PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would this be a "stab in the back" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
A friend of mine is contemplating getting a Lofa Tatupu jersey, although he's a Pats fan. He (and myself I guess for that matter) love the way the guy plays, and with his connection to the Pats (father Mosi, and born in NE), he thought it wouldn't be a big deal. Would this be considered a stab in the back to Patriots Nation in your opinion?

If he likes the guy, he likes the guy. I wouldn't get anything non Patriots but that's just me. I have no problem with Patriots fans liking players from other teams . . . it would be different if he rooted for the Seahawks over the Patriots.

drew4008 said:
A friend of mine is contemplating getting a Lofa Tatupu jersey, although he's a Pats fan. He (and myself I guess for that matter) love the way the guy plays, and with his connection to the Pats (father Mosi, and born in NE), he thought it wouldn't be a big deal. Would this be considered a stab in the back to Patriots Nation in your opinion?

If you wear a team's shirt it shows you follow the team -- and that you like whatever player it is. You can't wear a Seahawks shirt and not advertise your support for them. I have no problem with your friend rooting for the Seahawks; but I root for the Pats.

Did we have a shot at Lofa in the draft? Who did we take in that round, whatever it was, instead of him?

Get a throwback Mosi shirt

He was a second rounder and we traded out of the second round.

Get the Lofa shirt. And then marry Seahwaks-Patroits Chick. Then you can have seahawks-patriots kids. :singing:

drew4008 said:

For me the answer is yes. I'm happy for Lofa and it was fine seeing Mosi and mom wearing Lofa's shirt at the Super Bowl but, any time I see someone around here wearing any NFL gear that isn't Patriots gear they get a dirty look from me. :p

KDPpatsfan said:
He was a second rounder and we traded out of the second round.
He was selected before we made the trade. We would have had to use a first round pick on him. Hndsight says he might have been worth it,but at the time it was a tremendousreach for the Seahawks IIRC.

I don't see a problem with it...shoot, I have and wear a Chicago Brian Urlacher jersey.

drew4008 said:

Why would it denigrate the Pats in any way? It's not like Lofa is a guy who has a negative history regarding the Pats.
I feel that males much over their teen years shouldn't wear any football jerseys with other guys names on the back anyway.

PATSNUTme said:
Get the Lofa shirt. And then marry Seahwaks-Patroits Chick. Then you can have seahawks-patriots kids. :singing:

HA!! Now that is funny! I agree with the person who said to get a Mosi throw back jersey....kill two birds with one stone.

On a side note, it sucks that this is all we have to talk about........:(

Have your friend get Lofa's college jersey!

I see no problem with it. I myself sport a throwback Tomlinson powder blue jersey, a black Vick jersey, and I am looking at either a Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Boldin jersey. To me, unless its a Manning, Jets, Phins or other rival jersey, you can show respect to other players, as long as on Game Day, you sport the Pats colors. On a game day, I sport my Pats gear.

drew4008 said:

Yeah a stab in the back to us. We don't need any AFSt!nk pretenders wearing our jerseys.

SEA HAWKER said:
Yeah a stab in the back to us. We don't need any AFSt!nk pretenders wearing our jerseys.
Who are you really, why would a Seahawks fan come to a Patriots message board to complain. Are you PatsWickedPissah, you seem to invade the same threads.

First of all this is crazy

Second of all no it's not a 'stab in the back'

People show loyalty to their teams, no doubt but for me the only time I wouldn't wear something non patriot if it had been presented to me if it was The Steelers, Jets, or the Dolphins.

Those are the teams I hate most, I prolly wouldn't wear anything by the Giants or Panthers either.

Also didn't realize the kid played for UMaine, how does a school like UM get a player like that, then for him to leave a school that gave him a chance to play for the big time at USC, now that would be stabbing someone in the back.

I DEFINITELY wouldn't wear a Seahawks jersey, Tatupu or otherwise... because the uniform is the most foul-looking in the entire history of the NFL, if not sports in general.

SEA HAWKER said:
Yeah a stab in the back to us.

That's a good idea. Maybe someone at the metal hospital will do just that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back