PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you dine at Shula's Steak House?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not support a business owned by any ex-dolphins or current ones for that matter. I avoided Hess gas stations for years even when it meant paying more since Leon Hess owned the Jests.

I did however eat lunch at Elway's here in Denver. Wasn't my choice. I was entertaining out of town guests and that's where they wanted to do. So my track record is not perfect.

Been to the one in Ft. Lauderdale, atmosphere is great, and it is expensive, but what the heck, it was a business dinner. Unfortunately, I was not that impressed with the service. To give them the benefit of the doubt, it was a large party, 20+ people, but one end of the table was still waiting on their entre while the other end had almost completed theirs. Several of us in the middle decided to wait for everyone to be served, only to have our meals go stone cold.

And no, I would not go back to this one or any other.

Well, given those prices, and service you found wanting, why not just take the whole entourage up to Cafe Escadrille? Sure, you'll pay (I did!), but the fairly fawn over you there.

We had a great experience (after refinancing the mortgage!).

I would and I have already in Fort Lauderdale.The place is simply tremendous.I'm glad He's coming to Providence.We should all call in and book reservations under the name Mark Henderson ! I wonder if He would enjoy the joke? :D

Don Shula has opened another of his Steak House chain restaurants,This time in the New England Area in Providence,RI.

If there is one thing I will always dislike about Miami who I hate the most of all teams in the NFL is the fact that Don Shula was Head Coach and I truly could not stand the guy. If I lived in Providence I could not see me or any diehard Patriots fan dine in his restaurants unless you actually respected him,I know it may not be a big deal but I could never give him business no matter how good his Steaks are there,If there are good at all?

Would it matter to you if he was the owner of this chain and would you dine there?

I can tell you for certain,alot of Miami's fans would not go to a restaurant entitled 'Tom Brady's Bistro' if it opened near Pro Player Stadium :D

If I weighed 500 Lbs I still would not go on Shula's and Marinos weight loss pills that they promote on commercial TV,if it was the only diet ever proven to work,I feel as if they were successful in thier promotional presentation if I did,Thats REALLY how much I can't stand either guy. :D

Not to mention nowaday's Peyton commercials too,would never buy the stuff he sells either....Although I have been guilty of using my MasterCard recently :D :D

Ive eaten at shula's and it was excellent

If its good steak then im eating it no matter what old coach has his name on the door..

Somebody needs to send this to Fitzy for his next Wicked Pissa Web Cast.

"I'd rather walk around naked in a depends diaper doused in Tabasco sauce than go to Shula's, I'd rather............"

I have eaten at one when I went on a Pats group trip.. It was a pretty bad trip, but the place was not that bad...

If the food was decent I probably would,dont imagine you would be harrassed by legions of Finns fans as you ate....hope not anyway...,BTW,what year was the snowplow game,I remember watching it and ,yes,I got a kick out of the dog and pony show that went on after we made the FG.Guess I am gettin' old....

1982 was the year of the snowplow if I am not mistaken,maybe 1983

I would not support a business owned by any ex-dolphins or current ones for that matter. I avoided Hess gas stations for years even when it meant paying more since Leon Hess owned the Jests.

I did however eat lunch at Elway's here in Denver. Wasn't my choice. I was entertaining out of town guests and that's where they wanted to do. So my track record is not perfect.
BANG

Dead on.

As much as I hate the guy and all he represents, I've been to the Shula's in Ft. Lauderdale, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Other than the fact that the steaks were all above 35 dollars, the entire dining experience was amazing

Och, that settles it fer me then Laddie. I'll dinna be goin there.

Last edited:
I Was a salesman calling on the Miami area for several years. Starting going to Shula's in Miami Lakes right after it opened. Went there 3-4 times a month. Customers loved it. food wasn't bad either. After I retired I took a Year consult job in Miami and wound getting a studio appartment at Shulas Execu. appts. and then ate at Shulas on a weekly basis. Now live in GA and wish there was one around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes