PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you be happy with this offseason??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanders is awful. the pats defense was awful. the pass defense was awful. they got no sacks. they got no int's. I guess we should wish for Eugene Wilson back at Safety. the forgotten man

Sanders is not awful.

Let Samuel walk
Trade the #7 to the Eagles for their #1 and Lito Sheppard
Resign Moss
Resign Brady
Resign Washington (I prefer Gaffney as a receiver, but you've gotta love Washington's mentality and ST contributions)
Draft a LB at #19
Draft OL in second round
let Gaffney walk, unless he's willing to take #4 money.
Sign Ty Law as a nickel

Starting Hobbs and Sheppard, with Law as a nickel, with Rodney, Sanders and Meriweather at safety would be fantastic. We'd then have Moss, Welker, Jackson and Washington at receiver, with Thomas hopefully stepping up as a blocking TE. We'd have a bit more OL depth, and Maroney/Morris/Faulk would be a great backfield.
I like these. How about picking up OLB/ILB Bobby Carpenter with a third rounder? He is about the stage Vrabel was at Pittsburgh (Ohio State too). Cowboys will move him. He's probably faster than any of our LBs. He's a good ST guy. Sorry Larry Izzo but BC might can play a little LB too. He also has a little NFL 'speriance BB loves. Hates to draft high end rookie LBs.
I am still adamant that the rebuilding Ravens need an OT and would take one of ours. How about our first and an OT (Kaczur?) for Ed Reed and their second rounder? BB loves Reed. He is 29 so it's not an age issue for the Pats but might be for the Ravens. The Ravens get #7 and #8 and can do damage. They also have two other decent safeties. Would they sacrifice Reed? Is his CAP a stinker on both ends?
DW Toys
P.S. It has been said the Kaczur might be a better LT. I do not know. He played it a couple years ago when Light was down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back