PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would Pats winning @ Pittsburgh be most impressive win by any NFL team this season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Most impressive victory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'd say yes.

Ravens did it, but without Big Rapey.

Note: Impressive, meaning the most quality win of any NFL team this season. Not the biggest upset, surprise, division importance, etc.

Last edited:
Re: Would Pats winning @ Pittsburgh be most impressive win by any NFL team this seaso

Well hey, it's his name!

Re: Would Pats winning @ Pittsburgh be most impressive win by any NFL team this seaso

Well Pete, If you of all people think it would be................then I guess it would have to be.

No...Cleveland beating the Patriots ANYWHERE is a bigger win.

No [insert the Win in the SuperDome] by [insert Cleveland] was more impressive.

I still think of the Pats as an elite team and a win by them over another elite team should never be the most impressive win of any season. Saying such diminishes the Patriots.

Last edited:

No...Cleveland beating the Patriots ANYWHERE is a bigger win.

To me, a home win against the Patriots would not qualify as the most impressive win of the season.

Also, the team who wins is irrelevant, that's why I said this wasn't for biggest upset/surprise. It based on opponent and setting alone.

No [insert the Win in the SuperDome] by [insert Cleveland] was more impressive.

A worthy candidate, but considering the Saints have lost to the Cardinals and already lost at home (to Falcons) that makes it less impressive, to me. Right now I'd say...

Ravens @ Jets
Packers @ Jets
Falcons @ Saints
Browns @ Saints
Titans @ Giants

Last edited:

I find it amazing that you'd lecture people on the merits if Deanna Favre's self respect and marriage to Brett Favre and not 24 hours later throw mud at Ben Roethlisberger for something he was never found guilty of (despite whatever opinion people have on the issue). You really are something Pessimistic Pete.

And no, it wouldn't be.

Last edited:

I find it amazing that you'd lecture people on the merits if Deanna Favre's self respect and marriage to Brett Favre and not 24 hours later throw mud at Ben Roethlisberger for something he was never found guilty of (despite whatever opinion people have on the issue). You really are something Pessimistic Pete.

And no, it wouldn't be.

OJ Simpson wasn't found guilty of murder, Barry Bonds hasn't been found guilty of using steriods yet...

Everyone knows that he's a rapist, come on.

And again, if you vote no, please specify.

doest really matter where it ranks among the season's most impressive wins. any win is a win ...who cares what it ranks right now. would be the same result at the end had we won vs cle and lose to pitt...7-2

OJ Simpson wasn't found guilty of murder, Barry Bonds hasn't been found guilty of using steriods yet...

Everyone knows that he's a rapist, come on.

And again, if you vote no, please specify.
Unfortunately you miss the point or simply ignore your own contradiction Pete. Proving and speculating are two different things. It's becoming tiresome.

The world is an amazing place. Stop making it a steaming pile of **** because you're not happy with it.

Last edited:

would be the same result at the end had we won vs cle and lose to pitt...7-2

Uh, no. If you had to choose between the two everyone would want the Steelers win instead.

If we beat the Browns and lose to Steelers...

-Lose the head-to-head tiebreaker with Steelers
-Still be questioned if they can beat a great team on the road
-Beat a horrible team

If we lose to Browns and Beat Steelers...
-Win head-to-head tiebreaker against Steelers
-Be confident we can beat any team on the road
-Beat a team considered the best in the NFL

An injury depleted Green bay team shutting the jets out at NY was the most impressive game IMO

Last edited:

I'd say that the Saints win against Pittsburgh was pretty damn impressive in it's own right. However, the Saints were playing the Steelers at home while we're playing them on the road.

An injury depleted Green bay team shutting the jets out at NY was the most impressive game IMO

Hmmm. Some would call the Pack's victory very impressive, indeed. :cool:

I don't see how a 6-2 team beating another 6-2 team would be the most impressive win of the season.

So would winning at Pittsburgh be impressive?
Sure.

Would it be the most impressive win of the 2010 season?
It might not even make a list of the top ten games in that category.

Week One: KC 21, San Diego 14
At the time KC was seen as one of the worst teams in the league while San Diego was assumed to easily win the AFCW and be a Super Bowl contender.

Week Two: Miami 14, Minnesota 10
The Vikings were supposed to be Super Bowl bound. The loss dropped them to 0-2 and they never recovered.

Week Three: Giants 17, Bears 14
People were starting to believe in 3-0 Chicago; the Giants defense exposed them. Since then the Bears have only beaten Carolina and Buffalo.

Week Five: Tampa Bay 24, Cincinnati 21
After winning only three games last year, the Bucs win on the road and vault from doormat to contender.

Week Six: Pats 23, Baltimore 20
Revenge from last year's playoff game; pre-season rumors of the Pats demise put to rest.

Week Seven: Green Bay 28, Minnesota 24
After losing to Favre and the Vikings twice last year, the Packers get that monkey off their back with this win at home. Green Bay went from this game to shutout the Jets and demolish Dallas.

Week Seven: Cleveland 30, New Orleans 17
The Browns make a big statement with this win.

Week Seven: Tennessee 37, Philadelphia 19
Coming on the heels of a 30-3 win the Titans show they deserve to be considered among the NFL's elite.

Week Seven: Oakland 59, Denver 14
Unfortunately for the Pats, Oakland is turning the corner. The Raiders follow this game up with a 33-3 win over Seattle the next week.

Week Eight: Jacksonville 35, Dallas 17
Many predicted the Cowboys would get to the NFCCG or further this pre-season. If there was any doubt that would not happen, this game was the final nail in the Cowboy's 2010 coffin. Dallas gets demolished by Green Bay 45-7 the next game and Wade Philips is history.

Week Nine: Cleveland 34, New England 14
For anyone that thought the win over the Saints was a fluke.

I don't see how a 6-2 team beating another 6-2 team would be the most impressive win of the season.

So would winning at Pittsburgh be impressive?
Sure.

Would it be the most impressive win of the 2010 season?
It might not even make a list of the top ten games in that category.

Week One: KC 21, San Diego 14
At the time KC was seen as one of the worst teams in the league while San Diego was assumed to easily win the AFCW and be a Super Bowl contender.

Week Two: Miami 14, Minnesota 10
The Vikings were supposed to be Super Bowl bound. The loss dropped them to 0-2 and they never recovered.

Week Three: Giants 17, Bears 14
People were starting to believe in 3-0 Chicago; the Giants defense exposed them. Since then the Bears have only beaten Carolina and Buffalo.

Week Five: Tampa Bay 24, Cincinnati 21
After winning only three games last year, the Bucs win on the road and vault from doormat to contender.

Week Six: Pats 23, Baltimore 20
Revenge from last year's playoff game; pre-season rumors of the Pats demise put to rest.

Week Seven: Green Bay 28, Minnesota 24
After losing to Favre and the Vikings twice last year, the Packers get that monkey off their back with this win at home. Green Bay went from this game to shutout the Jets and demolish Dallas.

Week Seven: Cleveland 30, New Orleans 17
The Browns make a big statement with this win.

Week Seven: Tennessee 37, Philadelphia 19
Coming on the heels of a 30-3 win the Titans show they deserve to be considered among the NFL's elite.

Week Seven: Oakland 59, Denver 14
Unfortunately for the Pats, Oakland is turning the corner. The Raiders follow this game up with a 33-3 win over Seattle the next week.

Week Eight: Jacksonville 35, Dallas 17
Many predicted the Cowboys would get to the NFCCG or further this pre-season. If there was any doubt that would not happen, this game was the final nail in the Cowboy's 2010 coffin. Dallas gets demolished by Green Bay 45-7 the next game and Wade Philips is history.

Week Nine: Cleveland 34, New England 14
For anyone that thought the win over the Saints was a fluke.

Excellent analysis....

Nevermind...I took a couple hours between starting and finishing and jmt57 summed it up perfectly.

Last edited:

@jmt, Nikolai

I specified this was for the best/most quality win. Not for the best upset, season saving, etc. game.

Again, the team that won is irrelevant. That only matters if we were talking about biggest upset/most important win. The answer to this question is strictly based on opponent and setting. I'm guessing you two didn't read that part as there is no way you feel wins against the Chargers, Chiefs, Bengals, Vikings, etc. are more quality wins than beating the Steelers at Pittsburgh.

I've already explained this though, so I'll try again. Pretend you're a fan of another team other than the Patriots and I say

"We beat Pittsburgh AT Pittsburgh, what was YOUR best win?"

There is no way you could say "Well we beat the Chiefs!" "We beat the Bengals!" and expect to even be on the same level as the person who beat the Steelers @ Pittsburgh.

I've already explained this though, so I'll try again. Pretend you're a fan of another team other than the Patriots and I say

yeah...everyone already KNOWS you are a transparent Jets troll from Gangrene...or did you forget the word for word post you put up here and THERE last month.

No Patriot fan is going to "pretend" anything...THAT is what eaten alive by jealousy and envy and 42 years of horrific squalor do to a Rat fan....so pretend away...no one cares, unless it's your other undercover green buddies you convinced to log on here and create all these idiotic threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes