Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you like to see others in our division make the post-season?

• Yes - People always beetch that we got it easy, this will show that our division is not weak

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No - Screw the Bills/Jets/Dolls

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Who cares long as we make it, stupid poll

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Was thinking about what others think of this from replying to another thread about who to root for - Would you prefer that our division rivals make the post-season or only us, if the choice is that we make it regardless? Do you only want to see us there, or do you think it would be better if multiple teams from our division make it?

I recall a few years back that Tony Dungy(sp?) threw a game so that their division rivals would make it to the post-season to show that his division was strong. Personally, I hate our division rivals and would never want to see them in the post-season. So just curious to see if I'm alone in this or others also think the same way.

Divisional games are the most common games to have upsets in. So that's a big, fat NO!

The worst instance of a division rival making the playoffs was Dolphins 2008. I remember Favre just had to win one stupid game for the Jets and he didn't. So, 11-5 with no playoffs. Plus Fins went one and done..

Aside from my revulsion for the Jets, my reason for preferring continued divisional incompetence is a practical one: I'd rather not see any credible threats to what has been a near-automatic 4 seed-or-better every year, with the improved playoff odds it brings.

The worst instance of a division rival making the playoffs was Dolphins 2008. I remember Favre just had to win one stupid game for the Jets and he didn't. So, 11-5 with no playoffs. Plus Fins went one and done..

Favre cost us in 2002 as well. Jet's beat the packers (who laid down big time) in week 17 to win the division @ 9-7. We finished 9-7 as well, but missed the playoffs. Packers coasted into the playoffs at 12-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes