PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would Steve Spagnuolo be an idea as our next DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he would bring him in as the DC but perhaps as another asst like he did with Capers a few years ago, I beleive he was listed as the Secondary coach or something like that. Bringing in a DC over Patricia and even Pepper would be a slap in the face to both. BB is about loyalty and that would not endear underlings to him.

Was listening to PFW today and they mentioned how Mike Nolan is a BB fan and might be available. He is another guy along with Spags that I would like to see brought in even just as a Quality Control guy to generate new ideas for the D.

Here's an idea: maybe BB should hire a committee comprising **** Vermeil, **** Butkus, Spagnuolo, Marv Levy and Marty Schottenheimer and have them come up with a plan for the Pats defense. If they can't come to consensus, then he should hire Eric Mangini to break into the Jets coaching offices and steal Wrecks Ryan's laptop including defensive schemes and playbook. That might help.

Last edited:
This is just BS talk. In 6 of the last 8 weeks, the Pats didn't allow a 300 yard passer. That's how I can say I've liked what I've seen.
QB's faced:

Sanchez
Palko
VY
Orlovsky
Grossman
Tebow
Matt Moore
Fitzpatrick

Umm...

QB's faced:

Sanchez
Palko
VY
Orlovsky
Grossman
Tebow
Matt Moore
Fitzpatrick

Umm...
Sanchez - 2 AFCG in a row. Grossman - SB. Tebow - the reincarnation of JC (that's Jed Clampett, not the Savior).

These jobs stay inhouse, BB would never relinquish the control. After BoB moves on, BB will post the job internally and interview when he's ready.

QB's faced:

Sanchez
Palko
VY
Orlovsky
Grossman
Tebow
Matt Moore
Fitzpatrick

Umm...

Hate to agree but I have to agree.

We've faced some horrible QBs and still looked bad. We need help. its that simple

Sanchez - 2 AFCG in a row. Grossman - SB. Tebow - the reincarnation of JC (that's Jed Clampett, not the Savior).

Who are you trying to fool? Sanchez's defense got him to those 2 AFC games. I can't believe you even went there with Grossman. He's terrible and you know it.

We need to stop hiding the truth, Bill needs help but he won't do it. I'm sure Brady is tired of carrying this team with the offense.

Agree with the above, we need somebody who can help improve this defense. I don't care who as long as the D gets better. BB's priority should be doing what he needs to do to get that done.... loyalties to incompetent personnel be damned. I know I sound a bit harsh but I am sick of watching this defense every week.

I believe we do need a good DC but I would ask Rac before Spags.

Just think, we're a 13 win team win this D....just imagine this team next year with a top 15 D...come on, let's not have to worry about our Offense putting up 30+ a game in order to win anymore. I love BB and respect everything he is about, but man this D is hard to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing