Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I'm sick of The Boston Globe's anti-Patriots bias, Mike Reiss notwithstanding. Jackie McMullen's incomplete Ted Johnson story is the last straw. I personally have decided never again to purchase the newspaper's print version, though I will continue to read Reiss online. Anyone else feel the same way? Perhaps we can send the Globe a message.

You don't have to worry much. The NYTimes reported that thee lost 2/3 of BILLION dollars last Quarter. They said a good portion came from the Boston subsidiary The Boston Globe.

Now its clear that the NY Times has been driven into the ground by the faimily idiot "Pinch" Sulzberger, destroying all that the good that his family has built up.

But it take real skill to lose that much money. But then all you have to do is look a the sports coverage of the local football team and outside of relative newcomer Mike Reiss, they could fire all the other dopes and the Boston citiizenry would get out and start a parade!:bricks:

Dude McMullen is such a *****. I emailed her asking why she hated BB so much and made up lies about him on Around the Horn and she said he was a flawed man. ISNT EVERYBODY YOU DUMB WOMAN. And she failed miserably at trying to make fun of me in it. *****! I dont know, she used to be decent but now she has taken the path to Dark Side. Once you go there you cant come back.

I totally despise the Globe...at least the sports section. I would still read the other sections for other news. Reiss is good though. Seriously if we could I'd ship Borges and any other negative writer out to Indianapolis. Maybe they have positive sports writers. If they did, I'd swap in a heart beat. I hate Boston, I HATE Boston.

Last edited:
I don't know how anyone could read that liberal rag anyways.

I'll stick to the Boston Herald.

No Tune, I boycott scribblers like Borges and now McMullen, but Reiss and Gasper and the others who actually report news are worth reading.

No Tune, I boycott scribblers like Borges and now McMullen, but Reiss and Gasper and the others who actually report news are worth reading.

I'm talking about boycotting PURCHASE of the print version only. Like I said, I'll continue to read Reiss online. It appears that withholding our financial support is the only way to send a message.

After a Patriots win I always look forward to reading Reiss's lengthly recap of the game in the Sports section and thats about it.

Frankly I'll read just about anything, by anyone. I even like some of Borges's stuff when he doesn't write about BB. Some stuff by the media I find annoying some I don't but that's what different opinions are supposed to do. It'd be pretty boring to read nothing but praise all the time and probably not the real story. BB's taking some hits of late and some, IMO, have been self inflicted. He's a bit of a strange guy, IMO. His cold shoulder to Mangini and the strange interview with Soloman Wilcots were odd behavior. Hey, I don't want any other HC of the Patriots, but he doesn't have to do some of the things he does at times.

Remember the first big article that broke on Asante being unhappy and wanting the big payday? If memory serves me that was also by McMullen and posted just before our payoff stretch which was not by accident.

If you could get something going, I would support it. A lot of people will tell you that its a waste of time. However, remember last year when 1000 people walked out of an Orioles game? That got pretty good coverage. Again, probably not much comes of it.

I would suggest that if you do get a bunch of people to stop buying the paper, you should somehow let the globe's biggest advertisers know. Go straight to the source. Lets say you get 25,000 people to start badmouthing the globe and no longer purchasing the print copy. You could send a communication to say, Bank of America, or even a locally based company like Staples, and inform them that the movement is underway, then you cut out the Globe's legs. See if you just take up the boycott, The Globe will just spin a decline in subscribers as natural subscription fluctuations.

Also, you'll never get places like Cumberland Farms to not carry the paper, but if you your local 5 and dime to not carry the Globe, that would help too.

Just some thoughts...

I'm talking about boycotting PURCHASE of the print version only. Like I said, I'll continue to read Reiss online. It appears that withholding our financial support is the only way to send a message.
:rofl: In that case I've boycotted them my entire life! But clicking on Reiss' pieces helps advertising, so unless we have a designated cut & paste poster, you can't escape pouring a few pennies into Pinch's slush fund.

I'll boycott Borges, but that's about it.

MacMullan has always been fine to me. Cafardo is fine. Ryan is fine. Shaughnessy is fine. Gasper and Reiss and May and Lee are great.

Boycotting the Globe would be too extreme.

I don't subscribe to the NY Globe though I do click on articles via BSM and I read Reiss of course. If someone comes up with a plan besides not buying the actual paper-I'm in.
I've become absolutely disgusted with MacMullen's recent Patriotgate BS,starting with the Asante article and culminating with this. I have always respected her writings but lately she's become nothing but a scoop-breaking press-ho.Does she think she'll get a Pulitzer?
In fairness,maybe it's not all her fault; the paper obviously knows Borges has no credibility left so they're assigning their anti-Pats campaign to their more credible writers,hoping Patriotgate will therefore garner more credible attention.
Either way this campaign to crumble the Dynasty is so transparent it's sickening,and I agree with Tuna-it's time we tried to do something about it instead of just b****ing on here about every offensive article we come across.
I'd love it if Reiss walked out and went to the Herald.

Already do!! I have been for quite sometime....Jackie Mac used to be good, but she's gone down hill in a hurry!

Could it be that the Globe writers are drinking too much on the job, and it's not so much that they hate the Patriots, but that their minds are addled by too much Jameson's?

Read this from Bob Ryan this morning. What a brainfart:

"A lot of people were seeking Dan Klecko this week because he can offer a unique perspective. No one else here has played for both the Patriots and the Colts, and recently, too. No one else can offer a take on such interesting items as Coach Bill vs. Coach Tony and Peyton The Pitchman vs. Tom The Heartthrob."

Yes. I don't mind reading his columns.

Why the negativity? It's the Boston [Globe] Sports Section, not Patriots Football Daily.

Last edited:
Why the negativity? It's the Boston [Globe] Sports Section, not Patriots Football Daily.

Dude, you have got to be kidding. You haven't picked up on the anti-Pats/pro-baseball bias?

BB hates Parcells----Parcells best friend was Will McDonough----Jackie McMullen's hero and mentor at Globe was Will McDonough----Thus the poison pen by McMullen on Belichick that just happens to hit as the national football media hype reaches it's peak in Miami only a few days away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back