PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you give up one of the number 1 picks for.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Randy Moss, I know the rumors are just that, but the Packers seem to be making a push for him.. With us more than likley giving up number 2 to Miami, would we give one of the number 1 picks to the Raiders for Randy Moss??? If he was willing to redo his contract, I say do it.. I know LB and Saftey are a need that could be addressed in the draft, but using Randy Moss for a couple of yrs , like we got out of Corey Dillon, would be a big asset ..

Then again I know its fantasy land, but hey I also thought getting Adalius Thomas was fantasy land, so anything could happen...

I just want to see for once Brady back to pass and throw it up and let a reciever like Moss make a play.. It would be nice..

Last edited:
Are you kidding? NOOOOOO.

HELL NO. The thought of it would make me want to jump off the bridge.

Caldwell, Welker and Gaffney are three very solid and productive players.

Welker has definitley been better in Miami last year than Caldwell or Gaffney have ever been in their years with the Chargers or Texans. Gaffney has been decent with the Texans but Wes did a good job in Miami last year. I have heard loads of talk about Troy comparisons. Welker is a great returner and I think he can be a terrific WR, especially with Brady. For all I know Welker could beat out both Reche and Gaffney as the #1 reciever. I think it is not a stretch that Welker can get around 80 catches a season. 3 very solid productive and hard working recievers who will do their best to help us win. Moss is past his glory days, he is not someone I could depend on as a hard worker. I'd much rather prefer Welker, Caldwell, Gaffney than I would to sign Randy Moss.

Last edited:
It was rumored the Raiders were willing to take a 3rd for him. i wouldn't take him if you paid me. he hasn't been good for 3 years.

I'm done with crap. Dillon was a good guy for a year. You are what you are. I don't want Moss. End of story.

Randy Moss, I know the rumors are just that, but the Packers seem to be making a push for him.. With us more than likley giving up number 2 to Miami, would we give one of the number 1 picks to the Raiders for Randy Moss??? If he was willing to redo his contract, I say do it.. I know LB and Saftey are a need that could be addressed in the draft, but using Randy Moss for a couple of yrs , like we got out of Corey Dillon, would be a big asset ..

Then again I know its fantasy land, but hey I also thought getting Adalius Thomas was fantasy land, so anything could happen...

I just want to see for once Brady back to pass and throw it up and let a reciever like Moss make a play.. It would be nice..

no, not even close (unless he wants to sign for $1M/yr)

It was rumored the Raiders were willing to take a 3rd for him. i wouldn't take him if you paid me. he hasn't been good for 3 years.

Maybe that's because he's on a sorry a@s team... Moss could be great again, just needs to find the right system and right attitude adjustment... I don't think he's a "patriot mold", so I would be surprised to see him here...

no...............................

I wouldn't take a #3 to make up for the cap hit, let alone give a #3.

Not after giving up a 2 for Welker. This team has need at several positions. Giving up 2 picks about about 11 million of cap room assumes that WR is our one and only need.

No! NO! NOOOOOO!!!!

But L Biggs for the #24..... in a heartbeat.

No. What? No.

HELL NO. The thought of it would make me want to jump off the bridge.

Caldwell, Welker and Gaffney are three very solid and productive players.

Welker has definitley been better in Miami last year than Caldwell or Gaffney have ever been in their years with the Chargers or Texans. Gaffney has been decent with the Texans but Wes did a good job in Miami last year. I have heard loads of talk about Troy comparisons. Welker is a great returner and I think he can be a terrific WR, especially with Brady. For all I know Welker could beat out both Reche and Gaffney as the #1 reciever. I think it is not a stretch that Welker can get around 80 catches a season. 3 very solid productive and hard working recievers who will do their best to help us win. Moss is past his glory days, he is not someone I could depend on as a hard worker. I'd much rather prefer Welker, Caldwell, Gaffney than I would to sign Randy Moss.

Even with the addition of Welker, it does not eliminate the need of WR. Welker is not the savior, they still need to upgrade the position. The recievers you listed above will not scare any opposing DB's next season.

If Beoli feel as though giving up a 1st for Moss would better ensure we win next years SB then who am I to disagree .....................

I would give up a # 1 pick , assuming obviously that bellichick has talked with moss and feels he really wants to be here. When this guy is on his game he changes the way d-fences play him like no one ever has. he makes maroney and watson and potentionally welker in the slot much more effective. And I know it's a risk, but a late round first round draft choice isn't a lock either, we could land another katzenmoyer, and it's not like it's our only first round pick we have. If your going to pay welker 5 mill. a year I could live with paying moss 8 mill. a year, or better yet something lower, loaded with incentives. It's Not like the guy killed anyone, he's just been spoiled, and some of that blame goes on the Vikings, and Raiders, who both had very little discipline.
So My Answer Is Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey