PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would we be interested in ..... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada's #1 Pats Fan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Over the last week or so there has been a lot of talk that the Steelers are more than likely going to release Joey Porter because of his cap charge. Is this a LB that the Pats may be interested in?

Or how about if the Chiefs release Kendrell Bell?

Both quality LB's with experience. Before you jump all over me saying that Bell has been a flop in KC maybe that's because he switched to the 4-3 rather than the 3-4 he played in Pitt. I believe he would be a great third ILB providing the Pats with great depth at the position.

Over the last week or so there has been a lot of talk that the Steelers are more than likely going to release Joey Porter because of his cap charge. Is this a LB that the Pats may be interested in?

Both quality LB's with experience. Before you jump all over me saying that Bell has been a flop in KC maybe that's because he switched to the 4-3 rather than the 3-4 he played in Pitt. I believe he would be a great third ILB providing the Pats with great depth at the position.

You can throw Edgerton Hartwell from Atlanta in the possible mix as well. He may get cut.

These guys look good, and sound good but can they stay healthy? Especially when we ask them to line-up strong side and slam into a 320 pound guard every play.

I think we will use more of a roation this year, it wil be interesting to see the cast of characters that are brought in for ILB.

heck they are all better than eric alexander

You can throw Edgerton Hartwell from Atlanta in the possible mix as well. He may get cut.

These guys look good, and sound good but can they stay healthy? Especially when we ask them to line-up strong side and slam into a 320 pound guard every play.

I think we will use more of a roation this year, it wil be interesting to see the cast of characters that are brought in for ILB.

Hartwell has been injured the past two seasons but will only be entering his 8th season. Not sure how much he would be looking for but I would not be against adding him.

If healthy, then Yes to Bell and Hartwell (who's entering his 7th season, I believe).

But a big fat No Effin Way to Porter.

Wasn't Bell supposed to be the next big thing at LB a few years back? Maybe he just needs to go back to a good system. And being part of a rotation, which is the way the Pats would probably use him, would improve his chances at staying healthy. Pretty much the same applies to Hartwell.

I prefer Bell, though. I'm under the impression (I could be wrong) that he's a lot more athletic and faster, which would help greatly in pass coverage.

wathcing the recap of the pats 04 season on ON DEMAND, bruschi talks about the steelers game on halloween when porter was screaming "their not on our level, they will never be at our level". Bruschi asked what had they ever won. I know Pats players dont like him either, especially brady. Not happening.

Wasn't Bell supposed to be the next big thing at LB a few years back? Maybe he just needs to go back to a good system. And being part of a rotation, which is the way the Pats would probably use him, would improve his chances at staying healthy. Pretty much the same applies to Hartwell.

I prefer Bell, though. I'm under the impression (I could be wrong) that he's a lot more athletic and faster, which would help greatly in pass coverage.

We sure some speed at that position...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back