PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you bring him back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on SS Lawyer Milloy this upcoming offseason. He is testing the performance vs. return for the money question.

If Milloy is cut from the Bills would you be open to bringing him back for the right price? I don't know what kind of $$$ we would be looking at, but would he be worth using while waiting for/and with Rodney at SS? Hawkins did a fine job, but wouldn't Milloy be an upgrade?

Digger44 said:
Hawkins did a fine job, but wouldn't Milloy be an upgrade?
Milloy is the better player but not the better value.

BelichickFan said:
Milloy is the better player but not the better value.

not a better value based on what?

Digger44 said:
not a better value based on what?
Money. Hawkins/Sanders are about minimum salary guys whereas Milloy would probably still get a couple million from someone.

BelichickFan said:
Money. Hawkins/Sanders are about minimum salary guys whereas Milloy would probably still get a couple million from someone.
If he did, it would be on reputation only. I would not want him back.

If he signs a deal BB considers value - I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I would definately welcome him back for a reasonbale salary. First things first though, he would have a lot of splainin' to do.

Am I nuts because I'm satisfied with Hawk in there until Rodney comes back?

Digger44 said:
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on SS Lawyer Milloy this upcoming offseason. He is testing the performance vs. return for the money question.

If Milloy is cut from the Bills would you be open to bringing him back for the right price? I don't know what kind of $$$ we would be looking at, but would he be worth using while waiting for/and with Rodney at SS? Hawkins did a fine job, but wouldn't Milloy be an upgrade?

No way :eek: . What happened to the family atmosphere up in Buffalo. I still remember the day when he came back with the Bills and started mouthing off at the camera with Sam Gash after that win. No thanks we wouldn't want to take him away fromt that family atmosphere up there. :rolleyes:

He burned that bridge.

It won't happen because Milloy is simply too slow to play here again. Belichick wants to get younger and faster, he is achieving both. Signing Milloy is a step backwards.

Also, we have good memories of his play here for the most part...he could ruin that with no advantage of adding to his legend here.

Not me, he's is no longer a Patriot type of player.

F.B.N. said:
It won't happen because Milloy is simply too slow to play here again. Belichick wants to get younger and faster, he is achieving both. Signing Milloy is a step backwards.

Also, we have good memories of his play here for the most part...he could ruin that with no advantage of adding to his legend here.

Milloy is as fast as Harrison at the very least, probably a little faster. If he were really wanting to get faster, why did he ever bring Harrison in? If anything, the past has shown that Belichick wants a SS that plays like a LB.

For me this is really simple. The question is whether Belichick thinks that the addition of Milloy and the subtraction of some scrub is of sufficient value to justify what we would have to pay for Milloy. Will Milloy make the team better? Of course I'd rather have Milloy than say Stone. The question is value for extra money.

BTW, what Milloy said to whom matters to posters, not to Belichick. Of course, being fired with a week before the season is likely to have Milloy considering the patriots as his very last resort. At least, that would be my position. I would be talking to Miami or PITT.
-------------

With regard to the above discussion, ditto for Ty Law, expect that he is much more likely to WANT to come to the patriots than Milloy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes