PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would Mangini be so cold and throw the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you can move the time of a game this close to the actual game. I think there is a 13 day rule. The same as a game that is moved to Sunday Night Football.

I am pretty sure both will stay at 1 PM. Besides, CBS has SD and Denver at 4:15 and that will be for the AFC West.

I don't know exactly how it works, but hopefully they can't move it. It's not a question of the Jets trying to lose, but if they find out that day they're out if it, their hearts will be ripped out. I remember a season LONG ago when the Pats were kicked out the day they played the last game, and they had no heart. It's human nature.

Why would the Jets throw next week?

am i missing something they need a win and NE loss and they are in

Both teams play at 1:00 its not like they will have the advantage of knowing the outcomes.

i highly doubt that the jets throw the game next week
especially with the rats job on the line
thoughts?

It's official the SD/Denver game is for the AFC West. The likelihood of either AFC East game getting moved to 4 PM has dwindled quite a bit.

Re: Why would the Jets throw next week?

Sorry just saw a thread on this

Mods can we delete??

Thanks

I thought flex game moves have to be announced 12 days in advance. Is it different in week 17?

IT only needs to be 6 days for week 17. CBS and Fox can not protect games this week. I can't imagine if Denver loses that NBC wouldn't want SD/Denver AFC West title game

It's official the SD/Denver game is for the AFC West. The likelihood of either AFC East game getting moved to 4 PM has dwindled quite a bit.

Awesome.

Can't believe the Chargers are still in it.

Thank goodness because that would be really unfair. It's FAR more exciting to have them both play at the same time.

The league wants to avoid games being thrown like Indy Ten last year.

Really ought to be a league rule against moving a game with crucial implications for other teams to a later slot in last 2 weeks.

CBS pretty much has to move 1 or 2 games to 4:15 next week.

Both teams play at 1:00 its not like they will have the advantage of knowing the outcomes.

Game times for next week have not been set.

NBC will select an 8 pm game and then based on that CBS and Fox will adjust the 1/4 games.

Either the Jets game or the Giants game will be moved to 4 or 8 since they cannot play at the same time. Since the Giants game is meaningless next week, the Jets will likely not play at 1.

IT only needs to be 6 days for week 17. CBS and Fox can not protect games this week. I can't imagine if Denver loses that NBC wouldn't want SD/Denver AFC West title game
NBC doesn't have a game next week.

am i missing something they need a win and NE loss and they are in

i highly doubt that the jets throw the game next week
especially with the rats job on the line
thoughts?
you would have to be a ****** to say otherwise. the jets are going to be playing for there playoff lives. that doest mean much. we are talking about the jets after all. here's hoping they pull out a win.

If the Pats are ahead big, I can see Mangini throwing the game to the Phins.

I don't think there is an 8:00 game next week.

Can we stop worry about jets throwing a game ? We need to beat bills first !!

they just are beating denver in denver. Its going to be a hard game after the 2 byes we have had.

c'mon only the colts throw games

Just checked the schedule next week. There is no late game, so the game can't be changed!

There never is a game scheduled, it is on the TV schedule just not football as it will pit a potential playoff match up. It will be Den/SD is my guess. They should move our game to 4 and keep Jets at 1: so there is not issues about throwing games.

NBC doesn't have a game next week.

Yes they do, all Sunday games are scheduled for 1pm local starts. Then later tonight or tomorrow they will announce which games get moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back