PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would it take guts to appease the fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Krafts got plenty of money. Do a dog and pony show of an appeal, lose and be a hero.

When he knows it's a waste of time [anyone argue that point?]

And it puts him against all the owners he'll need to vote Goodell out?

Seems to me, that would be the cowards way out. Do something stupid, waste money and time, but be a hero to the fans.

He knew what he did wouldn't be popular, but he did it. Doesn't it take a lot more guts to do the unpopular thing?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
No...

Kraft is a dumbarse. The posters on here know what to do more than him!!!!;)

Well publicly supporting Goodell is hardly the way to remove him. He didn't accomplish anything with his surrender so I'm not inclined to praise him for some unknown, undefined, and non-existant accomplishment. But what he did either took guts or stupidity to not realize how unpopular he would be. My bet is stupidity.

But for the sake of argument let's assume it was guts. So what? It would take guts for me to walk into the mall and punch a toddler, since I would likely get tackled by security if not the crowd and end up in jail.

The more important question is did he do the right thing by hanging his fans, players, and team out to dry. The answer is no.

The Chargers fought and won. The Cowboys and Redskins appealed their cap violations. Even if you lost why not go down swinging? What would be lost? Nothing. The league has already shown there are one set of rules for the rest of the league and one for the Patriots. There was ZERO downside. Yet Bob hugged it out with the enemy. Do you really think Goodell has ever or will ever give the Patriots a fair shake?

Personally I never would have conceded and every week I'd bring a different cheating charge against another team.

Give me a goddamn break. I can already tell that by training camp this entire forum will be filled with dimwits ballwashing Kraft since everyone else will have left in disgust by then.

I'm kinda hoping the guys who want Kraft burned at the stake just leave.

• Agree
Reactions: JR4
He should have said I am not apealing but I still demand answers on points a,b, and c.

Kraft guaranteed his entry into the HOF . I believe he has already made it to the semi finals in years past.
Football no matter what is the only game in town nothing can hurt it, maybe players strike. The Pats however can be hurt, suspend QB, draft picks. Oh yea and just honor. Thats where the Captain takes over , except he jumped ship

Ps I love this talk about kraft wasting money if he fought on. 1m...5m...means nothing to him or it shouldn't. Heck Brady basically lent him ..what was it about 24 m a few months back.

Last edited:
The Chargers fought and won. The Cowboys and Redskins appealed their cap violations. Even if you lost why not go down swinging? What would be lost? Nothing. The league has already shown there are one set of rules for the rest of the league and one for the Patriots. There was ZERO downside. Yet Bob hugged it out with the enemy. Do you really think Goodell has ever or will ever give the Patriots a fair shake?

Personally I never would have conceded and every week I'd bring a different cheating charge against another team.

The chargers weren't charged with a rule violation. the fine was only for not producing the towel fast enough.

Krafts got plenty of money. Do a dog and pony show of an appeal, lose and be a hero.

When he knows it's a waste of time [anyone argue that point?]

And it puts him against all the owners he'll need to vote Goodell out?

Seems to me, that would be the cowards way out. Do something stupid, waste money and time, but be a hero to the fans.

He knew what he did wouldn't be popular, but he did it. Doesn't it take a lot more guts to do the unpopular thing?

Thoughts?

How much courage does it take to do this?

The chargers weren't charged with a rule violation. the fine was only for not producing the towel fast enough.

So what's the downside to fighting when you're never going to get a fair shake anyway.

I prefer that he is unpopular with 31 other people then Patriots nation within New England and elsewhere.

I guess he wanted to preserve his mythical influence with the other owners. Vote Goodell out, you have got to be kidding. The next time the POS screws up Kraft will be out front speaking up for his good buddy, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes