PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you dine at Shula's Steak House?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Don Shula has opened another of his Steak House chain restaurants,This time in the New England Area in Providence,RI.

If there is one thing I will always dislike about Miami who I hate the most of all teams in the NFL is the fact that Don Shula was Head Coach and I truly could not stand the guy. If I lived in Providence I could not see me or any diehard Patriots fan dine in his restaurants unless you actually respected him,I know it may not be a big deal but I could never give him business no matter how good his Steaks are there,If there are good at all?

Would it matter to you if he was the owner of this chain and would you dine there?

I can tell you for certain,alot of Miami's fans would not go to a restaurant entitled 'Tom Brady's Bistro' if it opened near Pro Player Stadium :D

If I weighed 500 Lbs I still would not go on Shula's and Marinos weight loss pills that they promote on commercial TV,if it was the only diet ever proven to work,I feel as if they were successful in thier promotional presentation if I did,Thats REALLY how much I can't stand either guy. :D

Not to mention nowaday's Peyton commercials too,would never buy the stuff he sells either....Although I have been guilty of using my MasterCard recently :D :D

Who's buying?

I have nothing against the guy, but there was a certain amount of resentment based on the sainthood he was bestowed by the media.

I don't know if you're old enough, but watching him bust a gussett after Henderson came out with the snowplow was one of the most enjoyable TV moments I've ever experienced.

I would eat there and if he was in the Restaurant I'd ask to meet him. When he asked what I did for a living, I'd say I drive a snowplow.

I bet I could still get a few of those veins to pop out in his neck and head.

I have nothing against the guy, but there was a certain amount of resentment based on the sainthood he was bestowed by the media.

I don't know if you're old enough, but watching him bust a gussett after Henderson came out with the snowplow was one of the most enjoyable TV moments I've ever experienced.

I would eat there and if he was in the Restaurant I'd ask to meet him. When he asked what I did for a living, I'd say I drive a snowplow.

I bet I could still get a few of those veins to pop out in his neck and head.

Im 42 and I was going to mention that but most guys here probably only saw it on a Sabol film so I refrained from doing so,Thanks for bringing it up and yes,Shula looked a bit like a whiner when that happened,I was just hoping the inmate would go over and continue plowing,sucking up Shula in the process.

What a hilarious moment EVER in New England Sports History and for those who missed it,Sorry but nothing like it may ever be seen like that again,The only thing better than the plow incident was the Score NE 3 MIA 0 :D

As much as I hate the guy and all he represents, I've been to the Shula's in Ft. Lauderdale, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Other than the fact that the steaks were all above 35 dollars, the entire dining experience was amazing.

As much as I hate the guy and all he represents, I've been to the Shula's in Ft. Lauderdale, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Other than the fact that the steaks were all above 35 dollars, the entire dining experience was amazing.

I've been to that one too. It was quite good but very expensive. I think my family got out of there for around $150 for 4.

I pretty much live in Providence, so I'll check it out.

great place i ate there in indy when at the championship, on par with Mortons, Capital Grille, RUth chris, good eats

I went to Shula's Steak House in Ft. Lauderdale and agree that it is an amazing experience. The restaurant he opened in Providence is his Grill not the Steak House so it may be a little cheaper.

I went to Shula's Steak House in Ft. Lauderdale and agree that it is an amazing experience. The restaurant he opened in Providence is his Grill not the Steak House so it may be a little cheaper.

Yeah, the Grill is nothing special, although much more budget-friendly. I wish I could remember where I was when I ate there. Baltimore, I think.

If you love steak, and you don't mind paying for it, you should dine at Shula's. Although I don't think it's as good as Ditka's in Chicago.

"Im 42 and I was going to mention that but most guys here probably only saw it on a Sabol film"

I saw it! Right in front of me! We were actually right there on the 20 yard line or so, with our butts stuck to the aluminum, praying that he would make it so there wouldn't be overtime. I don't remember it so well, because it wasn't really until we got home that we understood the controversy, although in the haze after the game, we remembered that my dad did notice it and say, "I didn't know they could do that" or something.

At least I think that's what happened. Getting old is for the freaking birds.

FWIW, BB absolutely loves Shula, he fumbles over his words heaping praise on him, he's got so much respect for him as a coach.

Been to the one in Ft. Lauderdale, atmosphere is great, and it is expensive, but what the heck, it was a business dinner. Unfortunately, I was not that impressed with the service. To give them the benefit of the doubt, it was a large party, 20+ people, but one end of the table was still waiting on their entre while the other end had almost completed theirs. Several of us in the middle decided to wait for everyone to be served, only to have our meals go stone cold.

And no, I would not go back to this one or any other.

Been their myself, a fine establishment. Brought home some souvenir napkins and stole a pen. Lighten up, he's an old man, now if Steve Fisher opened up a hot dog stand in Woonsocket RI that would be a different story.

I would never eat at Shula's ...just because in those diet commercials that he and his wife are in, Mrs Shula keeps calling her husband "Coach". "Coach really likes chocolate cake" ." Coach loves eating pu***". Besides, every dollar of profit out of that restaurant goes towards more plastic surgery for Mrs Coach.

I've been to one somewhere. Forget which city. It's fine. But if you're gonna blow that kind of money on steak, Morton's or Smith and Wollensky have better wine lists and better food.

Do they have a Mark Henderson Room there? :singing: Or how about having him there for the ribbon cutting, sitting on his tractor (which is still at Gilette, BTW)

Do they have a Mark Henderson Room there? :singing: Or how about having him there for the ribbon cutting, sitting on his tractor (which is still at Gilette, BTW)

I heard he has the plowing contract when it snows.

Really, I don't hold anything against Don Shula - never really did. Good coach, smart guy.

I have nothing against Shula. All-time NFL leader in coaching wins, coach of the Dolphins perfect season, and coach of the Colts when they became the first old NFL team to lose to the AFL! Seriously, he was a great coach, and I have no reason to dislike him personally. I am sure BB would have busted a gut too if something like Mark Henderson's snowplow happened to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes