PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would the texans take mario williams ahead of bush???

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE_PATS_FAN_54

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
i was watching that espn draft special and they were saying that the texans are serious about negotiations with mario williams. my question is would the texans even consider putting mario williams name on that paper and handing that to the commissioner???

id say there is a 99.9 percent chance the Texans will take bush. Putting mario's name out there is just to try and lower Bush's contract.

re

I think they should trade down to #3-5, but if they stay put, I say: yes.
Unless they have a plan in place to deal D. Davis, they should take Mario. Any rebuilding team should start first with LT and DE/DT, especially the Texans.

maverick4 said:
I think they should trade down to #3-5, but if they stay put, I say: yes.
Unless they have a plan in place to deal D. Davis, they should take Mario. Any rebuilding team should start first with LT and DE/DT, especially the Texans.
agreed, and im starting to think reggie bush is slightly overrated. i know he has the great highlight runs every play, but hes not a every down type of back. but i think they should trade down, and take d'brick.

NE_PATS_FAN_54 said:
i was watching that espn draft special and they were saying that the texans are serious about negotiations with mario williams. my question is would the texans even consider putting mario williams name on that paper and handing that to the commissioner???

If they're smart they will. If they're even smarter, they'll try their damndest to trade down a bit and grab D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Reggie Bush will have no room to run behind that awful line, David Carr is a mediocre QB talent at best, and the defense is soft. Many more positions of need, and I'm still not sold on Bush as this great, game-changing talent. Having watched the Texans for two seasons now after moving down to Texas, they need to build strength in the trenches badly, it's where they're lacking most.

Richter said:
If they're smart they will. If they're even smarter, they'll try their damndest to trade down a bit and grab D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Reggie Bush will have no room to run behind that awful line, David Carr is a mediocre QB talent at best, and the defense is soft. Many more positions of need, and I'm still not sold on Bush as this great, game-changing talent. Having watched the Texans for two seasons now after moving down to Texas, they need to build strength in the trenches badly, it's where they're lacking most.
i disagree on carr....i think kubiak there he will reach his potential....if he can stand up straight

NE_PATS_FAN_54 said:
i disagree on carr....i think kubiak there he will reach his potential....if he can stand up straight

He's just not a good QB right now. He doesn't go through his reads, he doesn't adjust to what the defense gives him, he locks in on receivers and telegraphs his throws. Maybe it's because of the awful line play in front of him, and Kubiak will be able to break his bad habits and get him some blocking, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back