PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you deal #7 pick to Dallas for picks 22 and 28?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take the trade in a heartbeat, even if it is under valued. A lot of people claim they should keep it.. they won't have aother opportunity like this...blah blah blah...

It is more than that. If they pick at 7, he would become one of the highest paid players on the team. There would be locker room ramifications, they wouldn't pay Branch the $, they wouldn't pay Law the $, They wouldn't pay Samuel, the $.
Now they're going to sign a rookie to a $7.5 to $8 million a season average contract?

I doubt it.

Last year (off the top of my head) the 22 pick was less than $2 mil a season, and 28 was less than that.

Two players for a less than $4mill a season.

I would trade out of that #7 pick for a bag of used footballs, and a bent goalpost.:D

Barry

Now they're going to sign a rookie to a $7.5 to $8 million a season average contract?

Is this based on the player making each and every incentive??

What does the 7th overall pick make if he does not make each and every incentive??

I was talking Max contract.

Five year Value, would be more like 5yr/$25M at 7.
$5M a season

22 would be about 1.75 a Season
28 would be about 1.5 a Season.

Barry

No, at 7 we have a chance to get a potential Great player.

See Tom Brady 6th round in 2000

See Troy Brown 8th Round in 1993

and on and on....

Last edited:
Just to add to the chorus:

Yes. In a heartbeat.

I would take the trade.

But I wouldn't do it for a #1 and Dallas' next year's #1.

They both have to be this year's picks.

If next year, it'll be the #31 and 32 picks in the draft. No thanks.

That would be like trading Dom Cromartie-Rodgers or Vern Gholston for Antoine Cason and next year's #31 pick.

Not good enough for me.

If you said Cason and Quentin Groves for Cromartie-Rodgers, then we're talking a little more sense.

I don't think McFadden is going in the top ten.

Would I make the trade ? Depends I guess. Those are late picks. If the team has whoever's left rated as a good prospect then I'd do it. But if a Gholston or a DRC is there and the teams rates them as a pro bowler then I trust my scouting as take the player.

as a matter of principle, yeah, since top 10 picks are overpriced and 22/28 fall in the draft value sweet-spot that people like to talk about. also, for what it's worth, the 22 and 28 picks are worth 1,440 points combined and the 7 is worth 1,500, so if McFadden is available the boys might be hungry enough to throw in a 4th--6th round pick. you never know how those sixth rounders are going to turn out :singing:

I'd do this no question. I think they'd have to thrown in another mid round pick, but we could grab a quality CB and LB (or any combination of two quality contributors). Unlike last year, there are a few open roster spots that good rookies could claim.

I would take the trade.

But I wouldn't do it for a #1 and Dallas' next year's #1.

They both have to be this year's picks.

If next year, it'll be the #31 and 32 picks in the draft. No thanks.

That would be like trading Dom Cromartie-Rodgers or Vern Gholston for Antoine Cason and next year's #31 pick.

Don't forget the cap savings in year two, which would not be small potatoes; it could be the difference (for example) between having Rodgers-Cromartie/Gholston in 2009 or having Cason and room to extend Gaffney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back