PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would they hire Weis now if it was an emergency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few of those games were dealing with significant weather elements too let's not ignore that. Weather has not been a factor this year except MAYBE 2nd half of Carolina, but that's not one that was a struggle.

Weather was a factor today.

They won, so we must still be in the stone age. Also, the Colts are 14-0 with that philosophy.

Colts have an O'line that protects (holds) for Manning on all pass plays
We don't

He sees no pressure at all and therefore can search the field ad nauseum
Those rare occasions Brady has time he is fixated on Welker and double teamed Randy.

Your example is flawed
I think the Colts playbook is more varied than the 5 play O'Brien flyer anyway

IMHO

I don't think Weis would change much at all. I think McDaniels would have us producing a lot more, but not Weis.

Weis is the best OC this team had, much better than McDaniels. He would definitely not stick to an empty backfield that is totally useless at this point.

Indeed we played hard nosed defense and conservative consistent offense.

I am obviously not saying those offenses had more talent either. I am saying our offensive philosophy put us into a position to win close games now.

Do you feel comfortable we can pull out close games in the clutch now? I don't.

We are much more talented offensively now, excepting maybe Dillon. the argument is a simple one, we got the most out of the least, now we get the least out of the most.

If you like throwing to the same two guys and heaving it into triple coverage on a regular basis, this philosophy is it.

I'd like to see Welker and Wes open once in a while, but that will never happen again under the current scheme. great to have guys that can perform while being pounded and multiply covered i guess.

I think the primary receivers are more talented, but the Pats were more talented on offense in 2004 everywhere else. In 2003, the Pats had such a great defense in 2003 that they could overcome the fact the offense couldn't score (the defense scored 5 TDs themselves during the season). The Pats rarely got into shootouts in the Super Bowl years. The offense was built to win ball control low scoring games. This offense could do that too. What it can't do is hold leads when the defense gives up points late in the game. I don't know if the Super Bowl offenses could do that either.

I heard that Tom was on the Inj Report with "ribs" (among other things), now I'm seeing folks on here saying Fractured/cracked ribs.

WHERE did the "Cracked ribs" come from?

Weather was a factor today.

Funny... it didn't become a 'factor' until the 2nd half, the same half we were inept in the other road games.

I don't think the weather at the game was a factor at all.

It was definitely a factor.

Lots of dropped passes from both sides was because of the real feel temp of 10-15 degrees.

Temp was 25 but it felt colder with the 10 to 15 mph wind. I was well dressed for the game and I thought the temp definitely impacted the game. In fact it felt almost the same as being at the AFC CG against the Chargers.

I heard that Tom was on the Inj Report with "ribs" (among other things), now I'm seeing folks on here saying Fractured/cracked ribs.

WHERE did the "Cracked ribs" come from?

Kaczur - Kaczur and Kaczur.

I don't think the weather at the game was a factor at all.

Not even for Hanson ... heck ... he had a real excuse today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes