PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would the Patriots draft Tyrann Mathieu?

For a 7 rounder, as st player AND slots corner but nothing else. Pretty sure he can be fixed, plus I doubt hes worse then Spikes, Hernandez, Talib, Dennard even Cunnigham and Bolden. Its not like we should be shamed if we drafted him.. But I really like those corners and safetys, who aint pretty boys !

Hes a playmaker and fit Patriots system in the slot, question is more if other teams take him before 7 round ( 49ers, Rams etc )

THose other guys weren't complete head cases who got kicked off the team and blew chance after chance. Dennard got in one fight, supposedly.

I would support it. He is well worth the risk on the 3rd day, he has first day talent and third day off the field issues.

Not a chance - risk isn't worth the reward whatsoever.

That depends on where he's going. Is he going in the top 15 like Bruce Irvin or the 7th round like Dennard?

I'm not optimistic about Mathieu's chances given that he's been warned, and warned, then booted, but if and when there is no risk, why not shoot for the reward? He's clearly got the pedigree.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back