PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you like Coby Fleener as a no2 TE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinFaulk-33

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
He's a pass-catching tight end who hasn't lived up to the hype. And he is a Colts. But can be a mismatch in McDaniels offense. What do you think?

Not sure about his blocking ability, but I'm assuming that he's another TE who's basically a glorified receiver.

I'd still be interested at the right price, sure.

He's probably a better fit than Scott Chandler. Someone will pay him more than what the Pats would likely pay, if they're even interested. We may also pick a TE with our 1st round pick. Oops, I forgot, there is no 1st round talent (Hunter Henry may sneak in though) for TE's. Maybe with our 2nd round pick :)

Hard to tell many of these guys have done ok in other systems only to crap the bed here..

Think Chandler was hurt most of last year, he was not the same guy who played for Buffalo previously..

Hard to tell many of these guys have done ok in other systems only to crap the bed here..

Think Chandler was hurt most of last year, he was not the same guy who played for Buffalo previously..
Chandler was despised in Buffalo. People there celebrated when he left. The only games he would do something of notice was against us.

He was a bust-signing. It happens, life moves on and the 2nd TE position must be upgraded

Chandler was despised in Buffalo. People there celebrated when he left. The only games he would do something of notice was against us.

He was a bust-signing. It happens, life moves on and the 2nd TE position must be upgraded

Yep- Not every FA signing works out. The key is that they didn't over-commit financially so if the team decides to move on there isn't a substantial residual on the 2016 cap.

Should have let BB know..

Not at the price tag that he's likely to come with. Someone will offer more than the Pats.

There are lots of tight ends that I'd want as a #2, but very few that I'd want as a #2 while paying them #1 money. Fleener is a perfect example of that.

What expectations did you people have for a #2 TE that plays behind Gronk, honestly... His numbers said that he was one of the better backup/#2 TEs in the league last year behind Zach Miller and Ladarius Green both who saw increased playing time because the guys in front of them (Bennett and Gates) missed 5 games each.

Do you people have it in your heads that for him to be considered successful he had to have hernandez like numbers?

Last edited:
I like him as the number 2 TE.

What expectations did you people have for a #2 TE that plays behind Gronk, honestly... His numbers said that he was one of the better backup/#2 TEs in the league last year behind Zach Miller and Ladarius Green both who saw increased playing time because the guys in front of them (Bennett and Gates) missed 5 games each.

Do you people have it in your heads that for him to be considered successful he had to have hernandez like numbers?
No, a competent blocker would be a nice start, catching what's thrown to him would be nice too. Chandler got close to half his stats in the two games Gronk missed. 9-119-2 out of 23-259-4. Don't be fooled by his stats though as he had 9 drops in those two games as well.

No, a competent blocker would be a nice start, catching what's thrown to him would be nice too. Chandler got close to half his stats in the two games Gronk missed. 9-119-2 out of 23-259-4. Don't be fooled by his stats though as he had 9 drops in those two games as well.

You people that thought he was gonna have some huge impact fooled yourselves... Not me. I only saw him as a backup to Gronk and possibly another big red zone target...

As for him getting half his stats in games Gronk missed, well then he met my expectation of being a competent backup to Gronk and stepping up when Gronk was out...

Antonio Gates at vet min is a MUCH better option.
If PEDtonio is even an option. Reports are he wants to finish his career in San Diego (Or LA...). Would be cool to see him here playing for a competent organization.

Disagree on this, Chandler made too many critical drops and Brady wanted nothing to do with him when it mattered down the stretch. They should move on from him and try to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes