PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you be mad if we draft QB in rd 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I would.

The team OWES it to Brady to surround him with the best possible team to win within the next few years, which will be his last in the NFL.

Why waste a Rd 1 pick on QB to sit on the bench for the next 2-3 years when we could use it on a TE to catch passes, or a DE/DT to get after opposing QB's and get the ball back in Bradys hands.

Plus we would then have 3 roster spots used on QB's, and 2 of them being high draft picks who will never see the field. Say Manziel or one of the other QB's drops and we draft him.... then what? He sits behind Brady AND Mallet.

If Manziel drops, he would be Brady's backup. Mallett would be traded. This is a SAVINGS of a roster spot. If a quarterback is drafted later, then we will likely not trade Mallett and would carry 3 quarterbacks.
========

BTW, no one has suggested that we draft a quarterback in the first round.

I would.

The team OWES it to Brady to surround him with the best possible team to win within the next few years, which will be his last in the NFL.

Why waste a Rd 1 pick on QB to sit on the bench for the next 2-3 years when we could use it on a TE to catch passes, or a DE/DT to get after opposing QB's and get the ball back in Bradys hands.

Plus we would then have 3 roster spots used on QB's, and 2 of them being high draft picks who will never see the field. Say Manziel or one of the other QB's drops and we draft him.... then what? He sits behind Brady AND Mallet.

so, you're already getting ready to be all pizzed off at draft time?

what else are you going to be frothing at the mouth about by May 8th?

what would you do if BB traded OUT of the entire draft?

Depends on who the QB is. After all, after the Mallett for 2 #1's trade goes through, they'll have the draft capital.

I'd be astonished, but ... no. It's not my job to get mad at someone who knows far more than me and thinks things through for the good of the team. Sooner or later Mr Brady's successor has to be found. It's up to BB to decide when and how. Biggest decision in 15 years.

I'd feel worse if they drafted a wide receiver in round one.

Mad no, stunned yes.

IF (its a big if) the pats see a QB in the 1st round that they feel is the next guy then i am fine with taking him. Waiting for Brady to be finished and then being left saying "Now What" is not something i want for this team.

As it stands the Pats D should be good enough to compete for a superbowl. Their Offense is good enough to compete for a superbowl. There are not alot of starting jobs up for grabs.

Yeah at pick 29 i would take a backup DL or a backup OL or a backup TE, but if you tell me they target someone they feel is the future franchise QB then i would take that every day.

Honestly i dont see that QB in this draft. My Ideal scenario is picking up McCarron on day 2 of the draft. I dont know what McCarron will be in this league but give him a couple of years a Brady's backup and see what he can do. Obviously the problem with that is 3 years down the line you might have a scenario when McCarron is showing nothing and Brady is ready to ride into the sunset and we are left with no QB.

I would.

Bledsoe
Brady
Cassel
Brady

We have had three QBs leading this team for the last 20 years. What other teams can say that? Some teams start 3 QBs in ONE season. :D

If BB feels that Bridgewater or Manziel is a franchise QB, then that is well worth a 1st rounder. We would have the most important position secured for the next 15 years (Bradys next 3-4 years, then the rookie's next 10 to 12 years).

Sucky QB play weighs teams down no matter how talented they are. Look at the Seahawks before Wilson or the Browns last season. A franchise QB keeps his team in contention no matter how shaky it is (2005, 2006, 2013 Pats).

In conclusion, yes, I would sacrifice a TE/DT/DE/S for the chance to have the QB position secured for the next 15 years.

The people that want Mccarron are so lol. He's a middling QB who is worse than at least 5 QBs in this draft, you don't have to pathologically promote him just because he's a good old white boy who's a lower pick.
What an absolutely moronic comment.

This could be one of the dumber threads in recent weeks. But what do I know. Most of the threads I think are dumb run 30 pages. :rolleyes:

A 3rd QB is generally a developmental player, and you don't usually spend a 1st round pick for developmental players.

Mad is a strong word. I would be generally confused if we drafted a QB in the first round. I would not be shocked though if they take a QB at some point and carry 3 QBs this season.

lol quasi-racist middle aged white guys like moths to a flame getting defensive.

Tell me gentlemen, what are your thoughts on "running quarterbacks?" Are they the wave of the future or merely uppity oft-injureds with me-first personalities?

I don't know...let's ask world renowned genius, Richard Sherman what HE thinks...

lol quasi-racist middle aged white guys like moths to a flame getting defensive.

Tell me gentlemen, what are your thoughts on "running quarterbacks?" Are they the wave of the future or merely uppity oft-injureds with me-first personalities?
Here's an idea for you to chew on, moron: YOU are the one who introduced race to this discussion. If you're cruising to get banned, keep it up.

Here's an idea for you to chew on, moron: YOU are the one who introduced race to this discussion. If you're cruising to get banned, keep it up.

Funny how you show up to fight the good fight for the white race every time the topic comes up though.

Settle down gramps, no one's on your lawn right now

no no no...it's Jim Irsay's fault...he's a racist and owns Death Row Records so it's all the rich white guy's fault...Richard Sherman told me...and we all know Richard Sherman is the smartest ,most honest person in the entire world

The people that want Mccarron are so lol. He's a middling QB who is worse than at least 5 QBs in this draft, you don't have to pathologically promote him just because he's a good old white boy who's a lower pick.

Personally the only guy I'm almost positive is going to be a complete stud is Bridgewater. No one else is even in his class AFAICT.

Because Manziel is actually Black:screwy:

If they think McCarron is good they have to defend themselves against charges of racism by you? What a sanctimonious prick you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes