PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would the Pats be better off if the JEST were competent?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which would help the Pats more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously, the JEST will always suck. But which form of suckage would help the Patriots more?

From a fan standpoint, it breaks down this way:
Incompetent suckage: cheap LOLs, easy wins, and buttfumbles :rofl:
Competent suckage: the Schadenfreude of knowing that the JEST, even if they improve, will still never get over the hump :D

I think what you are asking is actually a Moebius strip....

250px-M%C3%B6bius_strip.jpg

I voted for "incompetent" suckage because the second option makes no sense to me. I tried to conceive it and failed, mostly because infinite things would have to change in my lifetime that I don't believe are possible. And, damn you for making me even try to imagine it. :brick:

Same here, I can't even put those 2 words in the same sentence, Jets and comp...comped...cramp...ah forget it.

It doesnt matter to me, I experienced the buttfumble, nothing from now on will be able to take that from me and thats how i'll always remember the jets. They could win 5 SB's in a row and i'll still think of them for the buttfumble.

I say no and here's why:

• The last two years, the Pats have gone the deepest in the playoffs they have ever gone since the 2006 season and the Jets sucked.
  • The two years the Jets went deep into the playoffs, the Pats were one and done in the playoffs.
  • Every year under Belichick that the Jets were legitimate contenders for the AFC East title late in December (other than 2001), the Pats didn't make the playoffs.

The last time the Jets were competent, the Pats had one of their more embarrassing playoff exits of the Brady/Belichick era and the defense that everyone thought was so awesome that year couldn't "stop a nosebleed", the best example of that statement being the DROY getting dragged into the end zone by Braylon Edwards. No thanks. I like my divisional opponents to be incompetent.

it doesn't make a difference

Having extra bye weeks is great!

Bye weeks with a +1 addition to the win column are even better!

Herm made them laughable, Mangini made them hateful, Rex makes them both. Let 'em suck every which way!

The Jets went "all in" for 2 plus years and got to the AFC championship game. That has cost them a few years of absolute suckage which is magnified by their front office decisions.

The question is irrelevant and doesn't need an answer, the jets will suck until football operations makes good decisions and they get a head coach who can make all 3 phases of the game play well, with one (offense or defense) playing top 5 ball.

Waiting for BB and TB to retire is their apparent bakup plan

I want the Jets to be as incompetently terrible as possible at all times. The more guaranteed those two wins per year are, the better. The only exception to that is that if we someday end up completely bottoming out and there's a fantastic QB prospect entering the draft, I want the Jets to be just competent enough for the Pats to get the #1 pick over them.

The Jets went "all in" for 2 plus years and got to the AFC championship game. That has cost them a few years of absolute suckage which is magnified by their front office decisions.

The question is irrelevant and doesn't need an answer, the jets will suck until football operations makes good decisions and they get a head coach who can make all 3 phases of the game play well, with one (offense or defense) playing top 5 ball.

Waiting for BB and TB to retire is their apparent bakup plan

The funny thing is, they could have been emerging on the other side of that already if they hadn't doubled down on that terrible roster construction and given huge contract extensions to Sanchez and Holmes. If they'd just kept the cap space, cut the underperforming veterans, and bottomed out for a year or two, it's at least theoretically possible that they oculd have found themselves in a good position on the other end of that.

Instead, they're stuck paying Sanchez $14M this year to be a starting QB that nobody wants.

The funny thing is, they could have been emerging on the other side of that already if they hadn't doubled down on that terrible roster construction and given huge contract extensions to Sanchez and Holmes.
i had those in mind when I talked about front office decisions. That sanchez contract really was a gift to the AFCE.

Dude, you're tempting the football gods here. Do you think Yankee fans used to wish that the Red Sox were better? Not for a second. I hope the Jets keep their current streak going ad infinitum.

Call me crazy but I like it when my team beats all the best teams on the block. That means we are better than the best...it makes for better football games too.

There are plenty of other competent teams to give us a run for our money. I'll take two wins per year from from an incompetent team any day.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back