PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would You Not Take Any Of These at #7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have zero interest in seeing McFadden as a Pat, not interested in OL at #7 as I, like others, don't feel our line was that bad outside the Neal injury, and believe that they can and have turned 2nd-4th round O-linemen into probowlers so there is no reason to spend #7 on O line (esp. as every guy available is projected essentially as a convert RT to LT, RG to RT, etc). LB, DL, maybe take a chance on CB though like the rumors I've heard, I don't think there is a single guy available that warrants #7 money. My guess is if elite talent for what we could use isn't available, we trade down. If one of the monsters slips, maybe we grab them, but as always, the Pats board is almost never anything like the rest of the worlds' board, so it'll be fun to see, fun to speculate, and fun to most likely be surprised.

PART ONE - Is there any of these that you would NOT take at #7?

Ellis -- If I wanted a 6ft D-lineman I'd draft Trevor Laws in round 2. Similar skills - better value.
McFadden -- he's a feature back - don't need him.

PART TWO - If you would NOT choose one of the above, would you accept one of these instead?
Clady
Albert

Whichever one has the best ability to start at LT. Otherwise, I wouldn't draft a RT or RG as high as #7.

Topics like these remind me that the closer we get to the draft, the more I hope we trade down. The draft's always about value, and we'll find this later on...

I agree with the opinion that OL is not on our draft card, in any way. Clady and JLong and Albert don't represent value.

Here's a hint. Check out the list of invitees that Reiss listed as visiting the Pats. Notice anything in particular about the position mix?

DE/LB Cliff Avril (Purdue)
CB Antoine Cason (Arizona)
DT Glenn Dorsey (LSU)
DE/OLB Vernon Gholston (Ohio State)
DE/LB Quentin Groves (Auburn)
DE/LB Jason Jones (Eastern Michigan)
CB Patrick Lee (Auburn)
LB Curtis Lofton (Oklahoma)
LB Jerod Mayo (Tennessee)
RB Darren McFadden (Arkansas)
CB Leodis McKelvin (Troy)
LB Keith Rivers (USC)
DE/LB Darrell Robertson (Georgia Tech)
CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Tennessee State)
CB Aqib Talib (Kansas)
CB Terrell Thomas (USC)
CB Terrence Wheatley (Colorado)

Yup. McFadden and every defensive player known to mankind.

If you're prepared to spend #7 on an OL, a little more research might be in order. When was the last time this FO was known to be negligent in due diligence?

I agree with the opinion that OL is not on our draft card, in any way. Clady and JLong and Albert don't represent value.

Here's a hint. Check out the list of invitees that Reiss listed as visiting the Pats. Notice anything in particular about the position mix?

DE/LB Cliff Avril (Purdue)
CB Antoine Cason (Arizona)
DT Glenn Dorsey (LSU)
DE/OLB Vernon Gholston (Ohio State)
DE/LB Quentin Groves (Auburn)
DE/LB Jason Jones (Eastern Michigan)
CB Patrick Lee (Auburn)
LB Curtis Lofton (Oklahoma)
LB Jerod Mayo (Tennessee)
RB Darren McFadden (Arkansas)
CB Leodis McKelvin (Troy)
LB Keith Rivers (USC)
DE/LB Darrell Robertson (Georgia Tech)
CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Tennessee State)
CB Aqib Talib (Kansas)
CB Terrell Thomas (USC)
CB Terrence Wheatley (Colorado)

Totally agree with this. And OT, but does Jason Jones leap out to anybody else as a head-scratcher? Seems undersized for DE, not nearly quick enough for OLB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes