PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would Dillon return for a couple of games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Does anyone think Corey would consider coming back as RB for a couple of games? Has he been keeping in shape?

It would be awesome to see him in a Pats uniform again, even if only for a few games.

I don't thinki he'df come back and I would guess he isn't in shape. He's had calls from ther teams and not even visited them.

What you mean like just to do us a favor? That'd be sweet, but I doubt it.

Does anyone think Corey would consider coming back as RB for a couple of games? Has he been keeping in shape?

It would be awesome to see him in a Pats uniform again, even if only for a few games.

Nah...no chance IMHO.

His fire went out after last season, plus something wasn't right with the way he left. Remember now Pioli made a few comments last March when he was give his release, not necessarily bad by any means, but certainly not exactly warm and fuzzy. Maybe someone has them handy and can post them.

I loved Dillon's contribution during our last Superbowl run and I will always have great memories of clock killin Dillon.

Does anyone think Corey would consider coming back as RB for a couple of games?

No!

Asking him to do this would almost be an insult. "Hey, can you sign you up for a few games then cut you when our good RB's get healthy?" obviously you wouldn't word it that way but that's how Corey would take it. Besides I think he's serious about retirement.

28-Locker won't be coming through those doors.

We'll pick someone off the scrap heap. Hoping it's not Barlow. I wouldn't mind seeing Verron Haynes. He seemed like a decent enough fill in guy in Pittsburgh.

Terry

I agree it's not going to happen. Last year proved he was washed up, as he only had a paltry 12 touchdowns.

He's already on record saying the only way he would consider coming back is if the Patriots asked him.

I agree it's not going to happen. Last year proved he was washed up, as he only had a paltry 12 touchdowns.

I'd bring him back and I think Corey might listen if you told him it would be for the remainder of the season and the playoff run. I don't think he'd want to come back just to replace Morris while injured only to get the door once Morris is healthy though.

Loved him in 2004 but got tired of seeing him get caught from behind last year

Min vet contract, 5-6 carries a game. Cut Ekle.

works for me.

He's already on record saying the only way he would consider coming back is if the Patriots asked him.

True that:
"The only way I would ponder getting on a flight is if the Patriots were in the Super Bowl, it was fourth and 1 on the goal line, and they needed me to pound it in. That's the only thing that would get me to put the pads on."

Might he reconsider if the Patriots needed him before that point, perhaps if Laurence Maroney sustained an injury?

"As far as I'm concerned, that game in Indy [in the AFC Championship] was the last game I played. Period," Dillon responded. "But I'll tell you what, I would have loved to have played with Randy Moss. That would have been pretty nice. But it was a year too late."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/08/05/career_has_run_its_course/

He'd have to learn the whole zone blocking thing. You know what they say about old dogs and new tricks... He'd probably need two weeks of practice just to get in shape and be comfortable with the playbook. OTOH the same could be said about other available RBs.

He'd have to learn the whole zone blocking thing... OTOH the same could be said about other available RBs.

Unless they could pry Droughns away from the G-men.
He played behind a similar zone-blocking scheme in Denver and did well.

I read his quote as "I don't think I want to come back, but I've changed my feelings often enough in my life that I'm not being 100% committal."

One of the reasons Corey left was because he's a proud man with a little bit of that chip still on his shoulder who wasn't willing to play for $2.5M, which was his salary minus the $3M option he deferred until 2007 that the Patriots were not going to pick up after his 2006 season. He knew it, they knew it, that's why he said after the AFCC game, "I'm done". Corey's made his money and he didn't want to risk his future for what for him would be comparative chump change. He has his ring. If you think he'd come back for veteran minimum you're dreamin. Sadly that is about all he'd be worth now after 8 months on the couch.

<< If you think he'd come back for veteran minimum you're dreamin. Sadly that is about all he'd be worth now after 8 months on the couch. >>

I'm not so sure about that.

A part of him has got to feel empty watching Brady and gang clean up every weekend. You can bet anything that he wishes he was in the thick of things.

The big question is whether or not he'd be able to swallow his pride to take a vet minimum. I guess it would all depend on how much he misses Brady and crew.

Unless they could pry Droughns away from the G-men.
He played behind a similar zone-blocking scheme in Denver and did well.

Can't happen unless the Giants release Droughns. The trading deadline was yesterday at 4:00. It looks like if we have to make a move then we're shopping through the Amos Zereoue's and Mike Cloud's of the league.

I recall him saying this as well in the offseason. Questions would be
1. Is he still in game shape
and
2. If he is, when Maroney & Morris are back, along with Faulk, is there going to be too many ppl for too few carries? (Assuming Morris is even out, and if its possible for Maroney to stay healthy)

If the above two points are okay...Well, we took a cap hit by releasing him as opposed to him retiring...So one can hope he'd return the favor by working for the vet min

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye