PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would Gaffney have helped this team?? How about Vrabel??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaffney - yes.
Vrabel - no. He'd be another locker room leader though.

You bet! This team does not have quality depth and letting players like this go is why. Vrabel's toughness and smarts alone would be helping this D and don't even get me started on casting off guys like Gaffney.

Why don't you wait until they have actually lost something until you post this! Seriously, what a pathetic little post...... What are you afraid of?

DUMP.....................exercise.........................................................

................................in........................................................................

...............................................................................................futility

Greetings,

Even though Gaffney would be better then what N.E. has as a third receiver, I don't think he would have made that much of a difference. Some people act as if he was an elite player that could take over and dominate. BTW this team nearly made it to the Super Bowl with Reche Caldwell at the helm as the head receiver.
Shalom,
Celticboy04

You bet! This team does not have quality depth and letting players like this go is why. Vrabel's toughness and smarts alone would be helping this D and don't even get me started on casting off guys like Gaffney.

This is the same problem the Vikes have. Favre is helping them right now, but he is also delaying their need to rebuild for the future. The Jets are paying for last year with this year and next year while Sanchez will have to be developed the right way.

So the answer to that is yes, Vrabel would have helped right now, but then we would not have gone after TBC who will be here for the next four years. We are rebuilding for the future, and those are the short term losses.

I liked Gaff, and for the right money, i wouldve liked to see us keep him. As for Vrabes, nope, sorry. He looked like he was running in quicksand. Maybe his leadership wouldve helped, provided he was behaving in the locker room, but his speed was long gone.

I liked Gaff, and for the right money, i wouldve liked to see us keep him. As for Vrabes, nope, sorry. He looked like he was running in quicksand. Maybe his leadership wouldve helped, provided he was behaving in the locker room, but his speed was long gone.
If Gaffney was available a few weeks into the free agency or maybe even a week, they might have signed him, but it seemed like Josh wanted to give him a longer contract and a quick signing. What players might the Pats not have signed of they went for him?? I think if one looks at it all, they needed to get the Cassell deal done first, so money could be freed up. I agree about Vrabel...leadership ability absolutely, but it was time for a change. His speed was not there and I emember in the Miami game chasing a wideout and how he was able to get by him and around the corner. That would not have helped this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back