Welcome to PatsFans.com

Would you prefer division rivals making the post-season

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by GrogansArmy, Dec 6, 2012.

?

Would you like to see others in our division make the post-season?

1. Yes - People always beetch that we got it easy, this will show that our division is not weak

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. No - Screw the Bills/Jets/Dolls

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  3. Who cares long as we make it, stupid poll

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrogansArmy

GrogansArmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Was thinking about what others think of this from replying to another thread about who to root for - Would you prefer that our division rivals make the post-season or only us, if the choice is that we make it regardless? Do you only want to see us there, or do you think it would be better if multiple teams from our division make it?

I recall a few years back that Tony Dungy(sp?) threw a game so that their division rivals would make it to the post-season to show that his division was strong. Personally, I hate our division rivals and would never want to see them in the post-season. So just curious to see if I'm alone in this or others also think the same way.
  2. VrabelJr

VrabelJr Rookie

Ratings:
    +70 / 1 / -0

Divisional games are the most common games to have upsets in. So that's a big, fat NO!
  3. Asswipe44

Asswipe44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The worst instance of a division rival making the playoffs was Dolphins 2008. I remember Favre just had to win one stupid game for the Jets and he didn't. So, 11-5 with no playoffs. Plus Fins went one and done..
  4. Bravo777

Bravo777 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

2010 playoffs. 'Nuff said.
  5. Wax Frog

Wax Frog Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Aside from my revulsion for the Jets, my reason for preferring continued divisional incompetence is a practical one: I'd rather not see any credible threats to what has been a near-automatic 4 seed-or-better every year, with the improved playoff odds it brings.
  6. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Favre cost us in 2002 as well. Jet's beat the packers (who laid down big time) in week 17 to win the division @ 9-7. We finished 9-7 as well, but missed the playoffs. Packers coasted into the playoffs at 12-4.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.