you then. The reference to "get over it" was in regard to LT "whining" by your account. Move on. Now we're gutless. What happened to heartless? And to date, you have yet to back up any of your attacks (heartless, gutless, or otherwise). The Patriots have had few (if any) real challenges this year. SD has had many and will still, in all likelihood, go in as the #3 seed. You tell me who is gutless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back