PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would it be ironic if we did a deal with the 49ers so they get thier #7 back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I can see the 49ers trying desperately to move up in the draft,possibly back at the spot they were supposed to have at #7 to get a top Offensive Tackle/Guard they sorely need like Albert or a Pass Rusher like a Gholston or Harvey.

I think the 49ers stocked pretty well in FA and maybe they are looking for the one BIG player they need that is still missing.

Can you see NE dealing the #7 back to the 49ers for their 1st (29),2nd (39), 3rd (75) and 4th (107) rounders?

I would like that scenerio but its alot of extra picks for SF to give away so I don't think it will happen,But would be interesting.

So the 49ers need that one top player to get them over the top and New England needs a dozen picks because we are rebuilding ???

So the 49ers need that one top player to get them over the top and New England needs a dozen picks because we are rebuilding ???

Because the 49ers organization are stupid enough to do something like this and New England knows most draft picks probably won't stick by August so the more the merrier (See our draft selections from last year and who is left (don't say Moss or Welker) - ummm there weren't much guys left)

I would be surprised if more than 4 rookies are still around by August

1 for 4?
uau...:confused:

even worse

Now the patriots are so poor at drafting that they can't pick a quality player at #7 with confidence. Instead we need to make four draft picks and hope that one sticks.

Because the 49ers organization are stupid enough to
do something like this and New England knows most draft picks probably won't stick by August so the more the merrier (See our draft selections from last year and who is left (don't say Moss or Welker) - ummm there weren't much guys left)

I would be surprised if more than 4 rookies are still around by August

even worse

Now the patriots are so poor at drafting that they can't pick a quality player at #7 with confidence. Instead we need to make four draft picks and hope that one sticks.

Well the guys that we picked last year mostly sucked and are not around and Merriweather is unproven whether he will be a good S or not - Thats the bottom line........

This years draft is crucial to the future of this team,especially on defense and you can sit in your little chair and come up with whatever you want to argue this but you won't win an argument when you can't see the future,We need a good Linebacker or two and a solid Corner in this draft to secure the D going into the next decade - I for one am looking forward to seeing what the FO does in 2 weeks.

Please list all Day One draftees from last year's draft that dindn't meet our needs. I didn't like the Meriweather pick. However, he is now in the 3-man safety rotation and started in the SB.

Well the guys that we picked last year mostly sucked and are not around and Merriweather is unproven whether he will be a good S or not - Thats the bottom line........

This years draft is crucial to the future of this team,especially on defense and you can sit in your little chair and come up with whatever you want to argue this but you won't win an argument when you can't see the future,We need a good Linebacker or two and a solid Corner in this draft to secure the D going into the next decade - I for one am looking forward to seeing what the FO does in 2 weeks.

(See our draft selections from last year and who is left (don't say Moss or Welker)

How can you not say Moss and Welker, or look at the the high 1st and 3rd this year? The Pats CHOSE to only make 1 day-1 pick (out of the 4 they had available) because they thought the 2007 draft class was so weak. You can't watch a team trade away most of the value of their entire draft and then decide to assess only the drafted players straight-up against other teams' full-value drafts!

It's the old Jimmy Johnson mantra: draft picks are currency that you can spend on players in a variety of ways. The Pats chose to spend a low #1, low #2, low #3 and high #4 on a high #1, high #3, Wes Welker and Randy Moss. You can argue with some of it (stewart bradley), but you have to take it all into account.

How can you not say Moss and Welker, or look at the the high 1st and 3rd this year? The Pats CHOSE to only make 1 day-1 pick (out of the 4 they had available) because they thought the 2007 draft class was so weak. You can't watch a team trade away most of the value of their entire draft and then decide to assess only the drafted players straight-up against other teams' full-value drafts!

It's the old Jimmy Johnson mantra: draft picks are currency that you can spend on players in a variety of ways. The Pats chose to spend a low #1, low #2, low #3 and high #4 on a high #1, high #3, Wes Welker and Randy Moss. You can argue with some of it (stewart bradley), but you have to take it all into account.
I'm not sure, but was that a Stewart Bradley siting?

Seems like I'm in the minority, but with the assumption that Groves or comparable might be available at 29 and we should be able to get one of the multitude of 1b talented CBs in the draft at 39, and save a significant amount of $ in the process, why not go #7 for 29 and 39 alone? Or draft one of the CBs at 29 and someone like Connor at 39? I know we haven't had a #7 caliber pick in a long time, but shoot, with the way this plays out, I don't see a huge #7 talent that we need, and I'd rather fill 2 needs than overpay for BPA...

I would not mind a first this year and a first next year. Though will all the criticism they took for unknowingly giving up the #7 pick for the #28 pick they wouldn't do it.

I can see the 49ers trying desperately to move up in the draft,possibly back at the spot they were supposed to have at #7 to get a top Offensive Tackle/Guard they sorely need like Albert or a Pass Rusher like a Gholston or Harvey.

I think the 49ers stocked pretty well in FA and maybe they are looking for the one BIG player they need that is still missing.

Can you see NE dealing the #7 back to the 49ers for their 1st (29),2nd (39), 3rd (75) and 4th (107) rounders?

I would like that scenerio but its alot of extra picks for SF to give away so I don't think it will happen,But would be interesting.

It wouldn't be ironic. Irony would be the Pats using the draft pick on McFadden (for the sake of argument), then McFadden sucking for 4 years in NE, then signing as a free agent with the 49ers and being an All World player.

But yes, it would be very funny if we traded this pick back to the Niners so we could get two picks next year or two firsts or something.

#7 for Patrick Willis anyone?

their first and second this year. their first and third next year.

No, merely co-incidental.

Only if they are giving us Patrick Willis for #7, but there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back