PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would Cleveland want Boyce since they've lost Gordon for the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh snap. I just figured you were telling me the literal truth, you mean Pissah and Joker dont go on Walmart bus trips together??

I think this is where they get their new teeth.

Because they are pretty stupid.

Given recent Patriots moves, we probably shouldn't be calling other teams stupid. It's probably better to just stick with the always accurate "Jets suck" for a while.

Given recent Patriots moves, we probably shouldn't be calling other teams stupid. It's probably better to just stick with the always accurate "Jets suck" for a while.
But it's the Browns :)

Boyce has proven just about nothing in the NFL. His most memorable play is drawing a PI flag in the end zone. I wouldn't care at all if the Browns pick him up if he's cut.

It's likely that Boyce is currently the the #8 WR on the Patriots roster (although WR6 is being called a TE). Why the hell would Cleveland trade anything for him?

If Wright really is a WR as you imply, why would be 6th on the depth chart when he outperformed every WR on the roster last year not named Edelmann?

If Wright really is a WR as you imply, why would be 6th on the depth chart when he outperformed every WR on the roster last year not named Edelmann?

He's a guy that reportedly was going to get cut in Tampa, so they weren't buying into his numbers from last year, but slot him where you want. It still puts Boyce at what's basically the WR8 spot.

His trade value is so low the return is a bucket of spit and a bottle of Jack.

we could probably get a few hot dogs for boyce

I'm hoping Josh Boyce puts on a show something like 150 all purpose yards and 3 touchdowns.

I rushing 2 receiving that way the people bashing the guy who was a beast in college can shut up.

How much would it suck if the Pats dropped him and he became a stud with say the Dolphins a team that was on the phone and we drafted him tonight before the Phins did.
It takes some players longer than others and to be fair he hasn't had a lot of reps he can only play with what he is given.

Has anyone ever gone back and watched the tapes this preseason?

I've seen him wide open a few times but the Quarterback overlooks him.

Now I'm not going to say that isn't a problem it certainly is and it could be to to many drops attribute to just that.

But I would hold on to him at least til Tyms comes back because let's be honest what player is going to come in learn the system build comfort with our QBs and make more of a impact than Josh us capable of.

I think he will breakout I just hope he's wearing the flying Elvis when he does.

well, look on the bright side, PWP...we can always gum him to death...

He's a guy that reportedly was going to get cut in Tampa, so they weren't buying into his numbers from last year, but slot him where you want. It still puts Boyce at what's basically the WR8 spot.

Wright being cut was probably overstated. But if we are going by that, what does that say about Revis? He was cut by the Bucs too.

But even if he was going to get cut, it might not have anything to do with his talent to perform in this offense. He might have been a poor scheme fit in Smith's offense (like Revis was for his defense) and he was Schiano's pet project and many times head coaches want to dump players closely associated with the last regime.

Last year could have been a flash in the pan for the guy, but he had a near historic year for a rookie TE. Few TEs put up the numbers Wright did in NFL history. The guy has a ton of upside and could be a similar player to what Hernandez was.

I am shocked Deus thought the Mankins trade was stupid.

OK Inspector Renault....

shocked.jpg

If we're really lucky they might trade us a bag of footballs for him or something. Don't expect them to give up anything of substance when they can get similar expected production off the waiver wire.

Reactions: Ian
Rather than just cut Boyce, wouldn't it make sense to trade him to Cleveland since they are down a speedy WR? I'd rather have Tyms on the roster. He seems to have a nose for the ball and Boyce seems to fight the ball when it comes his way-IMHO

:D
it would probably make sense to trade him, but at this point what would they get? If the patriots dont want Boyce then I doubt teams are going to give up anything to get him. 90% chance Tyms is a preseason flash in the pan

If they want a WR that has proven nothing..then go for it Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing