PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you buy this snake oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmarkd400x

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Foxboro. December 23, 2007.

The Dolphins are set to match up against the Patriots in a tilt sure to have historic implications. The Patriots will attempt to extend their unbeaten season Sunday, against the only team in the NFL to currently boast a complete undefeated season (17-0 in 1972). New England, winners of 14 straight, have begin to falter as of late. The Patriots have done but their best escape artist impression, winning games by 3, 3, and 10 in 3 out of their last 4 contests.

The Miami Dolphins, while their record is not unblemished, are riding a hot streak. The Dolphins extended their longest win streak of the season with a 22-16 overtime win against the intimidating Ravens team (who, by the way, only lost to New England by 3 in a drama filled last second scoring drive). Although we all know that the final score means little, its hard to look at a New England three point victory and a Miami 6 point victory and not think that the Dolphins have a great chance to derail history.

The game will be in Foxboro, and many will point to home field providing the edge. Not so against these Dolphins. Miami is equally adept at winning on the road as they are at home, with only one less win on the road then at home. Let's not forget that the Dolphins scored 21 fourth quarter points last time these teams met. No other team has scored that many fourth quarter points against this Patriots team.

While the matchup may not look that close on paper, those smart enough to read between the lines know that this game will be close.

Prediction: Miami 34 New England 31

I think Miami is better than people give them credit for, but there is no way New England loses this game. NE by 14.

I'm sure the team realizes that Miami is high off of their first win of the year and will bring their best to Foxboro on Sunday.

The media can hype it all they want, it probably won't change the way the Pats do business on the practice field this week.

The Miami Dolphins, while their record is not unblemished, are riding a hot streak.

One game is a STREAK? :eek:

The Dolphins are set to match up against the Patriots in a tilt sure to have historic implications. The Patriots will attempt to extend their unbeaten season Sunday, against the only team in the NFL to currently boast a complete undefeated season (17-0 in 1972). New England, winners of 14 straight, have begin to falter as of late. The Patriots have done but their best escape artist impression, winning games by 3, 3, and 10 in 3 out of their last 4 contests.

The Miami Dolphins, while their record is not unblemished, are riding a hot streak. The Dolphins extended their longest win streak of the season with a 22-16 overtime win against the intimidating Ravens team (who, by the way, only lost to New England by 3 in a drama filled last second scoring drive). Although we all know that the final score means little, its hard to look at a New England three point victory and a Miami 6 point victory and not think that the Dolphins have a great chance to derail history.

The game will be in Foxboro, and many will point to home field providing the edge. Not so against these Dolphins. Miami is equally adept at winning on the road as they are at home, with only one less win on the road then at home. Let's not forget that the Dolphins scored 21 fourth quarter points last time these teams met. No other team has scored that many fourth quarter points against this Patriots team.

While the matchup may not look that close on paper, those smart enough to read between the lines know that this game will be close.

Prediction: Miami 34 New England 31

Miami with 34 against the Pats? Youre not serious are you? Those guys only scored the points they did in that first game because they were down by 35 at the half. THIRTY-FIVE. NE will step back up and hammer Miami into the ground like the scrubs they are. Good to see them win a game. But that game wont be close. NE by 30.

Where did this article come from? It appears to be tongue-in-cheek. In other words, "You can't be serious?"

While I expect Miami to put up a fight, I don't expect Brady to have two bad games in a row.

Where did this article come from? It appears to be tongue-in-cheek. In other words, "You can't be serious?"

While I expect Miami to put up a fight, I don't expect Brady to have two bad games in a row.

I wrote it. I called it snake oil for a reason. The posts previous to yours tell me people would buy it. I also have some headlight fluid for sale if anyone is interested.

This article can't be serious :)

Nice one. Got me all smiling on reading about the 'streak'.

I am coming there to see the game ths Sunday. Hopefully,

(a) the weather is decent
(b) the Pats put up enough points on the board for a W

The only way Miami scores 34 is if NE is up by 70 at the half. It will either be another low-scoring win or a blowout.

New England, winners of 14 straight, have begin to falter as of late. The Patriots have done but their best escape artist impression, winning games by 3, 3, and 10 in 3 out of their last 4 contests.

Hehe, good snake oil. I love how a 10-point win is considered 'faltering'. Oh, and the game not mentioned in that stretch? NE won by 21 :rolleyes:

Yep, we're doomed, no doubt about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back